Goodies from Vault Platinum Pack #3

trickster
Greek Mod

Re: Goodies from Vault Platinum Pack #3

Post by trickster »

Regarding the Year One Singles Compilation for Vault Subscribers... posted by Ben B at 08:05AM

While we initially planned on the Year One Singles Compilation being on colored vinyl, we made a last-minute judgement call to scratch that plan.

With the long running time for each side of the LP (all upwards of 22 minutes) we noticed a less-than-stellar sound quality due partly in fact to the colored vinyl.

So at the last minute (and already being behind schedule because of it) we chose to press the records on 180-gram vinyl for the sake of better fidelity.

We hope you understand our reasoning behind this decision as it was you the customer we ultimately had in mind.
Holy crap.
I am disappointed
I made a 2nd subscription so that I will have 2 copies of the colored edition and now we get a last minute change
That colored looked so good in the pics :cry:
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
runofthemill
Little Ghost

Post by runofthemill »

This doesn't really make any sense to me. I've hung out on Steve Hoffman's site long enough to know that colored vinyl shouldn't sound any different. Black is technically colored vinyl. Maybe it isn't so, they obviously made the change for a reason they deemed important, so overall I am glad that it will sound good.
achouza
Little Ghost

Post by achouza »

yeah i just received mine and its black,, i was looking for white / yellow as well,,

it also came with the ugwnl slipmat
<<<< Ahuevooo! >>>>
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Post by flattop2001 »

Come on guys you want your latest version of Transit to have the best possible fidelity...

By the way has anybody listened to the GITD? they sound like shit, the Bizzaros are unplayable, the press quality of the 13"s are piss poor. Since when did quality have anything to do with collecting.

Maybe they have a new QA person, we could turn up at the next pop up store and find that the limited releases have been pulled. Now that would be something to gripe about.
Don't believe the 60's was the golden age of pop. You glorify the past when the future dries up.
mkuborn
Little Ghost

Post by mkuborn »

hahaha i am really starting to like you. My bizarros play haha... yea, long story. The Texas 13" do sound pretty tinny and weak.

I think it really sucks they switched it from colored at the last minute w/no chance to back out. I mean who is going to pull their fee at the last minute, kind of have everyone by the short and curlys.
flattop2001 wrote:Come on guys you want your latest version of Transit to have the best possible fidelity...

By the way has anybody listened to the GITD? they sound like shit, the Bizzaros are unplayable, the press quality of the 13"s are piss poor. Since when did quality have anything to do with collecting.

Maybe they have a new QA person, we could turn up at the next pop up store and find that the limited releases have been pulled. Now that would be something to gripe about.
littleacorn
Little Ghost

Post by littleacorn »

i think that if they pressed colored vinyl it wouldn't of been 180 gram, so i guess pressing on black 180 to keep costs down is what happened
"Jack White shreds like a man who met the devil at the crossroads and punched him in the nuts"
doctorb
Little Bird

Post by doctorb »

i agree that it sucks the switch was made, but did you all honestly buy this vault package because the vinyl was colored? I mean, it is a ltd pressing for vault members only. Its not like you got a regular edition instead of the ltd colored one .
jus' sayin'
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

doctorb wrote:i agree that it sucks the switch was made, but did you all honestly buy this vault package because the vinyl was colored? I mean, it is a ltd pressing for vault members only. Its not like you got a regular edition instead of the ltd colored one .
jus' sayin'
I was looking forward to something cool and colored since it was a chance to get one without paying outrageous prices on eBay
I think that most of the Vault members have already the 7" of the songs included on that collection.
This was mainly a collector's item and I think we were all happy to get a cool double colored vinyl
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
Kaber
Little People

n/a

Post by Kaber »

n/a
Last edited by Kaber on Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mkuborn
Little Ghost

Post by mkuborn »

A:Here is your new Cadillac in red
B:But it's black, i paid for red
A:Yea but it's still a Cadillac
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Post by flattop2001 »

For those not happy with this. As JW said at the start of the vault

SELL YOUR WARES ON EBAY AND EVERYTHING OVER YOUR ORIGINAL SUBSCRIPTION FEE PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SEND BACK TO US
Don't believe the 60's was the golden age of pop. You glorify the past when the future dries up.
hsp88
Little Ghost

Post by hsp88 »

im alittle disappointed, i would of paid for the vault package regardless like i have for the 4th without knowing what it is but colored vinyl would of been really cool. we still get a sick dead weather single tho
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Post by flattop2001 »

You think you're disappointed now, wait until somebody puts a colored "test pressing" on eBay for $1000, you know it will happen.

hsp88 wrote:im alittle disappointed, i would of paid for the vault package regardless like i have for the 4th without knowing what it is but colored vinyl would of been really cool. we still get a sick dead weather single tho
tanzaib
Little Ghost

n/a

Post by tanzaib »

n/a
Last edited by tanzaib on Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
<tanzaib> any news on vault 26
<Jack White> @tanzaib cass corridor looming large in all of our lives around here
richardcosta
Little Cream Soda

Post by richardcosta »

all the vault packages that I have received have been damaged in the mail in some way so this whole experience has been frustrating. this just adds to it in some ways. wish TMR could hear some of this chatter...