Jack White Acoustic Recordings 1998-2016 2LP

Love interruption --->
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Re: Jack White Acoustic Recordings 1998-2016 2LP

Post by Kali Durga »

dreamover wrote:
Stl_ben wrote:
dreamover wrote:it's been a long time since i've done a TMR release visit. How early will I have to camp out for this one?
Judging by recent releases....you won't.
They haven't been posting release numbers and then just been pressing a ton so they last all day.
I could be wrong, but just judging it on the last few similar releases at TMR.
Last TMR release i went to was Detroit for the grand opening. They only had enough special stuff for the first 40 people in line to get everything. Camped at 6 am, didn't get anything limited. And if I'm making the drive I want to be sure I'm there in time. But hopefully, if they don't release numbers, getting there in the morning will be fine.
If I remember correctly, they didn't run out of anything til the end of the day this past RSD, and there was obviously a lot of Icarus limited stuff left after that event.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Mick III
Little Acorn

Post by Mick III »

I start to be bored of this beautiful limited edition only for Nashville and Detroit ... Here in France we need to pass by ebay or discogs with increase price and I don't mention shipping cost ...
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Mick III wrote:I start to be bored of this beautiful limited edition only for Nashville and Detroit ... Here in France we need to pass by ebay or discogs with increase price and I don't mention shipping cost ...
I'm guessing you weren't around "back in the day"....
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Datch
Little Acorn

Post by Datch »

rsimms3 wrote:
Mick III wrote:I start to be bored of this beautiful limited edition only for Nashville and Detroit ... Here in France we need to pass by ebay or discogs with increase price and I don't mention shipping cost ...
I'm guessing you weren't around "back in the day"....
At least then you could pay some homeless person to do the work for you ;)
“More people know a fragment of his music than know his name.”
achouza
Little Ghost

Post by achouza »

Yup, I dont get any more of the limited TMR editions. I used to buy them all of ebay / discogs and it got expensive real quick. Once you miss one and you no longer have a complete set, you are ok with missing them all
<<<< Ahuevooo! >>>>
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

I love that TMR posted a video for how to open this record....it is a tricky thing to figure out.
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
Bikedo
Little Ghost

Post by Bikedo »

Bikedo wrote: Anybody heading to TMR interested in trading a blue JW acoustic for a mint Gories tri send me a PM.
I'd like to sleep 100 days, my feeling has gone, flesh cold and numb.
Jamie
Little Ghost

Post by Jamie »

There's a cool interactive timeline on the website: http://jackwhiteiii.com/timeline/#/

A few bits in there that I didn't know before and a couple of interesting photos of master tapes and lyric sheets.
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

Jamie wrote:There's a cool interactive timeline on the website: http://jackwhiteiii.com/timeline/#/

A few bits in there that I didn't know before and a couple of interesting photos of master tapes and lyric sheets.
Interesting to see alternate versions of the lyrics, too.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

I just started exploring it and in addition to the cool tidbits about the songs, the photo of Meg and Jack under Sugar Never Tasted So Good is priceless.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

Kali Durga wrote:I just started exploring it and in addition to the cool tidbits about the songs, the photo of Meg and Jack under Sugar Never Tasted So Good is priceless.
Well, matter of opinion, but I did enjoy seeing the pic of them with Holly Golightly, now makes it possible to envision them singing that song.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Aquamarine wrote:
Kali Durga wrote:I just started exploring it and in addition to the cool tidbits about the songs, the photo of Meg and Jack under Sugar Never Tasted So Good is priceless.
Well, matter of opinion, but I did enjoy seeing the pic of them with Holly Golightly, now makes it possible to envision them singing that song.
Yes, that was nifty, too. I would never have imagined Jack wearing a tie for that. And I love that that song's included.
runofthemill
Little Ghost

Post by runofthemill »

Additional details will be announced throughout the week.

:wave:
mbowers
Little Cream Soda

Post by mbowers »

Just in case it needed to be said: I am not smarter than the video.

Do not think you can peel the sticker to attach it to the plastic wrap and cut that out to save it, then use Goof Off on the residue on the sleeve. You will bleach the nice picture of Jack.

On a related note, I'm going to bleach the whole thing and make my own hand painted sleeve, because at this point, why not?
Datch
Little Acorn

Post by Datch »

mbowers wrote:Just in case it needed to be said: I am not smarter than the video.

Do not think you can peel the sticker to attach it to the plastic wrap and cut that out to save it, then use Goof Off on the residue on the sleeve. You will bleach the nice picture of Jack.

On a related note, I'm going to bleach the whole thing and make my own hand painted sleeve, because at this point, why not?
But at least you got the sticker :shifty:
“More people know a fragment of his music than know his name.”