Vault #16

dreamover
Little Acorn

Re: Vault #16

Post by dreamover »

they're probably waiting to see how many complaints they get regarding this specific issue. then they will probably have to repress a bunch of them.
<Jack White> alright i'm out to feed my cats
=====================================
http://bit.ly/dreamovertl <--- my vinyl list
http://www.dreamoverrecords.com
Bikedo
Little Ghost

Post by Bikedo »

It was a good advice kind of thing.
After a rant I always tell myself to breath in an breath out.... it really helps.
I'd like to sleep 100 days, my feeling has gone, flesh cold and numb.
D-starsfan1
Little Bird

Post by D-starsfan1 »

mushmouth wrote:You guys are way outta line telling this guy not to bitch, he's being glass half full, etc. He waited three months for a record that he paid a premium for and it arrived screwed up. He should be bitching. Let's see if you bitch when it happens to you.

His expectations were to receive what they promised. He didn't. If he wants to vent about it, how does that hurt you?
Thanks Man. I didin't mean to stir up controversy, and I apologize if I did, and if I offended anybody. I am new to this board, and I didin't mean to cause a ruckus. I have been trying to find the cash for quite a while to purchase a vault package, but it just hasn't been there. This was an Aniversary present from my wife (Anniversary was in May) as she knew I was a Die Hard White Stripes Fan. My excitement to recieve this was through the roof, and when I opened the Sleave only to discove duplicate albums, my heart sank to the floor. Im not the most patient person around, so sorry for all the complaining. I have just about worn out sides C and D, and the excitement of hearing the rest is getting to me a little bit. Im only hoping the process of getting this resolved moves along quickly so that I can also be one of those people to come on this board and talk about how much they LOVE this album. Anyway, thats all I wanted to say. Thanks again for sticking up for me mushmouth, I look forward to getting this problem fixed.
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Vault #16

Post by Alabama Woody »

I see nothing wrong with you complaining. How else is TMR supposed to find out about the problems.

It is basically a 12" and 7" and a novelty,
$60 bucks is a pretty hefty price for these items. If you live overseas it's $80...... That's a decent amount if scratch.

180 gram, double gatefold when more than one record. Pack the seven inch outside the 12". Black vinyl is fine. Just want a quality product for the money spent. Maybe even ship record in white sleeve and put artwork sleeve in separately. Just get it right the first time, give poor old Cam a break from all the returns.
Give us something to be proud of !!!
Love this shit, trying to keep loving it. I wish I could pick mine up in the store instead of shipping. They should consider this as an option.
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
mojoryan
Little People

Post by mojoryan »

Alabama Woody wrote:I see nothing wrong with you complaining. How else is TMR supposed to find out about the problems.

$60 bucks is a pretty hefty price for these items. If you live overseas it's $80...... That's a decent amount if scratch.

180 gram, double gatefold when more than one record. Pack the seven inch outside the 12". Black vinyl is fine. Just want a quality product for the money spent. Maybe even ship record in white sleeve and put artwork sleeve in separately. Just get it right the first time, give poor old Cam a break from all the returns.
Give us something to be proud of !!!
Love this shit, trying to keep loving it. I wish I could pick mine up in the store instead of shipping. They should consider this as an option.
All of this^^
The Woodman speaks the truth.
"I might not be perfect but I'm me to the bone"~ Seasick Steve
...words to live by.
"This steepen guy grinds my gears."~stl_ben
imo, it's all a result of the modern record collectors association with commodity fetishism~dcmak5
D-starsfan1
Little Bird

Post by D-starsfan1 »

Alabama Woody wrote:I see nothing wrong with you complaining. How else is TMR supposed to find out about the problems.

Thanks Man, I appreciate it. (Wish I wasn't the only one with this issue voicing a complaint though......) Like I said, this is my first Vault package (and depending on how things work out, I hope not my last) But in looking at some post from the previous Vault packs, it seems like QA has been a problem from the get go. Warped Albums, Cracked Albums, ETC... seems to be a pretty common problem. The vault has been around for a while now, and I would think with the aim of being an exclusive membership, they would put an added emphesis on the QA of the product. I have no doubt in my mind that Third Man will make this right, and judging by the positive remarks about their customer service by most of the members, I think my feelings about that are justified. My only issue is the length of time it takes to make it right when there is an error. I recieved my package on July 8th. It is now the 17th, which is over a week. I still don't know if I have to return my duplicate or not, and still need to wait for the remainder of the complaints to go thru. I expected an E-mail "Early this week" and here it is going on Thursday with no further correspondence. It takes about 6 bussiness days to make it to my mailbox from the day the send it. Depending on how long it takes for them to recieve all the complaints and mail the missing albums, I (and everyone else with this issue) could be waiting for over an additional month or more to get what everyone else who paid the same fee as us has already enjoyed again and again. To me, that is unaceptable. I only wish there was a way for them to take imediate action to resolve the issue, instead of further inconviencing the customers who paid the fee, and got the faulty product. Please don't get me wrong, Im not by any means a regular complainer, I just feel like that guy at the restauraunt with his friends who the waiter gets his order wrong and he is stuck waiting for his food while all his buddies get to enjoy their meal. This applies not just to me, but to whoever else receieved the same error in their vault packs. Again, hope not to upset anybody by this post. I know we are all adament 3rd Man/Jack White fans, and its not so much a slight against them as it is United Record Pressing. I think thats enough ranting from me. I'll post next after I recieve my missing album, and im sure it will be a glowing review of the album Im dying to hear! Thanks for hearing me out, and please resisit the urge to flame me for voicing a concern. Thanks.
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Post by flattop2001 »

$15 is for vault access. $45 for LP 7" and novelty is pretty great price. If they offered a vault pack only platinum option (no vault chat access) I would go for that in a heartbeat.
Don't believe the 60's was the golden age of pop. You glorify the past when the future dries up.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

So, during Cool Drink of Water Blues at the very end, does anyone else have a short drop out on the right channel? It's very short and sounds like one of the mics may have had a short. It's not the entire channel, but most noticeable that the crowd noise cuts out and back in. I recorded it last night to MP3 to listen to in the car and noticed on the way in this morning so I can't return to the record or check it in Audition.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Post by flattop2001 »

rsimms3 wrote:So, during Cool Drink of Water Blues at the very end, does anyone else have a short drop out on the right channel? It's very short and sounds like one of the mics may have had a short. It's not the entire channel, but most noticeable that the crowd noise cuts out and back in. I recorded it last night to MP3 to listen to in the car and noticed on the way in this morning so I can't return to the record or check it in Audition.
Yes same here.
Don't believe the 60's was the golden age of pop. You glorify the past when the future dries up.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

flattop2001 wrote:
rsimms3 wrote:So, during Cool Drink of Water Blues at the very end, does anyone else have a short drop out on the right channel? It's very short and sounds like one of the mics may have had a short. It's not the entire channel, but most noticeable that the crowd noise cuts out and back in. I recorded it last night to MP3 to listen to in the car and noticed on the way in this morning so I can't return to the record or check it in Audition.
Yes same here.
Thanks for the confirmation.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Mick III
Little Acorn

Post by Mick III »

Do you think it's a record problem during the Live or LP problem ?
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Post by flattop2001 »

Mick III wrote:Do you think it's a record problem during the Live or LP problem ?
I don't think it is a problem at all. These things happen at live shows. Just sounds like a mic drops out for a second between songs.
Mick III
Little Acorn

Post by Mick III »

Ok, thank you. :)
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

I ended up with an extra of these because I forgot to cancel the second subscription I'd created to help someone out with #15. Offered it for cost+shipping to someone who said they couldn't afford to subscribe in time, but haven't heard from the guy now since early May. Then offered (again, cost+shipping) it to someone else who declined. My natural inclination is to post it here for the same but, well, I could use some cash if someone's willing to pay more. Looked on eBay, though, and saw quite a few that don't even seem to have been bid on. Is there not much demand for this package?
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
dmdv1
Little Ghost

Post by dmdv1 »

Did you hear from Brandy?
Never trust a hippy