VAULT WISHLIST

Getbacktogether
Little Acorn

Re: VAULT WISHLIST

Post by Getbacktogether »

rsimms3 wrote:
tvstoryteller wrote:I really really really want an HD, surround sound, blu-ray disc, full concert video from WS, Racs, DW or Jack solo shows. I know its not vinyl, but I would love it just as much.
Do you have Live at Montreux already?

http://www.amazon.com/The-Raconteurs-Li ... rs+blu-ray
I got the Blue Ray Montreux dvd and the Blue ray White Stripes-UGWNL. I would love a Blue Ray Dead Weather or Solo Jack show.
woodisgood
Little Ghost

Post by woodisgood »

There are only so many live shows I can stand! :lol: I know they'll always be a part of future Vaults, but I wish they were less frequent. (I'm probably in the minority here, but at the end of the day I was pretty underwhelmed with the Bricks live LP—haven't had the desire to play it more than the three times I have).

And DVDs—again, I rarely watch them more than twice or three times tops.

For me, right now, the wishlist is short and to the point: Upholsterers. Knowing the WS don't have many outtakes, and guessing that seems to be the case with TDW and the Racs, what else is left other than live shows? And let's be real, GBMS will be a regular release, not a Vault exclusive. And it certainly seems Jack's demos are short sketches he brings into the studio for his band(s) to flesh out.

Give us the Upholsterers and I'll buy the next six live shows without hesitation!
"I'd wish you happiness, but I know it'd be detrimental to your art."
mushmouth
Little Cream Soda

Post by mushmouth »

+1 on the bricks release comments. There are live WS bootlegs that sound better than that official release. It's almost unlistenable.
Jamie
Little Ghost

Post by Jamie »

I thought it sounded great, considering what it was and when/where/how it was recorded. It was no UGWNL B Sides LP, that's for sure.
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Post by flattop2001 »

B shows I can do without. I have no problem with live shows so long as they are single source but can't listen to multi source releases (hell I don't even listen to UGWNL because of the different acoustics) I thought the Bricks was a great release given the historical importance. Would love upholsterers or Racs demos of GBMS tracks Blackwell spoke about on the Blu ray liner notes.
Don't believe the 60's was the golden age of pop. You glorify the past when the future dries up.
Jamie
Little Ghost

Post by Jamie »

For the third item I'd like some sort of elaborate puzzle, where whomever is the first to work it out wins something awesome. Scavenger hunts are fun.
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Post by chaptertwentyone »

Jamie wrote:For the third item I'd like some sort of elaborate puzzle, where whomever is the first to work it out wins something awesome. Scavenger hunts are fun.
+1
This.
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”
mushmouth
Little Cream Soda

Post by mushmouth »

flattop2001 wrote:B shows I can do without. I have no problem with live shows so long as they are single source but can't listen to multi source releases (hell I don't even listen to UGWNL because of the different acoustics) I thought the Bricks was a great release given the historical importance. Would love upholsterers or Racs demos of GBMS tracks Blackwell spoke about on the Blu ray liner notes.
That would be AWESOME.
mushmouth
Little Cream Soda

Post by mushmouth »

Forgive my ignorance if this is common knowledge, by why HASN'T there been a GBMS release? Did he get the rights back for everything BUT that one? Was it part of a different contract? Always wondered what the real story is.
AJ123
Little Ghost

Post by AJ123 »

I think we need a Racs centered package. We've had one centered on Jack Solo, TWS, and TDW (and even Wanda Jackson) but not the Racs.
redflag
Little Cream Soda

Post by redflag »

I like the live shows a lot. That said, I wouldn't mind getting a few more Vault items that weren't completely Jack centered. Obviously I'm a fan of pretty much everything he does, but I'm a fan of the other bands that have released stuff though TMR as well.
AJ123
Little Ghost

Post by AJ123 »

The Black Belles get a lot of hate on here but they are my favorite non Jack band on TMR and I would dig a vault package centered around them
mushmouth
Little Cream Soda

Post by mushmouth »

AJ123 wrote:The Black Belles get a lot of hate on here but they are my favorite non Jack band on TMR and I would dig a vault package centered around them
I have to confess, I wanted to hate the black belles, but I recently did roulette and chose two of theirs with my choices. They were hands-down my favorite of the bunch.

I love when I discover music and find out that I was wrong.
woodisgood
Little Ghost

Post by woodisgood »

AJ123 wrote:The Black Belles get a lot of hate on here but they are my favorite non Jack band on TMR and I would dig a vault package centered around them

:lol:
"I'd wish you happiness, but I know it'd be detrimental to your art."
Getbacktogether
Little Acorn

Post by Getbacktogether »

Im thinking a Vault Member Exclusive poster. Maybe a 11''x17. I think that would be really cool. Especially with the launch of the new vault.