Vault Store Wants/Wishlist

runofthemill
Little Ghost

Re: Vault Store Wants/Wishlist

Post by runofthemill »

Thinking the third item is never going to be something that won't fit inside an LP mailer. Shirt, dvd, book, whatever, but it has to be flat. But, I like the idea of the novelties store for some new cases.
mushmouth
Little Cream Soda

Post by mushmouth »

At the top of my want list is for this thing to finally open. My second wish is that it not be disappointing.

Still no word on a hard date?
Jamie
Little Ghost

Post by Jamie »

Tomorrow is the date they're pushing for. I hope it's delayed by at least a week.
Mick III
Little Acorn

Post by Mick III »

I unfortunately not subscribe for VP17 so i will not see the new vault store. Some people on the forum will say what is on vault store ? And maybe buy and sell to others ? My quest is the VP8, maybe a reissue. :mrgreen:
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

I hope everyone realizes that TMR sells more vault packages than they do any normal non-jack single. I don't consider the packages rare nor do I think anything that they sell to just vault members will be that rare. They might be some rare stuff but that would be no different than the refresh-a-thon. I guarantee that anyone who buys limited stuff is a vault member so locking out non-members is essentially just locking out people who don't collect TMR and wouldn't be interested anyways, I see zero benefit to a vault members only store
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

higherlimits wrote:I hope everyone realizes that TMR sells more vault packages than they do any normal non-jack single. I don't consider the packages rare nor do I think anything that they sell to just vault members will be that rare. They might be some rare stuff but that would be no different than the refresh-a-thon. I guarantee that anyone who buys limited stuff is a vault member so locking out non-members is essentially just locking out people who don't collect TMR and wouldn't be interested anyways, I see zero benefit to a vault members only store
Think I have seen 2 or 3 collectors on here already post they aren't vault members. They are very much collectors, but not members, so I do think making buyers be members will funnel it down to a slightly smaller competitive pool. Also if you see no benefit in it, feel free to not buy anything and those of us that do will have one less in the mix to compete against...
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
mushmouth
Little Cream Soda

Post by mushmouth »

I'm not sure what people are expecting from the vault store. I'm not expecting much. I don't think we'll see extra vaults available. I don't think we'll see a rare upholsterers single, or even tri-colors.

The vault area videos page is touted as one of the benefits of being a vault member and I think most would agree that's a pretty disappointing area. There was a video of the making of Elephant up for five seconds apparently, that someone here saw and took screen caps of, yet it has never shown up again. The same videos have been there a long time.

if the vault store is anything like the music and video pages, i don't expect many additions or updates.
JonnyH
Little Ghost

Post by JonnyH »

mushmouth wrote:I'm not sure what people are expecting from the vault store..
I have zero expectation. Though since it's called Novelties I hope that they toss up some left over RSD merch(patch, etc). That would be cool.
mushmouth
Little Cream Soda

Post by mushmouth »

JonnyH wrote:
mushmouth wrote:I'm not sure what people are expecting from the vault store..
I have zero expectation. Though since it's called Novelties I hope that they toss up some left over RSD merch(patch, etc). That would be cool.
Agreed.
a_fiendish_thingy
Little Cream Soda

Post by a_fiendish_thingy »

mushmouth wrote:I'm not sure what people are expecting from the vault store...
I am just expecting some Vault branded merch, maybe a LP/45 case. Maybe the very very occasional Vault exclusive thing like the Inverted Blunderbusses. Probably no tris or anything really rare.
makemewalkonsalt
Little Bird

Post by makemewalkonsalt »

If you look in the Vault FAQ, it says that on the first working Monday of each month, they'll put up "lightly damaged returns and replacement components of previous packages".

So, old Vault package parts is going to be a definite.
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

I have enough slightly damaged vault goods already!!!!
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
mojoryan
Little People

Post by mojoryan »

I'll take a slightly damaged IT Mono, as long as it's playable, for the right price.
"I might not be perfect but I'm me to the bone"~ Seasick Steve
...words to live by.
"This steepen guy grinds my gears."~stl_ben
imo, it's all a result of the modern record collectors association with commodity fetishism~dcmak5
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

mojoryan wrote:I'll take a slightly damaged IT Mono, as long as it's playable, for the right price.
Well you got me there I wouldn't mind another one of those.
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
mushmouth
Little Cream Soda

Post by mushmouth »

makemewalkonsalt wrote:If you look in the Vault FAQ, it says that on the first working Monday of each month, they'll put up "lightly damaged returns and replacement components of previous packages".

So, old Vault package parts is going to be a definite.
So once a month they'll add items? :D that means three times a subscription you can fight with every vault member in the same 30 minute period each month. That sounds like a trainwreck. Monthly. Can't wait to watch it unfold.