Vault #19 (Pre-Announcement Discussion)

Mick III
Little Acorn

Re: Vault #19 (Pre-Announcement Discussion)

Post by Mick III »

Maybe today ? It will be a nice gift for the new year.
luccamezz
Little Cream Soda

Post by luccamezz »

Maybe tomorrow, but I'm betting on Monday
A Woman is more powerful than a man and this I know, and I think that you know this too.
2crazikids
Little Acorn

Post by 2crazikids »

I'm putting my vote in for JACK WHITE B SHOWS!! Specifically, all the ones I was at ;-)
jefftp
Little Cream Soda

Post by jefftp »

2crazikids wrote:I'm putting my vote in for JACK WHITE B SHOWS!! Specifically, all the ones I was at ;-)
+1. Only went to one but I think it could be an awesome package! For the 7" it could be the stuff Tom morello played after jacks B show at outside lands. And I know they had multiple Go Pros filming, maybe a B show DVD could be made?
"Ya well..you know that's just like uhh your opinion man"
The Dude
Jettkoral
Little People

Post by Jettkoral »

I want Gories, unreleased Stripes tunes or alt. takes, upholsterers, new Dead Weather and some outtakes from Sympathetic Sounds (if there are any), specifically Cobras.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

But why do something like the Gories on a Vault package? Why not more regular releases like the Shaw Tapes? Outtakes make sense, but if it's a reissue or a live show then it should be a regular release. Get that stuff out to the masses.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Jettkoral
Little People

Post by Jettkoral »

Kali Durga wrote:But why do something like the Gories on a Vault package? Why not more regular releases like the Shaw Tapes? Outtakes make sense, but if it's a reissue or a live show then it should be a regular release. Get that stuff out to the masses.
Because the Gories are great and I want more material.
Live show should be a regular release? Why didn't you say that for the past 8 or so packages? :)
Mick III
Little Acorn

Post by Mick III »

luccamezz wrote:Maybe tomorrow, but I'm betting on Monday
Yes, it was a dream today but monday will be nice too and more realistic.
2crazikids
Little Acorn

Post by 2crazikids »

jefftp wrote:
2crazikids wrote:I'm putting my vote in for JACK WHITE B SHOWS!! Specifically, all the ones I was at ;-)
+1. Only went to one but I think it could be an awesome package! For the 7" it could be the stuff Tom morello played after jacks B show at outside lands. And I know they had multiple Go Pros filming, maybe a B show DVD could be made?
So I wasn't hallucinating... Jo did set up multiple video cameras on all the stage set ups? amiright?
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

I only saw her with those video cameras at a few shows.

Jettkoral wrote:
Kali Durga wrote:But why do something like the Gories on a Vault package? Why not more regular releases like the Shaw Tapes? Outtakes make sense, but if it's a reissue or a live show then it should be a regular release. Get that stuff out to the masses.
Because the Gories are great and I want more material.
Live show should be a regular release? Why didn't you say that for the past 8 or so packages? :)
Jack-related live shows, especially ones not easily found as bootlegs or as boots of questionable quality, are great Vault releases. Gories live shows should be a regular release. Didn't TMR say when they announced the Shaw Tapes that they're starting a new series of that sort?
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Jettkoral
Little People

Post by Jettkoral »

I could care less about live shows. They're boring and don't belong in the vault, IMO. I want unreleased studio music...
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

But how much unreleased studio material is there? And I can understand not wanting live shows in multiple packages in a row, but I think you might find yourself in the minority in thinking they're boring.
Jettkoral
Little People

Post by Jettkoral »

Kali Durga wrote:But how much unreleased studio material is there? And I can understand not wanting live shows in multiple packages in a row, but I think you might find yourself in the minority in thinking they're boring.
Boring having them in more than 3/4 of the Vault packages...yes
There has to be some studio stuff that's unheard.
Mick III
Little Acorn

Post by Mick III »

A B show will be really great. B-show from Jack White blunderbuss tour of course.
A new Dead Weather release or Upholsterers.
And a book, with pictures from blunderbuss records.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

It's a moot point, but I'm not interested in any more books, DVDs, or gimmicks for a while. A nice slipmat would be a good item.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom