Lazaretto

Love interruption --->
scoliosispony
Little Acorn

Re: Lazaretto

Post by scoliosispony »

Kali Durga wrote:So it seems to me that the albums that were recorded in his usual, immediate, written-in-the-studio way all have a coherence and overall mood that the other two, the ones that contain music worked on over time, don't.

Which is not to say I don't like either album, just that after Lazaretto loses its newness, it may become like WBC for me, in that it might not be one that I reach for so frequently since I listen to Jack's music according to what sort of mood I'm in. It may only come out when I feel a desire to hear particular songs on it.
I think the overarching theme or mood is loneliness, and that can manifest itself many ways. Not all loneliness induces sadness. It can make you sad but also antsy, angry, lethargic, etc. You can try to fight, fuck (empty sex is lonely), or drink it away. You're always left with yourself after the distractions dissipate. Even amidst the occasional bursts of energy and melancholy lulls, every song strikes me as lonely. But that could very easily just be me.
i won't let love disrupt, corrupt, or interrupt me anymore...

Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

You have a point there, but I dunno if I'd call it loneliness so much as aloneness. Though the difference there is subtle.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
scoliosispony
Little Acorn

Post by scoliosispony »

Kali Durga wrote:You have a point there, but I dunno if I'd call it loneliness so much as aloneness. Though the difference there is subtle.
Well, yeah. You can be alone without being lonely, and you can be lonely without being alone (that's the worst).
i won't let love disrupt, corrupt, or interrupt me anymore...

josephodonnell
Little Acorn

Post by josephodonnell »

I just asked a local record store if they had any posters that they weren't using.

I kid you not this thing is almost 2meters wide.

No idea what the design is...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404222739.245945.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
FUCK
FASHION
LETS
SMOKE
MENTHOLS
josephodonnell
Little Acorn

Post by josephodonnell »

AWWW yeaaahh
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404239866.974935.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
FUCK
FASHION
LETS
SMOKE
MENTHOLS
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

josephodonnell wrote:AWWW yeaaahh
Very cool !
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

josephodonnell wrote:AWWW yeaaahh
Nice!! That is pretty cool..
Jimmy the Exploder
Little Bird

Post by Jimmy the Exploder »

The next single of Lazaretto, Would You Fight For My Love is going to be relased on 4th August !!!
axlklr88
Little Bird

Post by axlklr88 »

Everyone else has had their say, I suppose I'll have mine..

Re: black Lazaretto

-The famous 'skip' everyone had been going about, is noticeable, but hardly so..
- The LP is mixed quiet as hell, as in, if I were to put on one if my other records at he same vol I was listening to lazaretto, I'd blow an ear :P this kinda annoys me, I'm all about pushing some air and getting some great dynamic range, but I feel this isn't quite achievable with lazaretto on vinyl. All that pushing the volume up does is increase backround noise.
- The sound quality in my opinion is not all that great. Perhaps the way it was mixed this was the intention, and if so, that's fine.

All in all, not to sure how I feel about the LP.

I really miss the sound of the 12" single sixteen saltines/love is blindness. Ideally, this is how wax should sound and what makes me love it so much. That's sounds ABSOLUTELY killer and is reference material in my opinion as far as sound quality is concerned.

End of the day, still a great album.. On ya Jackie boy!
Jamie
Little Ghost

Post by Jamie »

The Side B label track is cute. The A side not so much.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

What, you don't dig Supacracka doing Superfly?

"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
circecoen
Little Bird

Post by circecoen »

I guess it's normal that the label tracks are really noisy, right? I don't know if as much as mine, so I wonder. I can barely hear the song behind the noise.
knoxvle
Little Acorn

Post by knoxvle »

circecoen wrote:I guess it's normal that the label tracks are really noisy, right? I don't know if as much as mine, so I wonder. I can barely hear the song behind the noise.
Maybe yours is a late pressing? I mean plates to get worn after so many pressings so maybe it isn't as deep (the grooves)?
dunedin
Little Ghost

Post by dunedin »

circecoen wrote:I guess it's normal that the label tracks are really noisy, right? I don't know if as much as mine, so I wonder. I can barely hear the song behind the noise.
I haven't played my black vinyl labels but my vault version was noisy. Like one of those Polish postcard records.
dunedin
Little Ghost

Post by dunedin »

Kali Durga wrote:What, you don't dig Supacracka doing Superfly?
I'd like to hear a full length version on a b-side or vault 45.