Vault #19 (Pre-Announcement Discussion)

Fanldor III
Little Bird

Re: Vault #19 (Pre-Announcement Discussion)

Post by Fanldor III »

Cam said he will back to work on this Thursday. So...maybe today?
knoxvle
Little Acorn

Post by knoxvle »

Jamie wrote:It's been a long time since a T shirt was included, and even longer since one that was actually nice. (Vault #1)
Good point, no where on the new vault subscription does it give you a t-shirt size option
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

knoxvle wrote:
Jamie wrote:It's been a long time since a T shirt was included, and even longer since one that was actually nice. (Vault #1)
Good point, no where on the new vault subscription does it give you a t-shirt size option
It didn't? I thought it did but I guess I didn't pay much attention. I think it might be getting too expensive to include a t-shirt as the final extra. Who knows..
knoxvle
Little Acorn

Post by knoxvle »

arewhyehen wrote:
knoxvle wrote:
It didn't? I thought it did but I guess I didn't pay much attention. I think it might be getting too expensive to include a t-shirt as the final extra. Who knows..
I'm paying $70 a quarter, expensive my ass!
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Yes, but you've been paying $70 a quarter for the last few years, haven't you? Considering what the U.S. economy has gone through during those years, the prices of materials and production have probably steadily increased, as has postage. It's actually a bit surprising that TMR hasn't bumped up the price of the Platinum subscription yet.

That's probably also why they've begun to put double albums into single sleeves.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
knoxvle
Little Acorn

Post by knoxvle »

Kali Durga wrote:Yes, but you've been paying $70 a quarter for the last few years, haven't you? Considering what the U.S. economy has gone through during those years, the prices of materials and production have probably steadily increased, as has postage. It's actually a bit surprising that TMR hasn't bumped up the price of the Platinum subscription yet.

That's probably also why they've begun to put double albums into single sleeves.
Nope it was $60 then went to $70 when shipping went up.
But that's $70 US so almost $80 canadian,
c0rpe
Little Cream Soda

Post by c0rpe »

Kali Durga wrote:Yes, but you've been paying $70 a quarter for the last few years, haven't you? Considering what the U.S. economy has gone through during those years, the prices of materials and production have probably steadily increased, as has postage. It's actually a bit surprising that TMR hasn't bumped up the price of the Platinum subscription yet.

I don't know about all of you guys, but my subscription went up 5$ when the new system was launched. So, there's that.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

But wasn't the increase in international pricing due to the increase in postage at our good ol' USPS?
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
knoxvle
Little Acorn

Post by knoxvle »

Kali Durga wrote:But wasn't the increase in international pricing due to the increase in postage at our good ol' USPS?
Yup!
Suuuucks.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Yes, it does. So does the fact that it takes forever and a day to receive packages anymore and tracking info is erratically updated. USPS basically sux0rs in every way nowadays.
knoxvle
Little Acorn

Post by knoxvle »

Kali Durga wrote:Yes, it does. So does the fact that it takes forever and a day to receive packages anymore and tracking info is erratically updated. USPS basically sux0rs in every way nowadays.
It's funny, I Live 1 hour away from the US border.
Takes me 2 weeks to get a package from TMR when it's delivered to my house.
WHen I have it delivered to the border 3 days LMAO!
luccamezz
Little Cream Soda

Post by luccamezz »

Well, it's on the vault, guys!
I'm half excited and half extremely dissapointed. I waited long for this, but I don't think it's worth a whole package...
A Woman is more powerful than a man and this I know, and I think that you know this too.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Package has been announced, see this thread -
viewtopic.php?f=60&t=9775
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom