Vault #17

Jamie
Little Ghost

Re: Vault #17

Post by Jamie »

I was surprised about LP1, in a good way. It looks gorgeous. LP2 is fine enough but I agree it's hard to see the etching, same goes for the 6".
littleacorn
Little Ghost

Post by littleacorn »

Kali Durga wrote:^^ Totally off-topic, I love the hell out of your signature line. I've seen the article or whatever that it's from, but can't remember what site it was in order to find it again. Do you by any chance have a link?

Oh, and apparently my package left my local post office this morning. Fingers crossed that it's got everything in it... Need to figure out where I can fit the Wardenclyffe sticker on my bike.
I don't have a link to it but I know it came from a Rolling Stone review of The Secret Sisters "Big River" 7"
'
"Jack White shreds like a man who met the devil at the crossroads and punched him in the nuts"
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

Kali Durga wrote:^^ Totally off-topic, I love the hell out of your signature line. I've seen the article or whatever that it's from, but can't remember what site it was in order to find it again. Do you by any chance have a link?

Oh, and apparently my package left my local post office this morning. Fingers crossed that it's got everything in it... Need to figure out where I can fit the Wardenclyffe sticker on my bike.
Still off topic, but:

Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Thanks! Definitely one of the best lines ever.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
profsteenmarter
Little Acorn

Post by profsteenmarter »

Got mine today, great package! Love it! But somehow there is a little piece of paper (not to big, but you can see it quite good) pressed in the second vinyl, on the groove side.. Doesn't really has an effect on the sound. it bugs me that i need to contact them again.. Don't wanna look like a difficult comstumer! Any advise about what i shoud do?
Melon
Little Ghost

Post by Melon »

profsteenmarter wrote:Got mine today, great package! Love it! But somehow there is a little piece of paper (not to big, but you can see it quite good) pressed in the second vinyl, on the groove side.. Doesn't really has an effect on the sound. it bugs me that i need to contact them again.. Don't wanna look like a difficult comstumer! Any advise about what i shoud do?
post a picture.. i'm curious what this looks like.

& i wouldn't worry about being a difficult consumer, sounds like you're being reasonable.
houses are full of things that gather dust
profsteenmarter
Little Acorn

Melon wrote: post a picture.. i'm curious what this looks like.

& i wouldn't worry about being a difficult consumer, sounds like you're being reasonable.
I'll try to post it tommorrow..
thirdmanfan3
Little Bird

Post by thirdmanfan3 »

2crazikids wrote:
woodisgood wrote:Playing record 1 for the first time . . . ugh . . . man, it's pretty off-center. The needle sure is swayin' back and forth . . . you can hear it. I think I've only asked for a replacement once before, think I need to do it for this one.

(Just flipped to side 2. It's not AS bad but not by much. Damnit . . . )

Is it just: cam@thirdmanrecords.com

?
I sent my email to vault@thirdmanrecords.com

But I don't know...
did they reply to you? cuz they havent to me yet :(
Birds of a feather may lay together, but the uglier one is always under the gun.
dreamover
Little Acorn

Post by dreamover »

my side D sounds like shit.
<Jack White> alright i'm out to feed my cats
=====================================
http://bit.ly/dreamovertl <--- my vinyl list
http://www.dreamoverrecords.com
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

dreamover wrote:my side D sounds like shit.
ya, my needle was all over the place
mojoryan
Little People

Post by mojoryan »

Got mine today. For a change, mine has NO issues so far (spinning side two as I type this...). Sound quality is absolutely fine on mine.

And damnit, this is one HELL of a package. Unfortunately, I have no alcoholic beverages with which to enjoy this one right now, and I think it would be even better if I did.
"I might not be perfect but I'm me to the bone"~ Seasick Steve
...words to live by.
"This steepen guy grinds my gears."~stl_ben
imo, it's all a result of the modern record collectors association with commodity fetishism~dcmak5
woodisgood
Little Ghost

Post by woodisgood »

thirdmanfan3 wrote:
2crazikids wrote:
woodisgood wrote:Playing record 1 for the first time . . . ugh . . . man, it's pretty off-center. The needle sure is swayin' back and forth . . . you can hear it. I think I've only asked for a replacement once before, think I need to do it for this one.

(Just flipped to side 2. It's not AS bad but not by much. Damnit . . . )

Is it just: cam@thirdmanrecords.com

?
I sent my email to vault@thirdmanrecords.com

But I don't know...
did they reply to you? cuz they havent to me yet :(
I only wrote to them this afternoon, around 1; but no, not a reply yet. They usually take a couple days to respond.
"I'd wish you happiness, but I know it'd be detrimental to your art."
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

Got both of mine and my sons today. Both in great condition. With all the extra goodies. Have not played it yet. The etching is cool but faint. Definitely can't frame it and the guitar be very noticeable but it's there and cool if you look at it just from the right angle. No autograph :lol: The little yellow record is nice with a nice sleeve, I imagine it sounds rough but it's supposed to being recorded in a Novelty Record Booth, Cool item. Love the sticker ! Going to put together the other extra thingy. Worth the $60 bucks, I already know I like the music. Already looking forward to Vault 18 !!!
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
2crazikids
Little Acorn

Post by 2crazikids »

Edited**

I got a reply from Cam. He thinks I didn't look hard enough for my missing pieces... I swear they aren't there! I sent pics too!
Last edited by 2crazikids on Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
profsteenmarter
Little Acorn

Melon wrote:post a picture.. i'm curious what this looks like.

it's the fault of URP, It's no good for Third Man that these things happen
oh well..