Vault Question---3 items or 1 Mega Rare Item?

Carson122
Little Bird

Re: Vault Question---3 items or 1 Mega Rare Item?

Post by Carson122 »

Bikedo wrote:Great idea!
Why don't we all go tell Jack what kinda stuff we actually like before he starts waisting his time putting down ideas for package #5 and then maybe while we're at it, we can give some artistic input as well.
Any ideas for a new colour scheme? Handnumber each item and give the low numbers to people who joined first kinda deals maybe?
How about something special for people that have been signed on from the beginning...... I'm getting all fired up here.
Why don't you all vent your ideas in this topic and then somebody can get in touch with Jack and tell him what y'all really want as presents.
Maybe we can ask for early entry for all Premium members instead of just a meager 10 and ask for a free poster and live album on 180 grams vinyl from the actual show you've attended with personalized run outs.
Anyway I'm really curious what you guys come up with.... this is soooo exciting.
I'm getting a hint of some dark sarcasm
mkuborn
Little Ghost

Post by mkuborn »

Is that as racial comment? Dark sarcasm?
EdwardWBjornson
Little Acorn

Post by EdwardWBjornson »

oojavaguru wrote:
Kaber wrote:I agree Kees, as they are currently the busiest label-run mail order in the US, if not the world - they don't need any fan input. They will manage perfectly well without it and with the thousands of orders they have to process they are very busy anyway.
My original post never mentioned anything about going to Jack or TMR to discuss this. I was asking those that have the Vault subscriptions already or just the general population of the forum itself if they wanted 3 items or 1 item, period. My thought is this: It has to be pretty daunting to try and come up with 3 items every quarter that is going to please everyone. Based on comments on this board and others, nobody is ever happy. Hell, I've already seen people knocking the Dead Weather t-shirt that was just annouced yesterday in the Vault package. So since the old saying is "you can please some of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time", if people keep bitching and moaning, then TMR is going to get to a point where they are tired of it (I'd think). My thought was to avoid this, if maybe once per quarter, they could do one mega-item instead of 3 individual items, that <gasp> everyone would enjoy and not bitch or moan about, then it could be worthwhile. It doesn't have to be numbered or colored vinyl or anything, it just has to be unique enough to justify being only 1 item. If they are getting $180K every quarter, then they would have the funds available to do a 4LP live boxset w/DVD with no problem.
A Vault exclusive item will be just as rare as one from a package of three, no matter how many LPs a box set contains..
Bikedo
Little Ghost

Post by Bikedo »

Carson122 wrote: I'm getting a hint of some dark sarcasm
Really?
What gave you that idea?
I'd like to sleep 100 days, my feeling has gone, flesh cold and numb.
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

Bikedo wrote:
Carson122 wrote: I'm getting a hint of some dark sarcasm
Really?
What gave you that idea?
What, you weren't joking? *screws up newly formed letter*
hsp88
Little Ghost

Post by hsp88 »

another way to make a 7" inch set more exclusive, continuing with the idea of a tri color, say the box set had 4 or 5 7" records they could make limited amounts of each one a tri color and alternate which box set gets what. everyone would get 4 random black one and the last a tri. this would make both the black and tri's collectible beacuse people might also want to have the black copy of the one they get tri colored. OR instead of that every 7" could be bi colored like red and white and yellow and black blah blah OR everyone could be a different colored record. think of the possibilities. :o

when i re read what i wrote here i can see that i should not drink and post, it comes out as one big ramble hah
Last edited by hsp88 on Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
hawke000

Post by hawke000 »

I don't want one mega one, I look forward to TMR goodies all year round. Gives my life a little bit of happiness every time. Juuuuust right.
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

I like everything just the way they've got it now. TMR always seems to have good ideas so I'm not going to doubt their judgment.
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
Facebook / FT/ISO / ExpressoBeans Collection / Google+
Bikedo
Little Ghost

Post by Bikedo »

orangeshoeskid wrote:I like everything just the way they've got it now. TMR always seems to have good ideas so I'm not going to doubt their judgment.
I agree with Lafayette Shoes ;)
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

Bikedo wrote:
orangeshoeskid wrote:I like everything just the way they've got it now. TMR always seems to have good ideas so I'm not going to doubt their judgment.
I like it! It may just inspire me to buy some all white slip on vans and color them like a handpainted LB. hmm...
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
Facebook / FT/ISO / ExpressoBeans Collection / Google+
Bikedo
Little Ghost

Post by Bikedo »

orangeshoeskid wrote:
Bikedo wrote:
I like it! It may just inspire me to buy some all white slip on vans and color them like a handpainted LB. hmm...
Feel free to use #10 as an inspiration for your design.
FaytLJake
Little Acorn

Post by FaytLJake »

orangeshoeskid wrote:
Bikedo wrote:
Make 15 pairs of them, keep a pair, sell the rest here. ;)

Jack white's got nothing on that.

Besides, y'know, the actual 15 HPLBs.....
St.Andrew on the Little Room