Little Ghost

Re: Vault #11

Post by chrono_1980 »

Alberta - got mine. Oh Canada!
jrfhoutx
Flipper

Post by jrfhoutx »

Mine showed up Thursday, had a bottom corner ding/bend and a couple inner sleeve splits, since they're standard poly-lined paper inner sleeves, I can easily replace them, but nothing to really write in about...

On another note, I like the three colors, and it's possibly one of the coolest gatefolds I own or have seen. I really like the little details of the package, too. I think the numbering of the LP sides is clever; one, two, III, four, five, and six. The III is nice little touch. I also really like how the artwork is laid out on the inside as well, with the 7" sleeve fronts as the pictures for the track listings and the 7" sleeve backs on the middle 'page' to correspond with the fronts. The naming of the sides is pretty clever as well, as are the runout etchings... Overall, a really solid (and heavy) offering from TMR, even if the music is a bit all over the place. I think the 2010 compilation had a much better flow, and I think that one will still get far more play on my table. This comp just makes me want to pick up all the 7"s of the stuff on there that I really like (which I suppose is it's intended purpose)...

The Stripes alternate takes 7" is pretty good too, I really like the alternate of Dead Leaves.

The shirt is really cool looking, and I know I'll wear it often, starting with the Food Truck Festival tomorrow...
"They were a garage band on Sympathy?! Who knew?" -- EVM
ISO/FS/FT
FLANAGAN, YARRGH!!!
Douchebag Thief
vozhyk87
Little Acorn

Post by vozhyk87 »

Wore the tshirt to work today. It changes colors indeed!
Grandpadan
Little Bird

Post by Grandpadan »

still no vault package yet, here in Las Vegas, though our mail system here takes longer then most. maybe cuz im surrounded by desert. :(
ISO: money to buy more records.
runofthemill
Little Ghost

Post by runofthemill »

Has anyone noticed they switched the order on two of the artists? As in they play the b-side before the a-side.
rival
Little Ghost

Post by rival »

runofthemill wrote:Has anyone noticed they switched the order on two of the artists? As in they play the b-side before the a-side.
Could just be to get the records to time out more evenly. (this is a totally uneducated guess)
Hey, it's just a fucking record. Chill.
grumblestiltskin
Little Ghost

Post by grumblestiltskin »

rival wrote:
runofthemill wrote:Has anyone noticed they switched the order on two of the artists? As in they play the b-side before the a-side.
Could just be to get the records to time out more evenly. (this is a totally uneducated guess)
But if they are on the same side?

Is Lanie Lane one of them? Her blue series runout etching has A and B scratched out and switched...
Patient B1003
runofthemill
Little Ghost

Post by runofthemill »

Yep, Lanie Lane is one, I forget what the other one is.
littleacorn
Little Ghost

Post by littleacorn »

Still no package in Illinois...
"Jack White shreds like a man who met the devil at the crossroads and punched him in the nuts"
wolves-ov-thee-sunn
Little Bird

Post by wolves-ov-thee-sunn »

just got my package yesterday. hot damn, these demos are fire. and the singles comp is pretty fun, although it's a bit damaged just like everyone else's. but whatever.

and i'm ensconced in my shirt as i type. ;)
jrfhoutx
Flipper

Post by jrfhoutx »

Grandpadan wrote:still no vault package yet, here in Las Vegas, though our mail system here takes longer then most. maybe cuz im surrounded by desert. :(
cause the horses keep dying of dehydration...
"They were a garage band on Sympathy?! Who knew?" -- EVM
ISO/FS/FT
FLANAGAN, YARRGH!!!
Douchebag Thief
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Got's mine in Merry-land.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
MuleSkinner
Little Acorn

Post by MuleSkinner »

Mine arrived in Knoxville, TN
Jettkoral
Little People

Post by Jettkoral »

Nothing yet. Getting mad here.
woodisgood
Little Ghost

Post by woodisgood »

Mine arrived in NJ yesterday.

As a person who sells and sends out LPs, I can't imagine Third Man having made too much $$ on this package simply based on the heavy vinyl they used + the weight of the package + they sent these PRIORITY. Dang!! I hope they got a good rate from the post office.

LOVE the colored vinyls; LOVE the jacket; LOVE+ the shirt; and LOVE the 7". Basically, I'm in love. Excellent Vault package, TMR.
"I'd wish you happiness, but I know it'd be detrimental to your art."