Karen Elson

campp009
Little Cream Soda

Re: Karen Elson

Post by campp009 »

candycaneboy03 wrote::shock: Phil, i'm lookin at you!
Yes, I'll be there. See you soon!
mkuborn
Little Ghost

Post by mkuborn »

Awh, Phil is coming... i'm out.
campp009
Little Cream Soda

Post by campp009 »

mkuborn wrote:Awh, Phil is coming... i'm out.
Easy there! You get a new Bizarro icon and you think you can push me around.
mkuborn
Little Ghost

Post by mkuborn »

hahaha i kid, i kid, see you soon buddy. $5 tall cans of pbr, get exciiiiitteeedd.
Oh and you guys will prob only ever see me in my vault shirt... swear i own others.
mkuborn
Little Ghost

Post by mkuborn »

Show at spaceland last night was amazing. Karen and the band rocked it. I dont have my peach record yet and didn't look too closely at my 45 but i had no idea Rachelle Garniez and Mark Watrous were in her band! haha I also didn't expect her to be such a good guitar player but she was great, the second guitar player was not playing her cords at all but his own lead riffs which speaks volumes. Plus you add those other two in with the Belle's bass girl and it is just beautiful. She closed with an acoustic version of Stolen Roses by herself then the band came out and they played Season of the Witch. Also covered Wanda's Funnel of Love. There is something about her and rachelle's voices combined that makes them greater than the sum. I was blown away, far exceeded expectations. She is so mousey and adorably shy on stage but then just projects and belts out tunes. Opening band blew, the local NPR(kcrw) promoted show drew the WORST bunch of LA douches i have seen at Spaceland in a while, i screamed at some people to shut the fuck up as they were talking so loudly in the middle of a song to the point it was grossly disturbing... so much talking during songs which is odd as her response was great, huge applause and feedback so i dont get half the crowd talking over her set. I wanted to knife people. Otherwise a very pleasurable show. Saw Phil, always a pleasure. Oh, also she has a nice Slater tour poster, $30 and not specific to any date, just the tour.
campp009
Little Cream Soda

Post by campp009 »

shteev
Little Ghost

Post by shteev »

nice! you grab that from the show?
I could be wronga,,,I could be rright.
campp009
Little Cream Soda

Post by campp009 »

mkuborn wrote:...i screamed at some people to shut the fuck up as they were talking so loudly in the middle of a song to the point it was grossly disturbing... so much talking during songs which is odd as her response was great, huge applause and feedback so i dont get half the crowd talking over her set. I wanted to knife people. Otherwise a very pleasurable show. Saw Phil, always a pleasure. Oh, also she has a nice Slater tour poster, $30 and not specific to any date, just the tour.

That yell did sound familiar...
campp009
Little Cream Soda

Post by campp009 »

shteev wrote:nice! you grab that from the show?

Yup
candycaneboy03
Little Ghost

Post by candycaneboy03 »

nice avatar phil, which one are you?..... ;) i kid...

just saw this one the yahoo front page headlines article stream thing....this is quite some advertisement for her music side of things...and maybe a temp rise in cost of her tri and peach...
http://new.music.yahoo.com/programs/the ... aren-elson
"Love, Peace And Hair Grease"
mkuborn
Little Ghost

Post by mkuborn »

campp009 wrote:
shteev wrote:nice! you grab that from the show?

Yup
You douche, nice snag. haha i meant to grab one of the promos w/spaceland on it in the front hallway but completely spaced on the way out.
mkuborn
Little Ghost

Post by mkuborn »

campp009 wrote:
mkuborn wrote:...i screamed at some people to shut the fuck up as they were talking so loudly in the middle of a song to the point it was grossly disturbing... so much talking during songs which is odd as her response was great, huge applause and feedback so i dont get half the crowd talking over her set. I wanted to knife people. Otherwise a very pleasurable show. Saw Phil, always a pleasure. Oh, also she has a nice Slater tour poster, $30 and not specific to any date, just the tour.

That yell did sound familiar...
Did you not agree it was a little out of control and rude... i mean most of those people paid $15 to see a somewhat nobody, why fucking sit and talk to your friends the entire time, shut the fuck up and have some respect... god damn kcrw...
7th_son
Fate Accelerator

Post by 7th_son »

mkuborn wrote:Oh, also she has a nice Slater tour poster, $30 and not specific to any date, just the tour.
Pic of the Slater kicking around?
mkuborn
Little Ghost

Post by mkuborn »

Negative
hawke000

Post by hawke000 »

Went to the show tonight at the El Mocambo in Toronto, Lovely show, Karen was wonderful. There might be something really different about that venue cause for whatever reason all the crazy people came out. On top of that THEY ALL WANTED TO TALK TO ME. I had my vault shirt on, just in case I saw some people or they saw me and wanted to chat (Still on a meeting vaulters spree from the Vault weekend).

Got there an hour early and chatted quickly with some girls from *dun dun dun* Littleroom. They asked me if I got early entry and if I got my vault package yet (haha). I said no and no. Went in bought some merch and a really nice poster by Mr.Todd Slater which I was pretty happy about. We both sat down and listened to the first band, then Karen was up. We shuttled to the front and waited for a good 40 min for everything to set up etc. etc.

Then came in the crazies... People shoving up front Screaming and they were high as hell. I'm pretty sure most of them were on E based on what they were doing / How they were acting. They were loud and obnoxious and eventually Karen came out sweet as ever and started to play. Of course all the high people needed her attention and started screaming out random things. She was very polite and smiled and responded back every couple of comments.

It wasn't until the loudest fattest Mother there came up in the middle of a song... He looked at me, howled at Karen then started talking so loud it literally drowned out the music. What did that asshole start yammering about? My fucking Vault T-shirt and how Jealous he was he didn't have one.

"THIRD MAN FAN YEAH! MAN I'M SO JEALOUS YOU HAVE A T-SHIRT... HEY HOW ABOUT THAT KAREN SHES SO FUCKING HOT! YOU LIKE RACHELLE?"

I kinda nodded smiled and put my fingers to my lips to be polite, but no, he kept on and on. Finally I leaned over and told him people were trying to enjoy the show. At an instrumental part of the song Karen kinda stops strumming a little bit looks at ME and says.

"I'm going to keep singing until you be quiet."

Fuck my life. Right after that the dude dissapears, then comes back for Ghost Who walks, Ruins that song too. I felt like the biggest asshole and I didn't even do anything! When this all happened I was literally 3 feet in front of Karen. It was the stage, My girlfriend and then me behind her. I could probably extend my arm and shake Karen's hand without much effort. The show ends and Karen signs a couple of autographs and heads off stage quickly. I brought my Peach and Tri Colour just in case I could snag a signature from her, but after that incident happened I just wanted to walk away with my tail between my legs.

My Girlfriend wants to get out of there so we leave and see Karen's tour bus. My Girlfriend suggests that we stick by it to see if she will come out. Already feeling like an asshole and now feeling Like a stalker, I thought why not it will take a second and I enjoyed the show so much it would be really nice to say hello and thank you.

Sure enough here she comes body guards and all. I wave from down the way and say hello, She waves back and says the same, I ask if she can sign my record and she says "Sure." With a very lovely deminer she tells me my pen doesn't work (fuck). As shes scribbling away I let her know it's a Peach (I guess so she knows I'm not that big of an idiot?) the pen finally works and I say thank you and head off, I look back and here comes the mob asking for pictures.... She was 2 feet away from the bus door.

Fuck My Life.

I've never felt so embarrassed in my life especially with someone you really look up to as an artist. Yeah I may sound over dramatic / Sensitive but I take this very seriously. What I'm giving you is the short version. All in all I got the signature and said hello but at what expense? Every time I look at it the signature I feel like an asshole.

The Signature:

Will post some more pics in a bit.
PeachSignWideRE222222.jpg
KarenSignCERE222222.jpg