Karen Elson

Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Re: Karen Elson

Post by Stl_ben »

mangry wrote:Karen's set was short but very sweet. Rachelle Garniez played accordion and sang beautiful harmonies. Some standouts were The Ghost Who Walks and Long Black Veil. Even better - they had lace 7"s for $6 and peach LPs for $20! Booyah!
Wait they had more copies of the peach LP, that was suppose to be limited to the vault. The LP they accidentally sold more than they had to start with?
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
mangry
Little Ghost

Post by mangry »

I guess they must have found a few in back...new old stock? This one barely smells of peach...maybe that's why they didn't sell it before. :arrow:

Ben, if it makes you feel any better, I sat in the cold, rainy alley behind TMR all night on RSD to buy the lace record for $10. My buddy who was with me at the show today walked right up on a nice warm day and bought it for $6.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by mangry on Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hyperbole used for effect!
gdm
Little Acorn

Post by gdm »

mangry wrote:I guess they must have found a few in back...new old stock? This one barely smells of peach...maybe that's why they didn't sell it before. :arrow:
Damn. 20 bucks. I still don't own one of those. Nice score!
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

gdm wrote:
mangry wrote:I guess they must have found a few in back...new old stock? This one barely smells of peach...maybe that's why they didn't sell it before. :arrow:
Damn. 20 bucks. I still don't own one of those. Nice score!
+1. $20 is an awesome price!
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

hey mangry, was there a poster for the show?
mangry
Little Ghost

Post by mangry »

No, it was a weird kind of show. A festival put on by metro parks...no RJ prints or anything cool like that.
HappyDad
Little Ghost

Post by HappyDad »

Peach LPs? Well, if someone can pick me one ... TMR website fucked up when I tried to get one duing the vault sale so I'm still missing it :/
The french White Stripes | Third Mand Records | Raconteurs | Dead Weather board : Join the French Fun
--> JUST HERE
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Karen Elson

Post by dylnfan »

Stl_ben wrote:
mangry wrote:Karen's set was short but very sweet. Rachelle Garniez played accordion and sang beautiful harmonies. Some standouts were The Ghost Who Walks and Long Black Veil. Even better - they had lace 7"s for $6 and peach LPs for $20! Booyah!
Wait they had more copies of the peach LP, that was suppose to be limited to the vault. The LP they accidentally sold more than they had to start with?
And this surprises you?
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo
ellisintransit
Little Cream Soda

Post by ellisintransit »

Wow. Nice pickup Mangry! I didn't look for any merch, but it was a good show. Set ended with Gold Dust Woman, and she mentioned it was her first time playing it live. I also had assumed that she recorded Gold Dust Woman with Beck when he was at Third Man Studios to record, but she said she flew to LA to record that with him.
curseofhalos

Post by curseofhalos »

Damn, I knew I should've gone to that show. It was a rough weekend though. Nice score!
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

Post by theeradicaleclectic »

congrats!!! glad the weather didnt create any disappointments :D
The clock in the kitchen says 2:55..... And the clock in the kitchen is slow
mangry
Little Ghost

Post by mangry »

theeradicaleclectic wrote:congrats!!! glad the weather didnt create any disappointments :D
Yep, Saturday was just peachy. :oops: (embarrassed at that one...)
dunedin
Little Ghost

Post by dunedin »

Karen is playing Pettyfest 2012 at Webster Hall NYC on Oct 24th. Tickets $25.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/00004 ... orcatid=60

There will be a date at El Ray Theater in LA as well.
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

Karen posted this on twitter back on the 1st of Feb. Hopefully some new music from her soon.
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
Facebook / FT/ISO / ExpressoBeans Collection / Google+
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

Oh, and I know it's not Karen's song, but she does sing on it, and the song is great.

It's a cover, the original was done by Vashti Bunyan.
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
Facebook / FT/ISO / ExpressoBeans Collection / Google+