Vault #19 (Pre-Announcement Discussion)

Jettkoral
Little People

Re: Vault #19 (Pre-Announcement Discussion)

Post by Jettkoral »

rsimms3 wrote:It's a moot point, but I'm not interested in any more books, DVDs, or gimmicks for a while. A nice slipmat would be a good item.
Yeah, I agree 100%. I only watch the DVDs once (when I get them) and only browse through the books. I would like an extra 7".
Hans_ka
Little Acorn

Post by Hans_ka »

If its White Stripes, Ill take a dvd every time.
Dr.Zissou
Little Acorn

Post by Dr.Zissou »

How about a 12" B-sides record (white stripes again?), with better, nicer packaging. The last vault 18 packaging was awful. The live rac's in london packaging and presentation blows away the live at the Ryman Auditorium packaging. Then a 10" and a 7" would be awesome instead of DVD's and a photo book. I also like the t-shirts if that ever happens again.
chrono_1980
Little Ghost

Post by chrono_1980 »

Hans_ka wrote:If its White Stripes, Ill take a dvd every time.
+1

or a Dead Weather set with both Horehound and SoC songs?
2crazikids
Little Acorn

Post by 2crazikids »

Hans_ka wrote:If its White Stripes, Ill take a dvd every time.
+1
luccamezz
Little Cream Soda

Post by luccamezz »

Dr.Zissou wrote:How about a 12" B-sides record (white stripes again?), with better, nicer packaging. Then a 10" and a 7" would be awesome instead of DVD's and a photo book. I also like the t-shirts if that ever happens again.
+100
Also, do they still have the t-shirt size info on the vault account?
A Woman is more powerful than a man and this I know, and I think that you know this too.
Jamie
Little Ghost

Post by Jamie »

It's been a long time since a T shirt was included, and even longer since one that was actually nice. (Vault #1)
Jamie
Little Ghost

Post by Jamie »

Dr.Zissou wrote:How about a 12" B-sides record (white stripes again?), with better, nicer packaging.
If they retry a B sides LP I'd much prefer them to focus on better, nicer sound quality before they even think about the packaging or vinyl colour.
Mick III
Little Acorn

Post by Mick III »

I'm not a big fan of T-shirt. Sizes in US aren't the same that Europe, so ... I don't want to be disappointed with that.
An item which look like stylophone will be fun, but it's maybe too expensive and too difficult for shipping.
JonnyH
Little Ghost

Post by JonnyH »

Dr.Zissou wrote:How about a 12" B-sides record (white stripes again?), with better, nicer packaging. The last vault 18 packaging was awful. The live rac's in london packaging and presentation blows away the live at the Ryman Auditorium packaging. Then a 10" and a 7" would be awesome instead of DVD's and a photo book. I also like the t-shirts if that ever happens again.
I think the B-Sides might be my favorite Vault LP packaging yet. The notes are killer.
cwja
Little Ghost

Post by cwja »

Dream package for me would be a 45 rpm or mono Horehound, new DW 7" and a DW slipmat.
Dr.Zissou
Little Acorn

Post by Dr.Zissou »

Jamie wrote:It's been a long time since a T shirt was included, and even longer since one that was actually nice. (Vault #1)
Not a fan of #6 t-shirt/ baseball t? That's my personal favorite.
Fanldor III
Little Bird

Post by Fanldor III »

Dr.Zissou wrote:
Jamie wrote:It's been a long time since a T shirt was included, and even longer since one that was actually nice. (Vault #1)
+10000
grumblestiltskin
Little Ghost

Post by grumblestiltskin »

Just got an email telling me I've paid for this vault pack...renewal date was way earlier than I remembered! Nevermind, I have such terrible FOMO that I'd have bought whatever it is anyway, even if the LP were just an hour long recording of Jack's guitar feeding back on itself.
Patient B1003
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Fanldor III wrote:
Dr.Zissou wrote:
+10000
I wear that baseball t-shirt all the time and get comments about how cool it is, even from people who don't know what it symbolizes. I love that shirt.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."