Vault #10

arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Re: Vault #10

Post by arewhyehen »

Stl_ben wrote:Agreed I have had minor seem splits before and not complained, but in the future I guess I will. I wan't too worried about them, but if they are knowingly shipping the cheaper way to just to save money and hope no one complains...then I say complain away and maybe then they will start shipping them right to start with.
I have yet to receive a 12" LP from TMR in the mail with no damage. Canada post is really bad with this and I know it so I never ask for replacements due to splits or dents. I could ask for replacements over and over and get damaged items every time. I see what they are trying to do here but what makes them think if I get one damaged and ask for a replacement,it will get here in any better shape? Will they just beef up packaging for the replacement?
jrfhoutx
Flipper

Post by jrfhoutx »

arewhyehen wrote: I see what they are trying to do here but what makes them think if I get one damaged and ask for a replacement,it will get here in any better shape? Will they just beef up packaging for the replacement?
idk, the two replacements that they sent me for #10 were in the same amount of packaging as my original #10 (the first replacement was a full replacement with cover sleeve and LP, the second was just a sleeve and the LP), but supposedly this new batch that has been repressed and QCed in conjunction with URP is going to be in beefed up packaging (though I don't know that it will be anything more than an LP and maybe a sleeve). We'll see, I have a package waiting at the apartment office for me, but can't pick it up til monday afternoon, so idk if it's my LI 7" the Racs LP, or something else (also have The Ettes 3 color bundle, the Kills 10" and 7" preordered, but doubt those would be here already...). As soon as I see the Racs LP i'll let you know...
"They were a garage band on Sympathy?! Who knew?" -- EVM
ISO/FS/FT
FLANAGAN, YARRGH!!!
Douchebag Thief
chanticleer
Little Cream Soda

Post by chanticleer »

Re: the static issue. I emailed an MP3 rip of the first twenty seconds or so of side one and asked if this was a universal issue or even a problem with the tapes themselves. Cam @ TMR emailed back and promised a replacement, but he also mentioned that:
We addressed the problem by showing the damaged copies to our pressing plant and correcting the issue at the source, which, to specify, was an inconsistency with the plate that presses the vinyl records.
...which does heavily imply that some records might be much worse off than others.

Hoping my replacement is nice and clean.
jrfhoutx
Flipper

Post by jrfhoutx »

chanticleer wrote:Re: the static issue. I emailed an MP3 rip of the first twenty seconds or so of side one and asked if this was a universal issue or even a problem with the tapes themselves. Cam @ TMR emailed back and promised a replacement, but he also mentioned that:
We addressed the problem by showing the damaged copies to our pressing plant and correcting the issue at the source, which, to specify, was an inconsistency with the plate that presses the vinyl records.
...which does heavily imply that some records might be much worse off than others.
cool good to know. I was never informed as to what the actual problem was, but good to know that they figured it out and got it all worked out between themselves and URP. inconsistency in the pressing plate would explain the issues and why some copies were worse than others (and confirms my original speculation that it was a pressing issue and not a master/mastering issue).

thanks for the info chanticleer
ISO/FS/FT
FLANAGAN, YARRGH!!!
Douchebag Thief
CanIGetBehindYouMeg
Little Bird

Post by CanIGetBehindYouMeg »

arewhyehen wrote:
CanIGetBehindYouMeg wrote:I'm still in limbo about returning my copy. Has there been any good news associated with the replacements TMR is sending out? From what I can tell the replacements range from exactly the same, slightly better or worse quality. I don't want to make more work for everybody until things seemed to get straightened out.
They sent me an email and told me my replacement went out today and has been tested and looked over before packaging. I have a hard time believing they listen to every one before sending but who knows. Either way, whether you get another copy and it's worse, the same or better, you still have your first copy and it was free for you to get a replacement. Why you're in Limbo is beyond me.
Oh, I was under the impression you had to send back your original copy for them to send you a replacement. I didn't want to do that unless I new I was going to get a better non fucked up sounding copy.
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

Just got my replacement in. Sounds great!
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
patchwork
Little Acorn

Post by patchwork »

i just got mine and the static is still there. sucks ass cause i dont want to ask for another one but you just cant crank this album up like this
the bus came by and i got on, that's where it all began
jrfhoutx
Flipper

Post by jrfhoutx »

mine showed up right before I left the house for work, guess I know what I'll be doing tomorrow :)
ISO/FS/FT
FLANAGAN, YARRGH!!!
Douchebag Thief
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

patchwork wrote:i just got mine and the static is still there. sucks ass cause i dont want to ask for another one but you just cant crank this album up like this
Brutal dude. How is this so hit and miss when they supposedly figured out the problem?
chrono_1980
Little Ghost

Post by chrono_1980 »

How quick did they reply to your emails?
jrfhoutx
Flipper

Post by jrfhoutx »

chrono_1980 wrote:How quick did they reply to your emails?
usually took a day or so for them to get back to me, usually got emails towards the end of the day.
ISO/FS/FT
FLANAGAN, YARRGH!!!
Douchebag Thief
littleacorn
Little Ghost

Post by littleacorn »

Mine still has a shit ton of noise on the opening side on the first few tracks. It sucks but it's really the first time I've really ever had a problem before. Oh well...
"Jack White shreds like a man who met the devil at the crossroads and punched him in the nuts"
chrono_1980
Little Ghost

Post by chrono_1980 »

jrfhoutx wrote:
chrono_1980 wrote:How quick did they reply to your emails?
usually took a day or so for them to get back to me, usually got emails towards the end of the day.
Hrm - I'll give it a few more days then. I emailed last Friday I think - so patience is a virtue I suppose. Thx
JWhiteIII
Little Acorn

Post by JWhiteIII »

Got my replacement today, and I'm sad to say it's not much better. At this point, I'd be glad to have a black copy if it meant better sound quality. In the email, they said that they checked the replacement and it was free of defects...
Across the Rio Grand-e-o.....
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

Got my replacement today, has the exact same flaw. No better whatsoever. I hope this never happens again, I'd like to hear this show. It's really hard to spin, the static is grating.

EDIT: On the plus side, I'm gonna have a kickass clock real soon.