Vault 14 Shipment?

pusha100
Little Bird

Vault 14 Shipment?

Post by pusha100 »

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone else has yet to receive their Vault 14 package? I know they shipped in reverse alphabetical order and my last name starts with a "C" ......... but the anticipation is killing me :evil:

Anyone else out there still waiting on theirs to arrive as well?
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Re: Vault 14 Shipment?

Post by Kali Durga »

I think they announced that all had been shipped. You should e-mail vault@thirdmanrecords.com to have them check on yours.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

For Vault 14, everyone was supposed to receive an email to their registered Vault email address when theirs was shipped out, U.S. Vault members received a tracking number. I'd suggest first checking your spam and then if you are a regular Vault member check that your funds were taken out of your account during October.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

^^ Except that not everyone's funds are taken out in the month that the package is announced. The date funds are taken out coincides (more or less) with the date you signed up.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Kali Durga wrote:^^ Except that not everyone's funds are taken out in the month that the package is announced. The date funds are taken out coincides (more or less) with the date you signed up.
How does that work? Say I skipped 14 which was offered during the month of October, but decided to join in December despite missing the October 31st cut-off, does that mean I'm already good for Vault 15 being offered today through January 31st?

I joined the 8th of the very first sub so my funds have always been taken out the 8th of the month it's open.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Jamie
Little Ghost

Post by Jamie »

It goes on if your subscription is active on the cut off date I believe.
tigerj67
Little Cream Soda

Post by tigerj67 »

The whole system is a little weird, I signed up for vault #8 on the next to last day. With the way the processing goes if that date the next time around falls on a weekend or a holiday the date gets pushed back. Now on the last vault, #14 my payment was taken out 4 days after the last day to sign up for the vault but it still works fine, it scares me everytime that my payment does not happen until after the cutoff date but so far so good.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

That is really complicated! I guess OP should use the above example when checking if payment was taken and contact TMR. From reading all the posts about Modlife and the Vault, sounds like it can get a bit complicated.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

rsimms3 wrote:
Kali Durga wrote:^^ Except that not everyone's funds are taken out in the month that the package is announced. The date funds are taken out coincides (more or less) with the date you signed up.
How does that work? Say I skipped 14 which was offered during the month of October, but decided to join in December despite missing the October 31st cut-off, does that mean I'm already good for Vault 15 being offered today through January 31st?

I joined the 8th of the very first sub so my funds have always been taken out the 8th of the month it's open.
If you paid in December, you missed Vault 14 but got a great big jump on the deadline for Vault 15. I first went Platinum at the end of July 2010 (dunno why Modlife shows my start date as 8/30/11 when my history shows that it's actually earlier- WONKY!!). My payments have shifted to a few days later, with the last being charged to my credit card on December 5th. That means that I'm always paying for each package before it's been announced.

I keep thinking of reverting back to Premium for a few weeks and then signing up for Platinum again after the next Vault announcement so that my payment will go through during the deadline month, but I'm always paranoid of doing so at a time when Modlife might be generating the package mailing list for TMR. Seeing as how they're so wonky and all.