Pokey LaFarge

nickboat
Little Ghost

Re: Pokey LaFarge

Post by nickboat »

I predict a Pokey Lp on TMR.... starting out with 45 single.... then a live at TMR show... bet the B&B will go to the vault.

but who am I and what do I know.

P.S- bet it's not produced by Jack either...
HUSTLE AND CUSS
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

They've been working on a new record since last year. My bet is that TMR is going to distribute that record, just like they did with Seasick Steve's last one. I'm hoping that the rumors of a second Blue Series are true, and I'd either be thrilled or cry (depending on whether I could make it) if they played a show at TMR.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
JonnyH
Little Ghost

Post by JonnyH »

nickboat wrote:I predict a Pokey Lp on TMR.... starting out with 45 single.... then a live at TMR show... bet the B&B will go to the vault.

but who am I and what do I know.

P.S- bet it's not produced by Jack either...
Yah, it might end up being mixed by Jack White, but the band has had the album finished for close to a year now. They were just shopping it for the right record deal. I'm really excited to see it on Third Man.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Actually, they just got into the studio a couple months ago. In Nashville, though not at Jack's studio.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
JonnyH
Little Ghost

Post by JonnyH »

Kali Durga wrote:Actually, they just got into the studio a couple months ago. In Nashville, though not at Jack's studio.
Cool! I love those guys. I think we need a washboard solo on the B-side of any new blue series from them.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Ah, I love me some Ryan on washboard. Heck, I love me some Ryan, period. He's so damned sweet. Talked to him at a show here in DC last year and mentioned that I'd just been at the show at Red Rocks, where they played with Jack. He was off and running about how cool it's been for them to work with Jack. I had to reign him in to ask about their own album. It was so cute.

I'm really curious to hear how the two new members affect their sound. Dunno whether they were added in time to be on this record or not.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Kali Durga wrote:Ah, I love me some Ryan on washboard. Heck, I love me some Ryan, period. He's so damned sweet. Talked to him at a show here in DC last year and mentioned that I'd just been at the show at Red Rocks, where they played with Jack. He was off and running about how cool it's been for them to work with Jack. I had to reign him in to ask about their own album. It was so cute.

I'm really curious to hear how the two new members affect their sound. Dunno whether they were added in time to be on this record or not.
:oops: you're so sweet...

Haha, kidding! But it was Ryan's birthday the second night they opened up for Jack in Toronto and a few people bought him a cupcake for his birthday. Very nice of them, but Pokey were amazing and Ryan was pretty fuckin rad. Also, that stache is amazing.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

You know who else is sweet? Adam. The first time I talked to him was at another show in DC the previous year, and he'd just obtained a new vintage Gibson that he was all excited about. He said it was the first guitar he'd bought himself with money he'd earned by playing guitar for a living. When I talked to him again in NYC last year, I asked if he'd gotten it set up with pickups and such yet, and he started to tell me the same story again. I mentioned that he'd said that to me before and that I thought it was the sweetest thing ever, and he said that he'd been talking to his mother about it that day, too, and that she'd said the same thing. I love these boys. Their music is fantastic on its own, but the fact that they're such endearing people makes 'em even more terrific.
runofthemill
Little Ghost

Post by runofthemill »

Single, LP, and live show all coming up. News up at tmr.com
Jettkoral
Little People

Post by Jettkoral »

AWESOME!
curseofhalos

Post by curseofhalos »

I can't wait for the show at TMR. I am so there! :D
Jettkoral
Little People

Post by Jettkoral »

Wish he would come to detroit though... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

EDIT- LIVE LP AND NEW FULL LENGTH AND SINGLE THOUGH....COUNT ME IN!!!
Last edited by Jettkoral on Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
runofthemill
Little Ghost

Post by runofthemill »

curseofhalos wrote:I can't wait for the show at TMR. I am so there! :D
Yeah a Saturday too, I can actually make that!
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

DAMN, DAMN, DAMN, DAMN, DAMMIT!! I have been dying to see Pokey at TMR ever since the Racs show there, but I'm going to be in Las Vegas for an annual business trip on June 1st.

[MORE CURSE WORDS]
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

Yeah, no way I'm missing this. I wonder when tickets go on sale.