The Black Belles

dunedin
Little Ghost

Re: The Black Belles

Post by dunedin »

New North American dates and tri locations, all in England, for the new single posted on the BB website.

http://theblackbelles.com/new-tour-date ... ri-colors/
mojoryan
Little People

Post by mojoryan »

dunedin wrote:New North American dates and tri locations, all in England, for the new single posted on the BB website.

Thanks for this! Looks like I'll be catching them again; The Comet (Cincinnati) June 12th (which is also my son's birthday...)
"I might not be perfect but I'm me to the bone"~ Seasick Steve
...words to live by.
"This steepen guy grinds my gears."~stl_ben
imo, it's all a result of the modern record collectors association with commodity fetishism~dcmak5
chrono_1980
Little Ghost

Post by chrono_1980 »

dunedin wrote:New North American dates and tri locations, all in England, for the new single posted on the BB website.

TMR Catalog shows 300 tris for this one... guessing the RRS for the other 150?
grumblestiltskin
Little Ghost

Post by grumblestiltskin »

Fellow Englishmen - what time are you going to be hitting up your store? Bearing in mind that there will be ~20 at each...

EDIT: Rough trade have announced that they are doing a third man trivia quiz to check people aren't ebayers...I'd be gutted if I embarrassed myself by not knowing the answer...
Patient B1003
sandmaniac3
Little Acorn

Post by sandmaniac3 »

Better study up! I bet the questions will be fairly rudimentary. They just want to make sure people don't show up with 3 friends who know nothing about TMR and walk away with 4 Lightning Bolts. Oh wait, I was thinking of somewhere else. Same applies here though. ;)

Edit: They may ask some Black Belles questions though. I am not sure how much I know about them. I guess its good I wont be in line for this one.
Has everything you said today been true?
mojoryan
Little People

Post by mojoryan »

sandmaniac3 wrote:Better study up! I bet the questions will be fairly rudimentary. They just want to make sure people don't show up with 3 friends who know nothing about TMR and walk away with 4 Lightning Bolts. Oh wait, I was thinking of somewhere else. Same applies here though. ;)

Edit: They may ask some Black Belles questions though. I am not sure how much I know about them. I guess its good I wont be in line for this one.
Damnit! My UK contact isn't a TMR guy. :(
...words to live by.
imo, it's all a result of the modern record collectors association with commodity fetishism~dcmak5
sandmaniac3
Little Acorn

Post by sandmaniac3 »

mojoryan wrote:
sandmaniac3 wrote:Better study up! I bet the questions will be fairly rudimentary. They just want to make sure people don't show up with 3 friends who know nothing about TMR and walk away with 4 Lightning Bolts. Oh wait, I was thinking of somewhere else. Same applies here though. ;)

Damnit! My UK contact isn't a TMR guy. :(
We should create a TMR for Dummies book. It would be good for the people just getting into collecting. And we can sell it for outrageous sums to the flippers who are going to find a way to get the merch anyway. Gotta bleed those flippers somehow.
Has everything you said today been true?
hxcoliver
Little Acorn

Post by hxcoliver »

you think they are BARELY going to insert the tri color into mail order? they hadn't mentioned it before and i've yet to see anyone get one....
jamesmonzon1
Little Acorn

Post by jamesmonzon1 »

Someone in the LR already got one, and if I'm not mistaken, there's a vid up on youtube of one being spun. I just hope people won't put these at nosebleed prices in hopes to ride off the JW momentum.
"There's nothing as reverential as putting on a vinyl album and manually flipping it. You can't fast-forward. You can't pause. More than likely, you are going to let the whole thing play."-Jack White III
destijl
Little Acorn

Post by destijl »

hxcoliver wrote:you think they are BARELY going to insert the tri color into mail order? they hadn't mentioned it before and i've yet to see anyone get one....
I've won the TMR lottery twice, so it does happen. Sagan and Smoke Fairies. But back then it was better odds
•<Jack White> we also want to come up with vault packages you don't like, a streaming service to make rich people richer, a t shirt
too big for you, and a bunch of shit you don't want but we're hold ing a gun to your head to purchase.
hxcoliver
Little Acorn

Post by hxcoliver »

jamesmonzon1 wrote:Someone in the LR already got one, and if I'm not mistaken, there's a vid up on youtube of one being spun. I just hope people won't put these at nosebleed prices in hopes to ride off the JW momentum.
aaahhhh i see. just thought/assumed no one had gotten a tri yet, since i hadn't seen anything about it.
i have yet to ever win the lottery....
mojoryan
Little People

Post by mojoryan »

destijl wrote:
hxcoliver wrote:you think they are BARELY going to insert the tri color into mail order? they hadn't mentioned it before and i've yet to see anyone get one....
I've won the TMR lottery twice, so it does happen. Sagan and Smoke Fairies. But back then it was better odds
...wait...you won the lottery with the Sagan? (should we even allow this guy on here?! ;) )
...words to live by.
grumblestiltskin
Little Ghost

Post by grumblestiltskin »

I'm definitely going to regret this in the short run, since these things never come to the UK, but in the long term I am thinking that actually I shall benefit.

HEAR ME O YE GODS OF VINYL!
I SHALL NOT MAKE THE PILGRIMAGE TO YOUR HOUSE OF WORSHIP KNOWN AS ROUGH TRADE TO QUEUE FOR HOURS FOR THE OPPORTUNITY TO PURCHASE A THREE-COLOURED RECORD. YES, IT LOOKS COOL, BUT IS OF LITTLE PRACTICAL BENEFIT TO ME ASIDE FROM ££££££££. I CHOOSE TO BE CONTENT WITH ITS MONOTONE BRETHREN.
AMEN

And if that makes no sense to you, it's because I'm still drunk.

And now I'm back to bed. Point is I don't need no coloured vinyl to make me happy; I just need the black stuff with good music on it.
Patient B1003
Tarka the otter
Little Bird

Post by Tarka the otter »

In Brighton.first in que.gotta make these journeys.they dont release these in the uk much.
mojoryan
Little People

Post by mojoryan »

grumblestiltskin wrote:I'm definitely going to regret this in the short run, since these things never come to the UK, but in the long term I am thinking that actually I shall benefit.

HEAR ME O YE GODS OF VINYL!
I SHALL NOT MAKE THE PILGRIMAGE TO YOUR HOUSE OF WORSHIP KNOWN AS ROUGH TRADE TO QUEUE FOR HOURS FOR THE OPPORTUNITY TO PURCHASE A THREE-COLOURED RECORD. YES, IT LOOKS COOL, BUT IS OF LITTLE PRACTICAL BENEFIT TO ME ASIDE FROM ££££££££. I CHOOSE TO BE CONTENT WITH ITS MONOCROME BRETHREN.
AMEN

And if that makes no sense to you, it's because I'm still drunk.

And now I'm back to bed. Point is I don't need no coloured vinyl to make me happy; I just need the black stuff with good music on it.
werd.
...words to live by.