Vault #19 (Pre-Announcement Discussion)

Bob_Roberts
Little Cream Soda

Re: Vault #19 (Pre-Announcement Discussion)

Post by Bob_Roberts »

Jettkoral wrote:
Bob_Roberts wrote:
woodisgood wrote:I fear for this coming package . . . I guess TMR is going to continue including a new double A-side DW 7" for the next couple Vaults, which to me are must-haves . . . but if the LP is Pokey, ugh—I don't want that. Love the Pokeymeister but I don't want a live LP of his . . .
+1

I was watching Blackwells Crate Diggers a couple of days ago - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbYUJUTtyhI

I would really dig a Blackwell/White curated 2 LP history of Detroit Rock up to the MC5.
Hmm, dunno about how I feel about MC5 on third man

Up to, but not including...which was how Blackwell described how he sorted his 45's
Mick III
Little Acorn

Post by Mick III »

woodisgood wrote:I fear for this coming package . . . I guess TMR is going to continue including a new double A-side DW 7" for the next couple Vaults, which to me are must-haves . . . but if the LP is Pokey, ugh—I don't want that. Love the Pokeymeister but I don't want a live LP of his . . .
I think like you.
It was on the VP 18 anoucement :
"The Dead Weather's plan is to record and release two-song sets until 2015 at which time they will release a full album that contains these singles plus many more album-only tracks. It's a unique long-term plan for new music from this incendiary group. The songs WILL be released digitally, but not until Vault packages have been dispatched to subscribers. The goal is that physical copies are out there first."
When i read that, i understand that there will be a 7"DW at each vault or once both. I'm afraid of that too, but i will pay, because songs that we received with VP18 are excellent.
grumblestiltskin
Little Ghost

Post by grumblestiltskin »

Assuming a dead weather 7" (which is a good thing, although it gets in the way of my perennial request for a JW surf covers 7"...seemed so possible at the time of Blunderbuss when Jack was busting out Nitro like a boss with the Buzzards) I'd still like a non-live 12". Inevitably Pokey will come out in the next few packs, and that'll be cool, but I love the totally unpredictable packs.
Patient B1003
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

grumblestiltskin wrote:...my perennial request for a JW surf covers 7"...
I will perennially second that wish. Vault, regular TMR release, whatever. Want.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Jamie
Little Ghost

Post by Jamie »

<ArminTamzarian> Is the 7" going to be Dead Weather for the next few packages?
<Ben Swank> @ArminTamzarian we'll release them as we get them.. can't guarantee it'll be every package
Jettkoral
Little People

Post by Jettkoral »

Jamie wrote:<ArminTamzarian> Is the 7" going to be Dead Weather for the next few packages?
<Ben Swank> @ArminTamzarian we'll release them as we get them.. can't guarantee it'll be every package
I hope there's one next package!
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Jettkoral wrote:
Jamie wrote:<ArminTamzarian> Is the 7" going to be Dead Weather for the next few packages?
I hope there's one next package!
+1
Jettkoral
Little People

Post by Jettkoral »

12"- Jack White Live In Detroit 2LP OR Jack White B Shows LP
7"- New DW 7"
Bonus- White Stripes "You're Right I'm Wrong" b/w another unreleased track 7" OR Jack White AMEX Unstaged DVD OR Dead Weather Slipmat (Art that ties in with the new singles)
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Jettkoral wrote:12"- Jack White Live In Detroit 2LP OR Jack White B Shows LP
7"- New DW 7"
Bonus- White Stripes "You're Right I'm Wrong" b/w another unreleased track 7" OR Jack White AMEX Unstaged DVD OR Dead Weather Slipmat (Art that ties in with the new singles)
I would really like a Jack B-Shows LP. Dead Weather 7" with new tracks would be great. Dead Weather slipmat would actually be great as well, or a live DVD of Jack's solo stuff would be ok too.

I still really want them to put out..

RSD 2013 live performances LP (Black and Blue). Karen Elson on one side and Mark Watrous on the other side.
6" single that was recorded in the booth by Neil Young while we were all there for RSD.
and let them get creative for the final item.
Jettkoral
Little People

Post by Jettkoral »

No thanks....not a KE fan.
luccamezz
Little Cream Soda

Post by luccamezz »

7"- New DW 7"
+1

I actually like the way they did the #18 package. Personally, I prefer 3 completely different items as said above, but a DVD of Jack's B Shows + B Shows LP + DW 7" is something that would make me really happy
A Woman is more powerful than a man and this I know, and I think that you know this too.
Mick III
Little Acorn

Post by Mick III »

7"- New DW 7"
The perfect vault package ! 8-)
Fanldor III
Little Bird

Post by Fanldor III »

Mick III wrote:
7"- New DW 7"
+1111111
shteev
Little Ghost

Post by shteev »

Fanldor III wrote:
Mick III wrote:
7"- New DW 7"
+1111111
This would be epic. When, roughly, should the announcement be made?
I could be wronga,,,I could be rright.
Fanldor III
Little Bird

Post by Fanldor III »

shteev wrote:
Fanldor III wrote:
Mick III wrote:
7"- New DW 7"
+1111111
This would be epic. When, roughly, should the announcement be made?
Hopefully first week of January.