Vault Store Wants/Wishlist

Getbacktogether
Little Acorn

Vault Store Wants/Wishlist

Post by Getbacktogether »

Obviously im hoping for some tris, split colors ext.. But i hope they have Rolling Record Store left over merch or Desert Gold left overs. I wanted one of those Desert gold Baseball T's so bad lol
Getbacktogether
Little Acorn

Re: Vault Store Wants/Wishlist

I also hope they limit the Tris and rare records to one a person if they have some in the vault store.
woodisgood
Little Ghost

Post by woodisgood »

One-of-a-kind or say five-of-a-kind items that could pop up in the store at any time, any day, without advance warning. Even if I miss things, it'd be great to at least have a chance at obtaining a truly unique item, not just a "damaged"/"slightly imperfect" Vault release or leftover tri's and whatnot. I think if they put up one of those TMR ties for like $75 I daresay it'd last very long once discovered.

Here's a question: If a test pressing of Icky Thump mono showed up in the Vault store and the price was $400, do you think it would sell in ten seconds or ten days?
"I'd wish you happiness, but I know it'd be detrimental to your art."
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Post by chaptertwentyone »

EDIT: CARRY ON KIDS
Last edited by chaptertwentyone on Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”
mushmouth
Little Cream Soda

Post by mushmouth »

At $400?

If Icky Thump Mono showed up in the vault store, even a test pressing, at $400, Third Man will officially have become flippers themselves and that would be the end of it for me.

I'm not really into the idea of paying for a vault membership for the pleasure of being bent over, ebay style.
Last edited by mushmouth on Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jamie
Little Ghost

Post by Jamie »

Getbacktogether wrote:I also hope they limit the Tris and rare records to one a person if they have some in the vault store.
If they do I hope they can find a way to enforce this limit on people with multiple subscriptions.
chaptertwentyone
Little People

This thread makes me nervous.
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
‘MEMBER THAT?”
Getbacktogether
Little Acorn

Jamie wrote:
Getbacktogether wrote:I also hope they limit the Tris and rare records to one a person if they have some in the vault store.
If they do I hope they can find a way to enforce this limit on people with multiple subscriptions.
Exactly this! Also the pop up idea would be very awesome. and if there is going to be tris splits left over vault stuff i would hope and i mean hope they would be discounted. I actually hope everything in the vault store would be some what of a low price depending on its value.
runofthemill
Little Ghost

Post by runofthemill »

It'll probably suck hard just trying to get one item let alone multiples with different accounts.

F5
chaptertwentyone
Little People

I don't EVER want to see those two things next to one another.
F & 5
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
‘MEMBER THAT?”
Getbacktogether
Little Acorn

We are paying to buy things in a vault store. we pay for the vault packages and the online exclusive stuff. By adding the vault store to the exclusive online content i feel like the vault store merch should be cheap. That may just be my thought tho lol
woodisgood
Little Ghost

Post by woodisgood »

mushmouth wrote:At $400?

If Icky Thump Mono showed up in the vault store, even a test pressing, at $400, Third Man will officially have become flippers themselves and that would be the end of it for me.

I'm not really into the idea of paying for a vault membership for the pleasure of being bent over, ebay style.
I see your point; not saying I agree or disagree, as it was just a sort of "see how the people feel" kinda question. The thing is, one point of view could be: Originals regularly go for over $200 now. A test pressing would clearly be very special. What are the chances they sell it for, say, $100, then the buyer simply flips it for $300+ on eBay? Would people "rather" TMR got the dough?

I don't want TMR to do something like this (value markup on a super-rare item). But, the case could be made for them getting the dough rather than a flipper.
"I'd wish you happiness, but I know it'd be detrimental to your art."
Jamie
Little Ghost

Post by Jamie »

woodisgood wrote:

I see your point; not saying I agree or disagree, as it was just a sort of "see how the people feel" kinda question. The thing is, one point of view could be: Originals regularly go for over $200 now. A test pressing would clearly be very special. What are the chances they sell it for, say, $100, then the buyer simply flips it for $300+ on eBay? Would people "rather" TMR got the dough?

I don't want TMR to do something like this (value markup on a super-rare item). But, the case could be made for them getting the dough rather than a flipper.
I don't mind things like test presses being put up for high values, I'd rather buy it from them for $400 than from the person with the fasteest finger who snagged it for $50. They do so much cool stuff that is surely not profitable for them, like the record booth, that they deserve to sell the odd item at market value, especially something that's not otherwise for sale.
Getbacktogether
Little Acorn

woodisgood wrote:

I would rather see TMR get the money as well but not everyone is buying there stuff to flip. Im already paying 70 bucks a qt for my vault packages and online content. I feel since the vault store is apart of that exclusive online content they should make some items cheap. Maybe not rare stuff like tris or split colors but your everyday buyer stuff.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

What would be the point of a store that's been set up to offer special items to people who pay for a Platinum subscription if they set the prices so that only a fraction of the people who pay for that subscription are able to shop in the store? I understand that these items are already going to be limited quantity-wise. Why limit it even further by price? If that's the idea behind this store, then they should bag it as it's been explained and instead create an additional Diamond-level subscription for the few Vault members who have the money for it.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."