Vault #16

Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Re: Vault #16

Post by Kali Durga »

Yes, she's the person who declined.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
dmdv1
Little Ghost

Post by dmdv1 »

Kali Durga wrote:Yes, she's the person who declined.
Ah ok that's surprising
Never trust a hippy
Coma16
Little Cream Soda

Post by Coma16 »

I just sent my LPs back. Cam has been extremely helpful in the process and I really hope that he sends back a set that isn't warped! It would be ace if he tossed in a freebie, like a slipmat, for the inconvenience :)
jrfhoutx
Flipper

Post by jrfhoutx »

Kali Durga wrote:Looked on eBay, though, and saw quite a few that don't even seem to have been bid on. Is there not much demand for this package?
oddly enough, not really. hasn't been for the last few packs, and theres just so many of them out there...
"They were a garage band on Sympathy?! Who knew?" -- EVM
ISO/FS/FT
FLANAGAN, YARRGH!!!
Douchebag Thief
Kaber
Little People

Post by Kaber »

At some point supply exceeds demand.
woodisgood
Little Ghost

Post by woodisgood »

jrfhoutx wrote:oddly enough, not really. hasn't been for the last few packs, and theres just so many of them out there...
Mark my words: eBay resale will be even worse for Vault 17. I think the day of "makin' money" from the newest Vaults are long gone.
"I'd wish you happiness, but I know it'd be detrimental to your art."
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

In my case, I'm not looking to make money, I just want to find a home for this one. Would like to have it go to someone who won't flip it later on, but obviously I can't control that. Hate to end up out $60 and sitting on an extra because someone flaked on me after saying they wanted it.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
cwja
Little Ghost

Post by cwja »

woodisgood wrote:
jrfhoutx wrote:oddly enough, not really. hasn't been for the last few packs, and theres just so many of them out there...
Mark my words: eBay resale will be even worse for Vault 17. I think the day of "makin' money" from the newest Vaults are long gone.
I haven't paid very close attention to the resale numbers, but I don't think there has been one since #8 that has really increased in value, right?
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

cwja wrote:
woodisgood wrote:
I haven't paid very close attention to the resale numbers, but I don't think there has been one since #8 that has really increased in value, right?
Recent sales of Vault packages and individual items -

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R4 ... Complete=1
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Vault #16

Post by Alabama Woody »

So you need to buy 4 or 5 of each package. It takes money to make money.
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
cwja
Little Ghost

Post by cwja »

rsimms3 wrote:
cwja wrote:
woodisgood wrote:

So, #14 (JW Live) has doubled, #10 (Racs Live) and #13 (TWS at The Gold Dollar) go for $90-$100 and #9 (Wanda), #11 (Singles Comp 3), #12 (KE), #15 (JW & The Bricks) and #16 all go for cost to $75. Basically, the investment value of Vault packs has dropped from "hot new tech IPO" to "muni bonds" levels. Unless you're talking about Detroit bonds. In that case Vault packs are a much better investment.
Moller72
Little Ghost

Post by Moller72 »

cwja wrote:
rsimms3 wrote:
cwja wrote:
woodisgood wrote:

So, #14 (JW Live) has doubled, #10 (Racs Live) and #13 (TWS at The Gold Dollar) go for $90-$100 and #9 (Wanda), #11 (Singles Comp 3), #12 (KE), #15 (JW & The Bricks) and #16 all go for cost to $75. Basically, the investment value of Vault packs has dropped from "hot new tech IPO" to "muni bonds" levels. Unless you're talking about Detroit bonds. In that case Vault packs are a much better investment.
You got to give it time I don't think the Wanda one or Karen vault are going to raise much but for a while the racs pack was going just above cost now just the live lp is going for around $75-$90 vault 8 started slow now about $175 and up for a sealed one I imagine 16 will be up there in a few months to a year.
cwja
Little Ghost

Post by cwja »

I agree. JW related packs will probably continue to go up, but I'd be a little concerned about over saturation of TWS live stuff at this point. #8 and #13, by virtue of being the last and first shows, are probably going to increase more than a random show like the one on #16.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

cwja wrote:I agree. JW related packs will probably continue to go up, but I'd be a little concerned about over saturation of TWS live stuff at this point. #8 and #13, by virtue of being the last and first shows, are probably going to increase more than a random show like the one on #16.
With the exception of the Bricks package I think. I don't think the casual fan knows what that was all about and won't seek it out as much as the dedicated WS or solo material. That's why I wonder really how many of the Willie Nelson packs they actually sold even with all the hype and the bonus items. I know there are other artists on #17, but is it worth $60 for one song? Way off topic for this particular thread, but not sure where else we could continue it so folks can easily find it. New thread?
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Moller72
Little Ghost

Post by Moller72 »

cwja wrote:I agree. JW related packs will probably continue to go up, but I'd be a little concerned about over saturation of TWS live stuff at this point. #8 and #13, by virtue of being the last and first shows, are probably going to increase more than a random show like the one on #16.
The live b shows sells for huge amounts and its not even that good of recordings and nothing really special about it.