How long will VAULT Platinum go on?

achouza
Little Ghost

How long will VAULT Platinum go on?

Post by achouza »

Maybe I am wrong, but I am assuming nobody from TMR has ever said anything about how long we can expect the VAULT platinum releases to go on, right?

How long do you guys think TMR can keep it going? It has already been going for 7 years which is pretty crazy. I guess they have enough material to keep going for many years to come.

How long have other record club subscriptions gone on? I think the sub pop singles clubs only lasted a few years each time they were rolled out.
<<<< Ahuevooo! >>>>
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Re: How long will VAULT Platinum go on?

Post by Aquamarine »

Pretty much indefinitely, is my guess. They still have a ton of stuff in the archives, and of course not all Vault packages are archival material. (Meaning some packages are comparatively contemporary material.)
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Didn't people start asking this question three years or so ago...?
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
PugFaceRex
Little Ghost

Post by PugFaceRex »

If they run ever out of old stuff to put out, record a blue room show for an LP and maybe have Jack fart in the recording booth for a 7" and then add any random piece of merch for a third item.
<BluefordT> jey pals i am,we is,fuckeres rerred up
<BluefordT> jhdb
-------------------------------------------------------
<Quizze> i didnt like pug asking jack if he would eat himself as a hot dog.... off color
avrate
Little Cream Soda

Post by avrate »

Until JW is too old for this shit, buys Neverland ranch, marries a batshit crazy Playboy model, starts breeding llamas, starts believing L.Ron Hubbard's on to something, makes a bigband record with WS songs and starts appearing in tv commercials for adult diapers.
"Teenage angst has paid off well, now I'm bored and old"
elduderino
Little Ghost

Post by elduderino »

PugFaceRex wrote:If they run ever out of old stuff to put out, record a blue room show for an LP and maybe have Jack fart in the recording booth for a 7" and then add any random piece of merch for a third item.
make sure that 7" is on brown vinyl...
he is everything i hate...
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

Until people stop paying for it....
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

avrate wrote:Until JW is too old for this shit, buys Neverland ranch, marries a batshit crazy Playboy model, starts breeding llamas, starts believing L.Ron Hubbard's on to something, makes a bigband record with WS songs and starts appearing in tv commercials for adult diapers.
Define "too old".
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
avrate
Little Cream Soda

Post by avrate »

Kali Durga wrote:
avrate wrote:Until JW is too old for this shit, buys Neverland ranch, marries a batshit crazy Playboy model, starts breeding llamas, starts believing L.Ron Hubbard's on to something, makes a bigband record with WS songs and starts appearing in tv commercials for adult diapers.
Define "too old".
When he can't sing Jimmy The Exploder live without losing teeth.
"Teenage angst has paid off well, now I'm bored and old"
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

avrate wrote:
Kali Durga wrote:
Define "too old".
When he can't sing Jimmy The Exploder live without losing teeth.
He'll probably die of lung cancer before that happens. But even so, they could still be digging old WS/Racs/DW/solo shows out of the corners of the Vault.
JonnyH
Little Ghost

Post by JonnyH »

Kali Durga wrote:[

He'll probably die of lung cancer before that happens..
:shock:

Shit just got real!
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Post by dylnfan »

JonnyH wrote:
Kali Durga wrote:[

He'll probably die of lung cancer before that happens..
:shock:

Shit just got real!
smoking_kills_by_frankoko-d3ccuf0.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo
phaetonultra
Little Bird

Post by phaetonultra »

I'm awaiting something really cool in VP 33, the dream is a stack load of unreleased white stripes material.

The ultimate is of course VP 333 but that would almost be in the next century!
Bikedo
Little Ghost

Post by Bikedo »

Vault #33 will have a loyalty deluxe edition for those that have been member since #1 and have never canceled.
I'd like to sleep 100 days, my feeling has gone, flesh cold and numb.
IamFrank007
Little Acorn

Post by IamFrank007 »

I have been in since #1. I would buy any package featuring JW,until I die from lung cancer.....
Frank is a funkasaurus rex......................