Vault #19

gdm
Little Acorn

Re: Vault #19

Post by gdm »

arewhyehen wrote:
Dr.Zissou wrote:T in NYC, I got mine in the mail on Friday. About 9 days after I got my shipment notification. The box is sweet.
Still waiting to get mine in the mail (R in Canada)
Anyone in Canada get theirs yet? I think it's been about 3 weeks since I got my shipping notification and unfortunately we don't get tracking.
I have had mine for over 2 weeks. :shock:
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

gdm wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:
Dr.Zissou wrote:T in NYC, I got mine in the mail on Friday. About 9 days after I got my shipment notification. The box is sweet.
Anyone in Canada get theirs yet? I think it's been about 3 weeks since I got my shipping notification and unfortunately we don't get tracking.
I have had mine for over 2 weeks. :shock:
Figures.... My brother in law messaged me awhile back and said he got his, but I assumed after all this time of waiting he just meant his shipping notification. I haven't talked to him since and he's said nothing about the poor quality like a bunch of others have so I've been patiently waiting this whole time.

I will give it another week or so to make sure, but if not, this will be the third time they haven't shipped one of my vaults, or it just got lost. This will also be probably about 6 or 7 vaults in a row now that I have had problems with..
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

This will also be probably about 6 or 7 vaults in a row now that I have had problems with..[
Damn, that sucks ... I'm in the same boat. May bail out ... Or just get what I really, really want and hope for the best. It sucks. I have them all up to now.

I was so glad to see the better shipping boxes, now we just need thicker, non warping vinyl !!! Make the stuff in black vinyl if you need to. I don't care what color it is if it's thin as a piece of paper.
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Alabama Woody wrote:
This will also be probably about 6 or 7 vaults in a row now that I have had problems with..[
Damn, that sucks ... I'm in the same boat. May bail out ... Or just get what I really, really want and hope for the best. It sucks. I have them all up to now.

I was so glad to see the better shipping boxes, now we just need thicker, non warping vinyl !!! Make the stuff in black vinyl if you need to. I don't care what color it is if it's thin as a piece of paper.
Yup, all of my early vaults came with some pretty bad seam splits and corner dings, so I came to accept those things because they don't affect play. I never sent anything like that back. I am not that picky. It just got really bad when they started going missing or not shipping at all. Pretty much all of them show up warped as well but there have been a few I've sent back that are so bad that the side of my cartridge scraps the vinyl as it spins. Now I guess we are back to a missing one or not shipped one... :roll:

I agree with the colour thing though. The finished product never turns out as nice as the photo shopped pictures, so I would rather have a heavy black pressing to maybe reduce the amount of warped records I get from them
Coma16
Little Cream Soda

Post by Coma16 »

arewhyehen wrote:
I live in Toronto and my shipping notifications include tracking. You may want to re-check yours. Good luck!
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Coma16 wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:
I live in Toronto and my shipping notifications include tracking. You may want to re-check yours. Good luck!
#$%$# me! I just checked my tracking number. For I think the first time ever, it actually worked. It says it was delivered on April 10th. I find that really weird, because my mail man needs to call me to get into the building and I didn't get any call from him that day. Even more weird, it was delivered and I wasn't even home that day. I was in South Carolina for 5 days. He must be really good...
I am going to have a great time trying to sort this bullcrap out with Third Man...
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Must be busy over there....still no response on my missing vault.. :thumbdown:
runofthemill
Little Ghost

Post by runofthemill »

Ha - I haven't even gotten a shipping notification yet. Wonder what letter they're on now anyway?
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

I think the last I saw, they were up to P. Maybe R?
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
curseofhalos

Post by curseofhalos »

runofthemill wrote:Ha - I haven't even gotten a shipping notification yet. Wonder what letter they're on now anyway?

Well, I'm N in Nashville. Got my notification on April 30th. Still haven't gotten my package and the tracking number doesn't say anything but that the electronic info has been received. I just sent an message. I didn't want to, but wanted to make sure it wasn't lost or misplaced at TMR. :?
woodisgood
Little Ghost

Post by woodisgood »

I usually get my Vaults in a fairly timely manor. Is it my imagination or is 19 taking a particularly long time to get to people?
"I'd wish you happiness, but I know it'd be detrimental to your art."
Getbacktogether
Little Acorn

Post by Getbacktogether »

woodisgood wrote:I usually get my Vaults in a fairly timely manor. Is it my imagination or is 19 taking a particularly long time to get to people?
Yeah because there trying to push out those desert gold boxes in a timely fashion. You know so people don't have to wait a year...
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

curseofhalos wrote:
runofthemill wrote:Ha - I haven't even gotten a shipping notification yet. Wonder what letter they're on now anyway?

Well, I'm N in Nashville. Got my notification on April 30th. Still haven't gotten my package and the tracking number doesn't say anything but that the electronic info has been received. I just sent an message. I didn't want to, but wanted to make sure it wasn't lost or misplaced at TMR. :?
Ya, I know this time it's not TMR's fault but I am getting really sick of all the issues I have been having. I have been getting the past few vaults a few months after everyone else because I have had TWICE where they sent me a shipping notification but for some reason just never sent out the package (maybe that's why I thought the tracking never worked) and then I think 3 or 4 times now I have had to send the vinyl back because they were so badly warped that my cartridge scraped the vinyl when waving up and down.

Now this time my package has gone missing and it says it was delivered to my house. Not sure how TMR will handle this one. I even emailed them photos of my tickets to prove I was out of the country on the date it says it was delivered to my house. I feel like my mailman left it at my door and after 5 days of it sitting there, someone finally decided to steal it. I am sure as hell not paying for a new one though. I already overpaid the $80 Canadian for it in the first place...
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

arewhyehen wrote:
curseofhalos wrote:

Ya, I know this time it's not TMR's fault but I am getting really sick of all the issues I have been having. I have been getting the past few vaults a few months after everyone else because I have had TWICE where they sent me a shipping notification but for some reason just never sent out the package (maybe that's why I thought the tracking never worked) and then I think 3 or 4 times now I have had to send the vinyl back because they were so badly warped that my cartridge scraped the vinyl when waving up and down.

Now this time my package has gone missing and it says it was delivered to my house. Not sure how TMR will handle this one. I even emailed them photos of my tickets to prove I was out of the country on the date it says it was delivered to my house. I feel like my mailman left it at my door and after 5 days of it sitting there, someone finally decided to steal it. I am sure as hell not paying for a new one though. I already overpaid the $80 Canadian for it in the first place...
Sounds like you've replaced drdano on the Cursed Vault Delivery list.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

^ ^ I am not sure what issues he has had, but I would probably give him a run for his money. This is just about 6 or 7 in a row...there were issues with other ones in the past as well..