Karen Elson

Jackwhitelover
Little Bird

Re: Karen Elson

Post by Jackwhitelover »

Alabama Woody wrote:Oh OK. I had forgot about that high dollar shindig. Would have loved to go. It was like $250 each for tickets.

Hope Karen plays something new at the Cannery.
I think it was around $500 a ticket. High rollers only.
dunedin
Little Ghost

Post by dunedin »

Anyone catch a Karen and Neko show? I saw Neko last week but Karen wasn't there. My show had Lucy Wainwright Roche as the opener.
Woody
Little Bird

Post by Woody »

dunedin wrote:Anyone catch a Karen and Neko show? I saw Neko last week but Karen wasn't there. My show had Lucy Wainwright Roche as the opener.
I saw them at the Cannery in Nashville. Mark Waltrous was playing guitar for Karen. It was a good show! Not many people for Karen then packed house for Neko, sad.
bh1644
Little Ghost

Post by bh1644 »

got a frame for my daughter's record, she is really happy with it....

dunedin
Little Ghost

Post by dunedin »

A recent article on Karen where she mentions making another record this year, "if it kills me".

http://thezoereport.com/women-of-style- ... ce=twitter
bh1644
Little Ghost

Post by bh1644 »

dunedin wrote:A recent article on Karen where she mentions making another record this year, "if it kills me".

http://thezoereport.com/women-of-style- ... ce=twitter
thanks for posting! great news...
bkramer10
Little Ghost

Post by bkramer10 »

That album has been in the works for like 2 years. Way overdue
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

bkramer10 wrote:That album has been in the works for like 2 years. Way overdue
hmm, so is Jack going to release this one?
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

I doubt it
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
pitseleh
Little Bird

Post by pitseleh »

Saw this and thought I'd mention it here since it could be relevant. A couple of days ago, Karen Elson posted a video on Instagram of Jackson Smith playing guitar. His wife (?) commented with something like "I'm glad you guys are working," so there seems to be something in the works. Has to be that new album, I think!
woodisgood
Little Ghost

Post by woodisgood »

Apologies for the (v.) late opinion, but . . .

Karen's cover of "Winter's Going" on the B-side to "Milk and Honey" is impossibly perfect. For so long, Laura Marling's "Blues Run the Game" was my #1 all-time favorite Blue Series 7". After having spun Karen's "Winter's Going" approx. 20+ times in the past three weeks, I realize now how insipid I've been never having simply put this fucking masterpiece on my turntable despite owning it since the week it was released. I always thought her debut was very good, and that her live Vault LP was superior in many ways. And yet I never dug deeper into her discography.

If any of y'all are in a similar boat regarding her work, please check out this cut. It's not just the better than the original—everyone's performance on it is just sublime.
"I'd wish you happiness, but I know it'd be detrimental to your art."
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

woodisgood wrote:Apologies for the (v.) late opinion, but . . .

Karen's cover of "Winter's Going" on the B-side to "Milk and Honey" is impossibly perfect. For so long, Laura Marling's "Blues Run the Game" was my #1 all-time favorite Blue Series 7". After having spun Karen's "Winter's Going" approx. 20+ times in the past three weeks, I realize now how insipid I've been never having simply put this fucking masterpiece on my turntable despite owning it since the week it was released. I always thought her debut was very good, and that her live Vault LP was superior in many ways. And yet I never dug deeper into her discography.

If any of y'all are in a similar boat regarding her work, please check out this cut. It's not just the better than the original—everyone's performance on it is just sublime.
yeah, I really like The Ghost Who Walks. I have assumed that Jack must have had a very heavy hand in it because I just think half the time "when did this model all of a sudden just get a second talent"
Datch
Little Acorn

Post by Datch »

Karen already made music with a band before Jack tho. So it isn't totally out of the blue.
“More people know a fragment of his music than know his name.”
koala
Little Acorn

Post by koala »

I cannot wait for her next album. I really like her song-writing and her voice - it's so sweet and delicate but not too weak and so unique!
koala
Little Acorn

Post by koala »

So she has finally started recording the next album with Jonathan Wilson, according to social media.