Third Man Owes Neil Yee from the Gold Dollar $$ (Vault 13)

mojoryan
Little People

Re: Third Man Owes Neil Yee from the Gold Dollar $$ (Vault 1

Post by mojoryan »

DBCooper wrote:
NotACollector wrote:

3) Did Ben Blackwell record any other shows at the Gold Dollar? Well... In case you haven't figured it out... despite the implication in the film, Ben did not record any shows at the Gold Dollar. Ben's only "involvement" at the Gold Dollar was that we sometimes let him in to shows because he was related to the talent.
so you let underage people into a bar in the state of Michigan? pretty sure that's illegal too. unless these shows were before 9pm.
Not sure about MI, but in many states it's at the discretion of the bar owner, and in Ohio, if the child is accompanied by parent/family member, they can certainly come in. The bar owner can still be a dick, and turn you (and your child) away, because they know the hassle one would have to go through in order to enforce it isn't something many people would do. I've taken my son with me to a bar to see bands many times.
"I might not be perfect but I'm me to the bone"~ Seasick Steve
...words to live by.
"This steepen guy grinds my gears."~stl_ben
imo, it's all a result of the modern record collectors association with commodity fetishism~dcmak5
DBCooper
Little Acorn

Post by DBCooper »

I was just trying to be funny. It is illegal in MI though.
That can go now.
gddetroit
Little Bird

Post by gddetroit »

Funny to see this. A friend happened to do a search on my name and sent me the link to this discussion.

A couple of notes:

I had not been trying to see these recordings to Third Man or to anyone. They contacted me about purchase (again) just prior to announcing vault 13, maybe realizing that their legal right to release was questionable? I found out about the release the same way I found out about this discussion - a friend sent me the link. Would have been nice for them to tell me first - or during negotiations? Not helpful in building trust. Ah well...

Oh, and as for the 50k per show that someone here suggested as reasonable? Wow, that sounds really high to me! I'd never ask that much. The initial offer I was given by TMR was a total of $1000 for all shows. $100 per show. I found this rather offensive. My guess is that anyone here would feel the same? Again, it did not help build any level of trust - one of the reasons I would rather give away the recordings than sell them to TMR.

Anyway, I do hope vault 13 was enjoyed - and hope something can eventually be done with the other recordings I made.

-Neil
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

Bump for the late approval of the above post.
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
Jettkoral
Little People

Post by Jettkoral »

$100 a show, jeez. Yeah, that's rather offensive.
Bikedo
Little Ghost

Post by Bikedo »

Good to have Neil chime in.
I'd like to sleep 100 days, my feeling has gone, flesh cold and numb.
kalv04
Little Acorn

Post by kalv04 »

gddetroit wrote:Funny to see this. A friend happened to do a search on my name and sent me the link to this discussion.

A couple of notes:

I had not been trying to see these recordings to Third Man or to anyone. They contacted me about purchase (again) just prior to announcing vault 13, maybe realizing that their legal right to release was questionable? I found out about the release the same way I found out about this discussion - a friend sent me the link. Would have been nice for them to tell me first - or during negotiations? Not helpful in building trust. Ah well...

Oh, and as for the 50k per show that someone here suggested as reasonable? Wow, that sounds really high to me! I'd never ask that much. The initial offer I was given by TMR was a total of $1000 for all shows. $100 per show. I found this rather offensive. My guess is that anyone here would feel the same? Again, it did not help build any level of trust - one of the reasons I would rather give away the recordings than sell them to TMR.

Anyway, I do hope vault 13 was enjoyed - and hope something can eventually be done with the other recordings I made.

-Neil
I'll take them. Give them to me please!
"Bye Snookums!" -nickboat
hsp88
Little Ghost

Post by hsp88 »

kalv04 wrote:
gddetroit wrote:Funny to see this. A friend happened to do a search on my name and sent me the link to this discussion.

A couple of notes:

-Neil
you should share them then, your audience is right here.
Melon
Little Ghost

Post by Melon »

hsp88 wrote:
kalv04 wrote:

A couple of notes:

-Neil
i wouldn't mind hearing them
houses are full of things that gather dust
mojoryan
Little People

Post by mojoryan »

Melon wrote:
hsp88 wrote:
kalv04 wrote:

A couple of notes:

-Neil
i wouldn't mind hearing them
He has a point. Hopefully you don't take our enthusiasm insulting (unlike the $1000 offered by TMR)-if they were here, it would be rather hard for anyone else to profit off what is rightfully yours. Don't get me wrong, I love TMR for what they are, have done (mostly), and continue to do, but everyone is subject to fucking up, and it sounds like this is one of those instances.
"I might not be perfect but I'm me to the bone"~ Seasick Steve
...words to live by.
"This steepen guy grinds my gears."~stl_ben
imo, it's all a result of the modern record collectors association with commodity fetishism~dcmak5
Datch
Little Acorn

Post by Datch »

With the new vault coming up, what's the deal now? Did they buy the others now? Does this mean the series will be 10 parts in total?
“More people know a fragment of his music than know his name.”
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

A couple of notes:

-Neil

I hope both parties came to a mutual agreement ? ! ?

Good luck to you Neil !
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

This was covered in the Vault 26 thread, apparently not very well.
rsimms3 wrote:To revisit an old topic related to GD releases....

http://www.golddollar.com/oldbar/index.html
NEWS - July 2015: An agreement has been reached with TMR, so look forward to some future releases!!
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Datch
Little Acorn

Post by Datch »

rsimms3 wrote:This was covered in the Vault 26 thread apparently not very well.

NEWS - July 2015: An agreement has been reached with TMR, so look forward to some future releases!!

Aah thanks. Good to hear they have an agreement. So we can guess now that there will be 10 parts?
“More people know a fragment of his music than know his name.”
koala
Little Acorn

Post by koala »

Datch wrote:
rsimms3 wrote:This was covered in the Vault 26 thread apparently not very well.

Aah thanks. Good to hear they have an agreement. So we can guess now that there will be 10 parts?
Also already covered: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=11805