Vault 15

mojoryan
Little People

Re: Vault 15

Post by mojoryan »

arewhyehen wrote:
rival wrote:
gdm wrote:I received an email reply today asking me to send them a video of my record skipping. Strange because I never said it was skipping...only that the record was very warped and that the sleeve was crushed ( I sent pictures of the record and sleeve with the original email. ) I wonder if it being warped isn't grounds for replacement.
It's odd that they would want video of it skipping...anyone who has a camera and any kind of editing software could edit the video to make it sound like skipping anyways...not hard to do so I don't see why they wouldn't take the customers word for it.

Is this your first time requesting a replacement? Maybe if the same people are always complaining, they might be a little more hesitant to send replacements. Or maybe with the amount of people saying their stuff was warped/damaged this time around, they want to be sure people's stuff is legit effed up and not just people wanting pristine copies...
Yes, and as Mojo and I were talking about earlier, with the amount of poor quality items or screw ups in the past few vaults, I am sure it's getting annoying and expensive for them...
Yup. I really do feel bad for them; this thing got so big so fast, it has to take a toll on 'em, all the mishaps. Hell, look at what Ben said in the modchat about people complaining. It sucks for all involved. I'm just going to clean my 15 lp thoroughly as mentioned, and hope for the best. It is a cool lp...noise et al, the skipping will either be washed away, or I'll just have to live with it as "part of the experience" ;)
"I might not be perfect but I'm me to the bone"~ Seasick Steve
...words to live by.
"This steepen guy grinds my gears."~stl_ben
imo, it's all a result of the modern record collectors association with commodity fetishism~dcmak5
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

mojoryan wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:
rival wrote:
gdm wrote:I received an email reply today asking me to send them a video of my record skipping. Strange because I never said it was skipping...only that the record was very warped and that the sleeve was crushed ( I sent pictures of the record and sleeve with the original email. ) I wonder if it being warped isn't grounds for replacement.
It's odd that they would want video of it skipping...anyone who has a camera and any kind of editing software could edit the video to make it sound like skipping anyways...not hard to do so I don't see why they wouldn't take the customers word for it.

Is this your first time requesting a replacement? Maybe if the same people are always complaining, they might be a little more hesitant to send replacements. Or maybe with the amount of people saying their stuff was warped/damaged this time around, they want to be sure people's stuff is legit effed up and not just people wanting pristine copies...
Yes, and as Mojo and I were talking about earlier, with the amount of poor quality items or screw ups in the past few vaults, I am sure it's getting annoying and expensive for them...
Yup. I really do feel bad for them; this thing got so big so fast, it has to take a toll on 'em, all the mishaps. Hell, look at what Ben said in the modchat about people complaining. It sucks for all involved. I'm just going to clean my 15 lp thoroughly as mentioned, and hope for the best. It is a cool lp...noise et al, the skipping will either be washed away, or I'll just have to live with it as "part of the experience" ;)
Ya, the skipping I can sort of deal with if its a problem with everyones, but warped records are a different story. They asked Scott for a video of it skipping, when he already sent them photos of the warped record..
mojoryan
Little People

Post by mojoryan »

arewhyehen wrote:
mojoryan wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:
rival wrote:

Ya, the skipping I can sort of deal with if its a problem with everyones, but warped records are a different story. They asked Scott for a video of it skipping, when he already sent them photos of the warped record..
The last vault pkg found me with a chipped lp 1 record, and the lenticular cover had scratches and about a 1" crack in it. They asked me to send back the record (which was fine, and not a problem), and told me to keep the cover to frame or whatever if I wanted, and that they would send me a new lp 1 and cover. I even offered to send back the cover, but they said not to worry about it. They really do try to make good on all of the screw-ups that occur, but I imagine they have to also start making sure people aren't just playing them for suckers. I can't blame them, really. But...warped records need to be replaced.
...words to live by.
imo, it's all a result of the modern record collectors association with commodity fetishism~dcmak5
rival
Little Ghost

Post by rival »

Yeah, if people start playing them for suckers, you can bet te price of the vault will go up.
Hey, it's just a fucking record. Chill.
mojoryan
Little People

Post by mojoryan »

rival wrote:Yeah, if people start playing them for suckers, you can bet te price of the vault will go up.
Replacement costs could go down, and vault prices stay down, if they found a way to achieve better QC. I don't know what the problem is-whether it's a URP issue, or a handling issue- but surely something could be done. They did make strides by using the new mailers, which is cool, but it's still not enough.
...words to live by.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

mojoryan wrote:
rival wrote:Yeah, if people start playing them for suckers, you can bet te price of the vault will go up.
Replacement costs could go down, and vault prices stay down, if they found a way to achieve better QC. I don't know what the problem is-whether it's a URP issue, or a handling issue- but surely something could be done. They did make strides by using the new mailers, which is cool, but it's still not enough.
Haha yup. No sense in protecting the items inside if they were damaged or poor quality when they went in.
Ya, I can definitely see that which sucks. If they pay to ship damaged records back then I think it's a good way to prevent people lying.
gdm
Little Acorn

Post by gdm »

rival wrote:

It not my first time asking for a replacement. I personally have had issues with a lot of the items I have received from TMR. In the beginning I never thought of complaining, but that changed when I saw that email ( can anybody remember where it is posted?) where someone asked them why they don't use better mailers and the response was that its cheaper to replace the packages. There is no reason for me to believe that they won't take care of this for me. They always do.
Moller72
Little Ghost

Post by Moller72 »

gdm wrote:
rival wrote:

It not my first time asking for a replacement. I personally have had issues with a lot of the items I have received from TMR. In the beginning I never thought of complaining, but that changed when I saw that email ( can anybody remember where it is posted?) where someone asked them why they don't use better mailers and the response was that its cheaper to replace the packages. There is no reason for me to believe that they won't take care of this for me. They always do.
I remember that don't remember where it was posted but after that I complained about every little thing that was wrong seam splits bent corners anything but I have not had an issue since the new mailers.
mangry
Little Ghost

Post by mangry »

I have only had one vault issue. It was the Bastille day 45. I sent a video right off the bat with an explanation of the 45 being mispressed (the grooves were off center which made some funky sound issues.) I explained that I had never had an issue and asked for a replacement. They were very cool about it! I remember reading that they won't replace chipped records if playback is not compromised. If playback is compromised, then I say ask away.
Hyperbole used for effect!
JSusi
Little Bird

Post by JSusi »

I just got an email from Cam, they will replace my records.
Kaber
Little People

Post by Kaber »

Somewhere in this thread there is some info about the music on this package.

The last track on the LP is great - anyone have the original track?
Bergkamp10
Little Bird

Post by Bergkamp10 »

Did they ask you for a video of the record originally?

They asked me.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Kaber wrote:The last track on the LP is great - anyone have the original track?
Indeed, I think it's my new favorite cover by Jack. He played a bit of it at the second Tulsa show last year and I was going crazy trying to figure out what it was. Now I know.

"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
sandmaniac3
Little Acorn

Post by sandmaniac3 »

Kaber wrote:Somewhere in this thread there is some info about the music on this package.

The last track on the LP is great - anyone have the original track?
I think I still have my copy of 96 Tears, an LP by ? and the Mysterians. It had that song on it.
Has everything you said today been true?
JSusi
Little Bird

Post by JSusi »

Bergkamp10 wrote:Did they ask you for a video of the record originally?

They asked me.
I had links to the pics and videos in my initial email.