Vault package #8 Predictions

Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Re: Vault package #8 Predictions

Post by Aquamarine »

Wow. Compare that package to . . some less inspiring packages. :?
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Aquamarine wrote:Wow. Compare that package to . . some less inspiring packages. :?
When we do, over in the Vault at least, we're accused of "bitching".
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
konchok3
Little Bird

Post by konchok3 »

JonnyH wrote:This is all that I could find: Image
Thanks a lot!
konchok3
Little Bird

Post by konchok3 »

dunedin wrote:
konchok3 wrote:Sorry for bumping pretty old thread, but does anyone has a copy or screenshot or anything with announcement of this vault? I am just curious how was it back in the days. Usually Blackwell writes a nice insightful micro-essay about the record. What it the case in 2011 with Vault 8? Thanks for your help.
There's more in this thread

viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3624&hilit=mississippi

Thanks a million! That's what i was looking for :)
konchok3
Little Bird

Post by konchok3 »

Kali Durga wrote:
Aquamarine wrote:Wow. Compare that package to . . some less inspiring packages. :?
vault#8 is unbeatable gem in my opinion. Bitching or not, this package stands out of many others, for sure.
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

konchok3 wrote:
Kali Durga wrote:
vault#8 is unbeatable gem in my opinion. Bitching or not, this package stands out of many others, for sure.

It's my favorite, definitely, but I was biased from the beginning because I was at the Mississippi show, and never expected to be able to have it on vinyl. :)
John Tom
Little Cream Soda

Post by John Tom »

Kali Durga wrote:
My wife is always on me to cancel my vault membership for the less inspiring packages and sign back up for the Vault #8 type packages... But I guess I am loyal to a fault...
At least I'm not racin' towards a red light…
--Det. Rust Cohle

Thank you, Tulsa. I can't even lie to you. I love your town so much. Tulsa is more America than America is America. God bless you. I love you. Thank you so much.
--Jack White
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

John Tom wrote:
Kali Durga wrote:
My wife is always on me to cancel my vault membership for the less inspiring packages and sign back up for the Vault #8 type packages... But I guess I am loyal to a fault...
Same here--plus they got me with the Tidal discount now. Still, considerably more excitement breaks out in my house some quarters compared to others! :D
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

I'm loyal, but would like to make a point to them when those less inspired packages roll around. But, yup, that damned Tidal discount. And here I thought I'd never use a streaming service. They went and got me hooked on it. When I accidentally cancelled my Vault membership the other day in trying to change my credit card info, my first thought was "Crap! My Tidal subscription!" Had to laugh at the irony.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."