Vault #26

jesxsmith
Little Bird

Re: Vault #26

Post by jesxsmith »

Jamie wrote:I assumed that the fairest way for everybody would be that you have the option to either return your copy for a replacement or buy a replacement in the store and keep the dud. Note the wording in the post is 'made available to...' and not 'sent to'.
+1 totally agree
hunkswithguns
Little Bird

Post by hunkswithguns »

Think we'll be able to exchange the ''7 for a copy with Cop and Go and Mile Markers and no Impossible Winner....?
DoctorTran37
Little Cream Soda

Post by DoctorTran37 »

When I had an issue with my regular copy of Lazaretto I made a request for an exchange. I offered to send the dud back. Well, I had the same issue with the one they sent as a replacement, and the one that was the replacements replacement, but they never once asked me to send back the duds. I have four copies of Lazaretto now... I'd be surprised if they asked for the 7" back.

Also, finally gave the LP a listen.... this has to be one of my favorite vault releases. It was an absolute surprise favorite.
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

hunkswithguns wrote:Think we'll be able to exchange the ''7 for a copy with Cop and Go and Mile Markers and no Impossible Winner....?
I dont think they will pay the shipping to thousands of people who might send their mispressed 7" from all over the world.
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
Bikedo
Little Ghost

Post by Bikedo »

trickster wrote: I dont think they will pay the shipping to thousands of people who might send their mispressed 7" from all over the world.
I'd like to sleep 100 days, my feeling has gone, flesh cold and numb.
Jack Horner
Little Bird

Post by Jack Horner »

Perhaps the replacement 7" could come in a sleeve that reflects the tracks on the mispressing, while the new vinyl itself would of course reflect the current sleeve. Throw in a replacement label to stick on the mispressing, swap over the records into the correct sleeves and the whole thing comes to a tidy conclusion.

Not that I've received mine yet...
Meg is my favourite.
ColdNorth
Little Bird

Post by ColdNorth »

I also think we will be offered to buy the correct copy (or maybe exchange it).
But, since we are collectors. Wouldn't most of us want to keep the "wrong" copy?
Mick III
Little Acorn

Post by Mick III »

Maybe in the next Vaul Package ? They will send us the VP 27 with this one included and for free I hope. They made a mistake, I don't want to pay for it.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

I'm of the opinion that you smash the error, you get the corrected free in the mail. You send them pics of the smashed one via email. Labor intensive? You betcha but lots of fun and forces the collectors to make a choice.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

rsimms3 wrote:I'm of the opinion that you smash the error, you get the corrected free in the mail. You send them pics of the smashed one via email. Labor intensive? You betcha but lots of fun and forces the collectors to make a choice.
I have offered to smash the damaged records or make them into a bowl in the past on video and send it to them but they won't do that anymore. I think they probably send all the vinyl back to URP to melt down and make new records. They save a few cents in vinyl yes, but they lose $20 to reimburse me for shipping the damaged items back to them.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Who's still waiting? I'm still a nada here in Michigan.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
dr.dano
Little Cream Soda

Post by dr.dano »

still nothing in western canada
woodisgood
Little Ghost

Post by woodisgood »

Mick III wrote:Maybe in the next Vaul Package ? They will send us the VP 27 with this one included and for free I hope. They made a mistake, I don't want to pay for it.
It should be noted not everyone who ordered V26 will be buying the next Vault package.
"I'd wish you happiness, but I know it'd be detrimental to your art."
Datch
Little Acorn

Post by Datch »

woodisgood wrote:
Mick III wrote:Maybe in the next Vaul Package ? They will send us the VP 27 with this one included and for free I hope. I hope they send it for free to those who don't get V27 too.They made a mistake, I don't want to pay for it.
It should be noted not everyone who ordered V26 will be buying the next Vault package.
Fixed.
“More people know a fragment of his music than know his name.”
Mick III
Little Acorn

Post by Mick III »

That's right. :thumbup: