Vault #26 (Pre-Announcement Discussion)

koala
Little Acorn

Re: Vault #26 (Pre-Announcement Discussion)

Post by koala »

ehartsock1991 wrote:
Something no one will see coming: 95%
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

Jamie wrote:The Upholsterers LP, to celebrate the opening of the Detroit store

+26
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Post by chaptertwentyone »

Something new, overzealous fans will buy multiple copies of thinking they're worth their weight in gold (AHEM, Vault 24) and then beg us to take them off their hands a month after they've arrived.
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”
koala
Little Acorn

Post by koala »

chaptertwentyone wrote:Something new, overzealous fans will buy multiple copies of thinking they're worth their weight in gold (AHEM, Vault 24) and then beg us to take them off their hands a month after they've arrived.
I actually liked vault 24. But that's probably because I'm a new fan and didn't have VLR before. But it certainly wasn't worth $80.
koala
Little Acorn

Post by koala »

Let's talk about When. I'm guessing this one will be announced on Saturday 3rd.
Does happydad have an updated graph?
gst510
Little Acorn

Post by gst510 »

woodisgood wrote:
Kali Durga wrote:
ehartsock1991 wrote:My best guess? Jack White live from Fargo. It was the last show and was streamed over Tidal.
And it's still viewable at both Tidal and the Vault. Why on earth would it go into a Vault package?
Because some of us would love to have it on vinyl.
+1

Do most folks on here only want material that's not released in any format? I mentioned I'd like to see Cold Mountain on vinyl and received the same response.
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Post by chaptertwentyone »

Some of my favorite Jack songs are on that soundtrack...
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”
koala
Little Acorn

Post by koala »

gst510 wrote:
woodisgood wrote:
Kali Durga wrote:
ehartsock1991 wrote:My best guess? Jack White live from Fargo. It was the last show and was streamed over Tidal.
And it's still viewable at both Tidal and the Vault. Why on earth would it go into a Vault package?
+1

Do most folks on here only want material that's not released in any format? I mentioned I'd like to see Cold Mountain on vinyl and received the same response.
It's just that it's a vault - you would expect stuff like live shows, old Stripes recordings, etc. Different and exclusive content, yes, but the kind of content you would give to fans, not the public in general. If they wanted to/could release the Cold Mountain soundtrack it would have to be something available to wider audiences right? Why limit that?
As for the acoustic show, if they put that in a package you would just be paying for the same thing twice, which doesn't make sense.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

gst510 wrote:
woodisgood wrote:
Kali Durga wrote:
+1

So here's my question in response to that-- Why not make something like that a regular release? There've been a few exceptions (Vault 24 because of the packaging and dvd), but I'm definitely one of those people who generally feels the Vault should be reserved for surprises, things we didn't know existed, alternate takes, demos, live shows that haven't made the bootletg round, etc. You can't use the argument that something like a regular release of the Cold Mountain soundtrack on vinyl wouldn't sell enough to be worth a general release-- How many copies do you think they're selling of Timmy's Organism and the other two most recent TMR releases? That's what I don't get, why anything people want becomes a Vault package wish, rather than just a general TMR release wish.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
koala
Little Acorn

Post by koala »

^ I said it first. :P
Bikedo
Little Ghost

Post by Bikedo »

Detroit Institute of Arts
Both shows, dvd and a photo would be nice.
I'd like to sleep 100 days, my feeling has gone, flesh cold and numb.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

koala wrote:^ I said it first. :P
Jinx, I owe you a Coke ;)

And if I were to wish for one of the acoustic shows in a Vault package, I'd wish for South Dakota. Isn't that the show at which he played Ugly As I Seem and called his mom on mic?
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
gst510
Little Acorn

Post by gst510 »

Kali Durga wrote:
gst510 wrote:
woodisgood wrote:
Kali Durga wrote:
+1

So here's my question in response to that-- Why not make something like that a regular release? There've been a few exceptions (Vault 24 because of the packaging and dvd), but I'm definitely one of those people who generally feels the Vault should be reserved for surprises, things we didn't know existed, alternate takes, demos, live shows that haven't made the bootletg round, etc. You can't use the argument that something like a regular release of the Cold Mountain soundtrack on vinyl wouldn't sell enough to be worth a general release-- How many copies do you think they're selling of Timmy's Organism and the other two most recent TMR releases? That's what I don't get, why anything people want becomes a Vault package wish, rather than just a general TMR release wish.
Fair enough to both of y'all. :)
dmdv1
Little Ghost

Re: Vault #26 (Pre-Announcement Discussion!

Post by dmdv1 »

Vescovo!
Never trust a hippy
trickster
Greek Mod

Re: Vault #26 (Pre-Announcement Discussion!

Post by trickster »

dmdv1 wrote:Vescovo!
Yes please

And I think it is time for an Xmas 7" in a Vault pack
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426