Vault package #8

hawke000

Re: Vault Package #8 Shipping

Post by hawke000 »

orangeshoeskid wrote:Some pictures for you. Spinning the LP with the single waiting for it's turn..

All 3 items with the dvd playing to show the "quality" of it.
It's a home video someone recorded on hi 8 tape, what the hell were you expecting?
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

I wasn't expected anything better. I was just showing people the quality of it incase they were expecting better. I love it actually. I'm watching it for the third time right now.
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
Facebook / FT/ISO / ExpressoBeans Collection / Google+
Bikedo
Little Ghost

Post by Bikedo »

Thanks all for the pictures.
I'd like to sleep 100 days, my feeling has gone, flesh cold and numb.
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

rsimms3 wrote:
orangeshoeskid wrote: The etchings in the dead wax are interesting as well....
You mean side 3? That's an interesting story
mkuborn
Little Ghost

Re: Vault package #8

Post by mkuborn »

If Kev was here he would say something about the huge phallus on the cover...
rival
Little Ghost

Post by rival »

Wasn't there a blogspot or something that had all the TMR wax etchings written out?

Someone should compile a list of all the TMR Etchings and make it a thread...I would but I barely have a collection.
Hey, it's just a fucking record. Chill.
HappyDad
Little Ghost

Post by HappyDad »

rival wrote:Wasn't there a blogspot or something that had all the TMR wax etchings written out?

Someone should compile a list of all the TMR Etchings and make it a thread...I would but I barely have a collection.
They are on Panos' blog:

http://thirdmanrecordsblog.blogspot.com
The french White Stripes | Third Mand Records | Raconteurs | Dead Weather board : Join the French Fun
--> JUST HERE
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

There you go.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
HappyDad
Little Ghost

Post by HappyDad »

For those who can't wait ... you can listen to the songs from the 7" here:

http://www.antiquiet.com/news/2011/07/w ... -too-long/

I will wait, I wanna listen to these first on vinyl!
The french White Stripes | Third Mand Records | Raconteurs | Dead Weather board : Join the French Fun
--> JUST HERE
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

rival wrote:Wasn't there a blogspot or something that had all the TMR wax etchings written out?

Ah the etchings are not updated unfortunately.
I have stopped ordering TMR 7" and most 12" so I am not updating them anymore.
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
makers888
Little Acorn

Post by makers888 »

This is HANDS DOWN the BEST fucking package yet! It was definitely everything I hoped for AND MORE! For those of you who are solid White Stripes fans, you'll eat this completely up.

I was amazed of the quality of this entire package. First of all, the single sounds fantastic. I mean, the songs are not of the best The White Stripes have ever done. But it's great to hear recordings of this vintage for the first time today. Just brings back the old times hearing a fresh White Stripes recording sounding the way this does. These recordings sound better than many of their earlier released singles. Absolutely loving it!

The live 2LP, yeah, great. Jack has the typical latter spirit he had with The White Stripes. And I must say, very poor playing during the early few songs of the show. But these things a lot of times make it all the better. Loving this 2LP and artwork.

But what hits me most near and dear is the DVD. Absolutely FANTASTIC! I didn't imagine the quality being as good as it is. And for a person like me, who saw The White Stripes half a dozen times during this period of their career, it's SOLID gold and brings back so many great memories. Seriously, I think anyone could appreciate this period. Back when it was really simple and much less a gimmicky show.

Since last night I've watched this DVD 3 times. I'm not usually a person who can sit in front of a TV for more than an hour a day, but, I cannot get enough of it. Just love the little things about this show like Jack repetitively apologizing for having a hoarse throat. Or during "Wasting My Time" (one of my personal favorites) he misses A minor and gets a look from Meg. Then he corrects it and she gives him a little smile. Or how Jack always seems to have trouble with his guitar straps. Dude needed someone to hook him up with some straplocks or something. And biggest and maybe best thing of all, fucking De Stijl was released on that fucking day! Which brings me to a formula:

De Stijl = Best fucking White Stripes album EVER!
mojoryan
Little People

Post by mojoryan »

makers888 wrote:This is HANDS DOWN the BEST fucking package yet! It was definitely everything I hoped for AND MORE! For those of you who are solid White Stripes fans, you'll eat this completely up.

I was amazed of the quality of this entire package. First of all, the single sounds fantastic. I mean, the songs are not of the best The White Stripes have ever done. But it's great to hear recordings of this vintage for the first time today. Just brings back the old times hearing a fresh White Stripes recording sounding the way this does. These recordings sound better than many of their earlier released singles. Absolutely loving it!

The live 2LP, yeah, great. Jack has the typical latter spirit he had with The White Stripes. And I must say, very poor playing during the early few songs of the show. But these things a lot of times make it all the better. Loving this 2LP and artwork.

But what hits me most near and dear is the DVD. Absolutely FANTASTIC! I didn't imagine the quality being as good as it is. And for a person like me, who saw The White Stripes half a dozen times during this period of their career, it's SOLID gold and brings back so many great memories. Seriously, I think anyone could appreciate this period. Back when it was really simple and much less a gimmicky show.

Since last night I've watched this DVD 3 times. I'm not usually a person who can sit in front of a TV for more than an hour a day, but, I cannot get enough of it. Just love the little things about this show like Jack repetitively apologizing for having a hoarse throat. Or during "Wasting My Time" (one of my personal favorites) he misses A minor and gets a look from Meg. Then he corrects it and she gives him a little smile. Or how Jack always seems to have trouble with his guitar straps. Dude needed someone to hook him up with some straplocks or something. And biggest and maybe best thing of all, fucking De Stijl was released on that fucking day! Which brings me to a formula:

FUCK-N-A! What Makers said!! Favorite package to date.
"I might not be perfect but I'm me to the bone"~ Seasick Steve
...words to live by.
"This steepen guy grinds my gears."~stl_ben
imo, it's all a result of the modern record collectors association with commodity fetishism~dcmak5
Arran_Ramone
Little Cream Soda

Post by Arran_Ramone »

Now I REALLY can't wait for mine to get here! Sounds incredible :mrgreen:
elduderino
Little Ghost

Post by elduderino »

makers888 wrote:This is HANDS DOWN the BEST fucking package yet! It was definitely everything I hoped for AND MORE! For those of you who are solid White Stripes fans, you'll eat this completely up.

hey, spoilers man - i haven't watched the dvd yet!
he is everything i hate...
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

If you haven't received your package yet, you're hungry to hear the new WS tunes, and you don't mind YouTube you can "hear" the two tracks here:

http://stereogum.com/757111/white-strip ... gle+Reader
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom