Vault Package #9

trickster
Greek Mod

Re: Vault Package #9

Post by trickster »

rsimms3 wrote:Well, it shouldn't be too long before we confirm if it is black or split color, shouldn't these start showing up in mailboxes soon?
Yes.
There should also be an announcement for #10 the first days of October.
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

Im fine with black, but would really like a B&B since I was there and and couldn't get a B&B at the show.
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
olumbcrazy
Little Cream Soda

Post by olumbcrazy »

i'd like a B&B..as its only regular way that im able to get them. tbh if its not then i think i'll be trying to send it back as have no real interest in it otherwise.
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

Where'd you find that picture of the black vinyl? I only ask because they both look like the same side (same number of tracks, same location of each track, etc.) Looks like it might be a doctored photo.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

It's on the TMR site under the catalog.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

Gotcha. Well, surely it's an oversight. They clearly said in the Vault announcement it's a B&B. That being said, I won't be sending mine back. It'll be a mild disappointment at best. I do feel bad for everyone excited about a B&B though.
greginchains
Little Ghost

Post by greginchains »

shaneoftheroad wrote:Gotcha. Well, surely it's an oversight. They clearly said in the Vault announcement it's a B&B. That being said, I won't be sending mine back. It'll be a mild disappointment at best. I do feel bad for everyone excited about a B&B though.
It wouldnt be the first time an announced vault LP to be split vinyl was changed to black vinyl.
I only wanted to be good enough, but I'm not.
nesguys
Little Acorn

Post by nesguys »

greginchains wrote:
shaneoftheroad wrote:Gotcha. Well, surely it's an oversight. They clearly said in the Vault announcement it's a B&B. That being said, I won't be sending mine back. It'll be a mild disappointment at best. I do feel bad for everyone excited about a B&B though.
It wouldnt be the first time an announced vault LP to be split vinyl was changed to black vinyl.
I was thinking the same thing. I was more interested in that one though. This I actually would prefer in black.
drummintodabeat
Little Acorn

Post by drummintodabeat »

trickster wrote:
rsimms3 wrote:Well, it shouldn't be too long before we confirm if it is black or split color, shouldn't these start showing up in mailboxes soon?
Yes.
There should also be an announcement for #10 the first days of October.
They have to start showing up soon. I'm really looking forward to getting this one in the mail.

Ohhh...and the mystery that surrounds Vault #10. That's a wonderful treasure just waiting to be revealed.
FireyHadoken
Little Cream Soda

Post by FireyHadoken »

They have to start showing up soon. I'm really looking forward to getting this one in the mail.

Ohhh...and the mystery that surrounds Vault #10. That's a wonderful treasure just waiting to be revealed.
The Vault emailed me today, the said they ship next week.
"And if you're saying goodbye
Please don't you think me bitter
For recalling every rhyme
From the book, the page, the line, the word, the letter."
mangry
Little Ghost

Post by mangry »

Stl_ben wrote:Im fine with black, but would really like a B&B since I was there and and couldn't get a B&B at the show.
I'm with you. That show was the jam, and was my first opportunity to obtain a BnB. I'm looking for color, my friends.

But to contradict myself, even Jack has said it's about the music, not the plastic. So send it. I ain't complaining!
Hyperbole used for effect!
jamesmonzon1
Little Acorn

Post by jamesmonzon1 »

But's it's people's money. I bet a few people joined to get a B&B. Heck, there's kids that save up for each quarter. And now they won't get it. I'm not trying to cause shit, but don't we expect a degree of accountability from TMR's end? They could at least say with ample time, "Hey, we're not going to be able to press this like we wanted," instead of not saying anything and hoping no one notices.

...And if this does turn out to be an error and we do still get B&Bs, I'm going to feel like a cocksucking douche for saying this. :o
"There's nothing as reverential as putting on a vinyl album and manually flipping it. You can't fast-forward. You can't pause. More than likely, you are going to let the whole thing play."-Jack White III
mojoryan
Little People

Post by mojoryan »

jamesmonzon1 wrote:But's it's people's money. I bet a few people joined to get a B&B. Heck, there's kids that save up for each quarter. And now they won't get it. I'm not trying to cause shit, but don't we expect a degree of accountability from TMR's end? They could at least say with ample time, "Hey, we're not going to be able to press this like we wanted," instead of not saying anything and hoping no one notices.

...And if this does turn out to be an error and we do still get B&Bs, I'm going to feel like a cocksucking douche for saying this. :o
Ya know, we really don't know if it's gonna be a b&b. I would tend to bet it is. The pic...well, I don't know what that's all about, but yeah, I think they'll deliver. Hell, to press black vs split...not a whole helluva lot of difference in the time, and in their case, I imagine not a big difference in money. Yeah, if they don't deliver, I'm with you about accountability. (I feel like a broken fucking record tonight...I mentioned accountability/responsibility for ones actions in another thread, too)
"I might not be perfect but I'm me to the bone"~ Seasick Steve
...words to live by.
"This steepen guy grinds my gears."~stl_ben
imo, it's all a result of the modern record collectors association with commodity fetishism~dcmak5
rival
Little Ghost

Post by rival »

I really couldn't care less when I receive this Vault package...Looking forward to the next vault announcement to restore my love in these things. Since joining, I've only had one real solid package (Number #8) I'm starting to lose faith...

Might be cheaper in the long run to quit my subscription and just pay the $150 on ebay for the ones I want.
Hey, it's just a fucking record. Chill.
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

rival wrote:I really couldn't care less when I receive this Vault package...Looking forward to the next vault announcement to restore my love in these things. Since joining, I've only had one real solid package (Number #8) I'm starting to lose faith...

Might be cheaper in the long run to quit my subscription and just pay the $150 on ebay for the ones I want.
Or only subscribe for the packages you want?
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net