Vault #13

trickster
Greek Mod

Vault #13

Post by trickster »

Deciding to pull out all the stops for Vault package #13, Third Man Records has dug deep into the archive and is offering its most historically significant collection yet.

The LP for this quarter is the White Stripes first-ever live show. Recorded at the Gold Dollar in Detroit on August 14th, 1997 while opening for Rocket 455 and ‘68 Comeback, this soundboard recording is overly striking in how present and fully-formed the presentation and execution of the White Stripes was so early on. Featuring a blistering cover of the Stooges’ “TV Eye” as well as radically different versions of originals like “Screwdriver” and “Lafayette Blues,” the set is a treat for ALL Stripes fans across the world.

The accompanying 7” is a recording from the White Stripes first-ever live performance, recorded on Bastille Day, (July 14th, 1997) at the Gold Dollar’s open-mic night. Also presented in crystalline soundboard quality, the renditions of “St. James Infirmary”, “Jimmy the Exploder” and “Love Potion #9” are more of the “warts-and-all” variety, but still brim with the childish charm and a heartwarming awareness of how far Jack and Meg would journey from such an unassuming start.

For our bonus item, we’ve revisited the classic White Stripes peppermint logo painted by Jack White around the time of these Gold Dollar shows. The same peppermint would be used as the basis for the first White Stripes t-shirts, as the b-side image of their “Hello Operator” picture disc, on the poster for their s/t record release show and plenty of other places. Noting how wildly popular tote bags have with our fans, we’ve decided to finally put this iconic image on a tote bag. Perfect for bagging your own groceries, going record shopping or displaying in your White Stripes shrine, this tote is not only printed on both sides of the exterior but also features imagery on the inside.

Sign up for this package before subscriptions close on July 31st. Dare we suggest this might be the most excited we’ve ever been for a Vault release. We hope you feel the same way too.

ImageImageImage
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
Pakedge
Little Acorn

Re: Vault #13

Post by Pakedge »

Yes! Very, very awesome!
"Knock on the door and the door knocks back..."
maxman142001
Little Ghost

Post by maxman142001 »

Great news! Couldnt be happier :)
<<Jack White>> @Maxman142001 'let me tell you about my baby she was born out in arizona..."
woodisgood
Little Ghost

Post by woodisgood »

Oh God. I want two of these.
"I'd wish you happiness, but I know it'd be detrimental to your art."
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

I would have totally bet against the Gold Dollar show being released. Sometimes it's a joy to be so completely wrong!
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
runofthemill
Little Ghost

Post by runofthemill »

That'll work!
CourtneyBlush
Little Cream Soda

Post by CourtneyBlush »

I am way more curious as to how JW and MW realised it would be worth recording all these early shows,,,
"It's a test, designed to provoke an emotional response."
cmelo

Post by cmelo »

Best...Monday...ever.....
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Holy crap,I'd want this package for that photo of Jack's faux-hawk alone. But then they threw in all that other amazingly great stuff!!

Gonna be a loooooooong 8+ week wait for this one...
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
dmdv1
Little Ghost

Post by dmdv1 »

ANYONE who complains about this package is dead from the neck up
Never trust a hippy
JWhiteIII
Little Acorn

Post by JWhiteIII »

I should be more excited about this package...
Across the Rio Grand-e-o.....
Kaber
Little People

Post by Kaber »

A Fucking Mazing

Thank you TMR

Happy Birthday Jack
grumblestiltskin
Little Ghost

Post by grumblestiltskin »

Holy crap, that's something I never expected we'd get. And so much better.
Patient B1003
tanzaib
Little Ghost

Post by tanzaib »

will be ordering a 2nd package of this...
<tanzaib> any news on vault 26
<Jack White> @tanzaib cass corridor looming large in all of our lives around here
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Kaber wrote: Thank you TMR

Happy Birthday Jack
^^ No fucking kidding. He gave one hell of a gift to us on his birthday.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."