Vault #19

Jettkoral
Little People

Vault #19

Post by Jettkoral »

Vault Package #19

Posted by Third Man

Do you like the White Stripes? Do you like experiments? Do you like the Vault? Do you like combining all three? We do. For our 19th installment of the Vault, we're doing something we've never done before. Something that Vault members have been clamoring for…the exclusive, limited, colored vinyl edition of a record. As you probably know, TMR tries to release a limited version of every record we do. That limited edition is usually available only at certain locations or stores, while the black vinyl version is kept in print forever.

This package will consist of limited colored vinyl pressings of all of the White Stripes singles from their album Elephant. These include…

"Seven Nation Army"

"I Just Don't Know What to Do With Myself"

"The Hardest Button to Button"

"There's No Home For You Here"

The b-sides consist of covers of some of Detroit's most pre-eminent artists in 2003…

"Good to Me" written by Brendan Benson and Jason Falkner and originally released on Benson's 2002 album Lapalco.

"Who's to Say…" written by Dan Miller and released by his outfit Blanche in 2003 on their album If We Can't Trust the Doctors…

"St. Ides of March" written by the Soledad Brothers and released on their self-titled album of 2000.

As well as a White Stripes live medley of "I Fought Piranhas / Let's Build a Home" recorded at the legendary Electric Lady Studios in New York.

Each of these tracks has been remastered from the original analog sources, and in the case of "…March" and "Piranhas" where there were no analog masters, we used only the finest digital files that could withstand sitting unused on a hard drive for over ten years.

The artwork on all the singles has been tidied up, spell-checked and given that special Third Man "je ne sais quoi"

"There's No Home For You Here", which was originally coupled with a generic company sleeve, now has stunning new artwork. It looks electrifying!

And these sleeves FEEL amazing. Employing a process called (we're not making this up) "soft touch aqueous coating" each of these glue-pocket sleeves feels like a hybrid between rubber and lambskin. It's difficult to describe, but immediately noticeable and amazing in person. Each record will be pressed on clear vinyl with with an added vinyl highlight color insertion of either red, black or white. For "There's No Home…" all three of those colors will be added to clear vinyl, to make something truly exciting. All of this will be housed in a custom-made telescoping box, so that these singles can forever live together with distinction in your record collection. Later in 2014 each of the singles will be available individually, on black vinyl, with no box, to the general public.
Last edited by Jettkoral on Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.
JonnyH
Little Ghost

Re: VAULT PACKAGE 19

Post by JonnyH »

OH FUCK YES!
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

Vault Package #19

Posted by Third Man

Do you like the White Stripes? Do you like experiments? Do you like the Vault? Do you like combining all three? We do. For our 19th installment of the Vault, we're doing something we've never done before. Something that Vault members have been clamoring for…the exclusive, limited, colored vinyl edition of a record. As you probably know, TMR tries to release a limited version of every record we do. That limited edition is usually available only at certain locations or stores, while the black vinyl version is kept in print forever.

This package will consist of limited colored vinyl pressings of all of the White Stripes singles from their album Elephant. These include…

"Seven Nation Army"

"I Just Don't Know What to Do With Myself"

"The Hardest Button to Button"

"There's No Home For You Here"

The b-sides consist of covers of some of Detroit's most pre-eminent artists in 2003…

"Good to Me" written by Brendan Benson and Jason Falkner and originally released on Benson's 2002 album Lapalco.

"Who's to Say…" written by Dan Miller and released by his outfit Blanche in 2003 on their album If We Can't Trust the Doctors…

"St. Ides of March" written by the Soledad Brothers and released on their self-titled album of 2000.

As well as a White Stripes live medley of "I Fought Piranhas / Let's Build a Home" recorded at the legendary Electric Lady Studios in New York.

Each of these tracks has been remastered from the original analog sources, and in the case of "…March" and "Piranhas" where there were no analog masters, we used only the finest digital files that could withstand sitting unused on a hard drive for over ten years.

The artwork on all the singles has been tidied up, spell-checked and given that special Third Man "je ne sais quoi"

"There's No Home For You Here", which was originally coupled with a generic company sleeve, now has stunning new artwork. It looks electrifying!

And these sleeves FEEL amazing. Employing a process called (we're not making this up) "soft touch aqueous coating" each of these glue-pocket sleeves feels like a hybrid between rubber and lambskin. It's difficult to describe, but immediately noticeable and amazing in person. Each record will be pressed on clear vinyl with with an added vinyl highlight color insertion of either red, black or white. For "There's No Home…" all three of those colors will be added to clear vinyl, to make something truly exciting. All of this will be housed in a custom-made telescoping box, so that these singles can forever live together with distinction in your record collection. Later in 2014 each of the singles will be available individually, on black vinyl, with no box, to the general public.
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
JonnyH
Little Ghost

Post by JonnyH »

Thinking of buying extras for the boxes alone.
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

This is new and it is completely midblowing
Who said Vault was all about a 12",a 7"and something extra.
Who would have thought it wouldnt be that?

Well I love this idea!
FUCK YEAH!
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
avrate
Little Cream Soda

Post by avrate »

Vault's first real box set. Wonder how these look when they arrive.
"Teenage angst has paid off well, now I'm bored and old"
JonnyH
Little Ghost

Post by JonnyH »

What comes first: Vault boxes or Desert Gold boxes? :D
pj101ca
Little Acorn

Post by pj101ca »

Count me in motherfuckers!!!!!!
dreamover
Little Acorn

Re: VAULT #19

Post by dreamover »

WJAHT!?
<Jack White> alright i'm out to feed my cats
=====================================
http://bit.ly/dreamovertl <--- my vinyl list
http://www.dreamoverrecords.com
dmdv1
Little Ghost

Post by dmdv1 »

Beautiful
Never trust a hippy
Hans_ka
Little Acorn

Post by Hans_ka »

No one is disappointment in this? Why do they waste a Vault on something they easily could release on a RSD? No LP? No extra item? 4 singles?
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

I love that they are all singles. What do we most complain about? The beautiful LP's they post in photos and we buy them all up and then they come in totally different. Whether it be the inverted bolt or the last vault LP's.....they always seem to disappoint but one thing that almost always turns out well is the singles. Hope these turn out nice.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Hans_ka wrote:No one is disappointment in this? Why do they waste a Vault on something they easily could release on a RSD? No LP? No extra item? 4 singles?
I kinda think this was meant for last Black Friday. I think Blackwell alluded to this in one of the Vault Chats. I'll see if I can find it.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Jettkoral
Little People

Post by Jettkoral »

Don't know how I feel about this one yet.
EDIT- THIS IS BRILLIANT
dreamover
Little Acorn

Post by dreamover »

I think this is pretty cool. A nice change of pace for the vault. I just hope they go back to double LPs and 7"s. But these come out to $15/each with a free box and shipping... which isn't great, but normal for limited TMR records. I also assume that these will be the least-limited, limited white stripes singles. The box is cool. I just wish there was room to fit my WS tris and stuff.
<Jack White> alright i'm out to feed my cats
=====================================
http://bit.ly/dreamovertl <--- my vinyl list
http://www.dreamoverrecords.com