Jack White TOPPS Card

Love interruption --->
DBCooper
Little Acorn

Re: Jack White TOPPS Card

Post by DBCooper »

arewhyehen wrote:
rsimms3 wrote:
DBCooper wrote:I've never seen such astonishing detective work.
What? This from the guy that tracked down a copy of Jack White's high school year book....
But that turned out to be not so astonishing because Jack wasn't even in it. :lol:
I think there was a "back of head" shot in the hallway in the random pics section. I could tell by the white neck and arms. Plus, I don't care what you say, if he'd had been in there It would have been awarded the swirl find of the year for 12'.
That can go now.
littleacorn
Little Ghost

Post by littleacorn »

DBCooper wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:
rsimms3 wrote:
DBCooper wrote:I've never seen such astonishing detective work.
What? This from the guy that tracked down a copy of Jack White's high school year book....
But that turned out to be not so astonishing because Jack wasn't even in it. :lol:
I think there was a "back of head" shot in the hallway in the random pics section. I could tell by the white neck and arms. Plus, I don't care what you say, if he'd had been in there It would have been awarded the swirl find of the year for 12'.
littleacorn wrote:STALK
verb (used with object)
to pursue (game, a person, etc.) stealthily.
"Jack White shreds like a man who met the devil at the crossroads and punched him in the nuts"
mrwizardgi
Little Bird

Post by mrwizardgi »

Hey all- This isn't meant to be a brag or anything, but the pics at the beginning of the post are mine. I originally posted on the TMR Collectors FB page and then sent LP some pics via private message through FB. I'm happy to share any info or answer any questions regarding the card, but I think most everything can be explained in the pics. It was definitely a surreal encounter with Mr. White and members of his band in KC. I would put it in the same category as meeting the Beatles back in the day. It is something I will definitely remember for a long, long time.
DBCooper
Little Acorn

Post by DBCooper »

mrwizardgi wrote:Hey all- This isn't meant to be a brag or anything, but the pics at the beginning of the post are mine. I originally posted on the TMR Collectors FB page and then sent LP some pics via private message through FB. I'm happy to share any info or answer any questions regarding the card, but I think most everything can be explained in the pics. It was definitely a surreal encounter with Mr. White and members of his band in KC. I would put it in the same category as meeting the Beatles back in the day. It is something I will definitely remember for a long, long time.
I heard if you run it under water it changes colors....can you verify?
That can go now.
Jettkoral
Little People

Post by Jettkoral »

Meeting Jack White is comparable to meeting The Beatles...?
Uhh..
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

To hell with jack and the Beatles. I want to meet Neil
Jettkoral
Little People

Post by Jettkoral »

arewhyehen wrote:To hell with the Beatles
i'm sorry, ryan, we can't talk to each other anymore
crimpies
Little Acorn

Post by crimpies »

Is it true if you cut it in three pieces it magically reforms?
DBCooper
Little Acorn

Post by DBCooper »

arewhyehen wrote:To hell with jack and the Beatles. I want to meet Neil
ya he is a badass. you guys kinda look alike too. that's cool...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
That can go now.
littleacorn
Little Ghost

Post by littleacorn »

A few minutes at a work computer and a few clicks and I'm on my way to ebay gold....Image
The guy on ebay wont show the back of the card because you can't manipulate the back format like the real Jack cards have been made.
"Jack White shreds like a man who met the devil at the crossroads and punched him in the nuts"
alanl
Little Cream Soda

Post by alanl »

Here's a real baseball card and signed by the man himself before a game in Toronto!!! JW Baeball card whats the big deal? nice if it's a little extra in vault package, maybe?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mr. Natural - The Whole Universe is Completely Insane!
tanzaib
Little Ghost

Post by tanzaib »

littleacorn wrote:A few minutes at a work computer and a few clicks and I'm on my way to ebay gold....Image
The guy on ebay wont show the back of the card because you can't manipulate the back format like the real Jack cards have been made.
I sent a message to the person on ebay selling the card if it was being sold as an original or a repro.
Never got a reply so that answer that no bid from me coming up...
maxman142001
Little Ghost

Post by maxman142001 »

tanzaib wrote:
littleacorn wrote:A few minutes at a work computer and a few clicks and I'm on my way to ebay gold....Image
I sent a message to the person on ebay selling the card if it was being sold as an original or a repro.
Never got a reply so that answer that no bid from me coming up...
From the listing on ebay:

Aug-27-14

Q: Hello, Is this truly an authentic, legitimate card obtained from Jack White? May I see the reverse side of the card? Thanks.
A: Topps promo. Not available in packs. I did NOT get from Jack White himself. Not sure why people keep asking me that. I am traveling for work this week and don't have the card with me. I will post pics when I return if the auction has not ended.The back looks like a regular card with stats and so forth.
<<Jack White>> @Maxman142001 'let me tell you about my baby she was born out in arizona..."
cigarman44
Little Cream Soda

Post by cigarman44 »

Yep, just need a good pic of the original front and you can get pretty close on the back as well. 20 bucks for 15 cards. Gold mine!
littleacorn
Little Ghost

Post by littleacorn »

cigarman44 wrote:Yep, just need a good pic of the original front and you can get pretty close on the back as well. 20 bucks for 15 cards. Gold mine!
Exactly my point give anybody a little time and effort and they can sell some pretty convincing fakes as a Topps "promo"