Vault #18 (Pre-Announcement Discussion)

Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Re: Vault #18 (Pre-Announcement Discussion)

Post by Kali Durga »

grumblestiltskin wrote:...If you ignore the 3rd singles comp, this could be the 10th live album in a row from the vault.

Looks like the only Vault lps that have not been live have been the three singles comps, Icky Mono, and the Greenhornes.
Last edited by Kali Durga on Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Getbacktogether
Little Acorn

Post by Getbacktogether »

grumblestiltskin wrote:I don't care who it is so long as it isn't live...If you ignore the 3rd singles comp, this could be the 10th live album in a row from the vault.
+1. I completely agree with you. Don't get me wrong i love live stuff but i really hope TMR switches things up for this release with a non live LP
Jamie
Little Ghost

Post by Jamie »

I'm ok with live stuff like the Bricks or Gold Dollar but I could happily see an end to all the new recordings of shows at Third Man. The Vault, to me, should release what the name implies - unheard recordings that have been locked away in storage, be it live or studio. Pokey is hardly "from the vault".
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

^^ I'm inclined to agree with that. All the WS live lps, Jack & the Bricks, the occasional special live shows like Racs in London or Jack's solo debut at TMR --even, to some degree, the Willie show--, those make sense to me as Vault releases. Wanda, Karen, and, if it's true, Pokey, really could be specially packaged regular store releases.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Melon
Little Ghost

Post by Melon »

this'll be announced around the beginning of October right?
houses are full of things that gather dust
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Deadline for this package is Oct. 31st, so yup.
Getbacktogether
Little Acorn

Post by Getbacktogether »

Although i love pokey i agree. I don't want to see pokey in a Vault. At least not yet. See i feel that The Shins live at TMR has more reason to be in the Vault than Pokey. I hope they just do a normal Pokey live release. But if it is a Vault o well at least i like pokey. Maybe it would come with his Record Booth Recording.
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

I really like the 12" to be strictly Jack White band/solo related.
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
Jettkoral
Little People

Post by Jettkoral »

I wouldn't like Pokey, but if for some reason it HAS to be him, hope 'You're Right, I'm Wrong' is in this.
hellosmith
Little Acorn

Post by hellosmith »

I really want a 12" full of alternate takes, unused songs, whatever ended up on the cutting room floor from the GBMS recordings. Please. That album is an incomprehensible miracle and hearing what went down between final takes would be amazing.
~༼✷ɷ✷༽~
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

^^ If there are such tracks, I would bet they'd save them to coincide with the reissue of that album. Which, by the way, I just can't wait two years for. I mean, of course I will wait, but I'll be whiny about it.
Freter
Little Acorn

Post by Freter »

Don't get me wrong, I would LOVE pokey to be a normal, run-of-the-mill, live at TMR. But there is a reason nobody was allowed to buy a black and blue after the pokey show. When asked about it, pokey said it was going to be a vault exclusive. I'm with you guys. It would be amazing if it was a normal release.
Jettkoral wrote:I wouldn't like Pokey, but if for some reason it HAS to be him, hope 'You're Right, I'm Wrong' is in this.
The best so has from that night weren't being recorded. "In The Jailhouse Now" "Drinking Whiskey Tonight" it was amazing.

Jettkoral wrote:
Freter wrote:
Stl_ben wrote:
Freter wrote:After the Melvin's was mastered and pressed so fast, I would bet Pokey is gonna be the next vault.
Doubt it / hope not.
Why don't you want it? (Not being rude/sincerely wondering).

It was on my list of best performances I've seen, ever.
Seems more like it's sentimental to you. Would be a good novelties store only release, as with black belles.
Ya, but that would mean I would have to buy a platinum subscription, which I promised never to do with out liking the package.
cmelo

Post by cmelo »

trickster wrote:I really like the 12" to be strictly Jack White band/solo related.
Me too.
Jettkoral
Little People

Post by Jettkoral »

cmelo wrote:
trickster wrote:I really like the 12" to be strictly Jack White band/solo related.
Me too.
runofthemill
Little Ghost

Post by runofthemill »

Jettkoral wrote:
cmelo wrote:
Me too.