I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Re: Vault #25

Post by chaptertwentyone »

For those who have received their package, do we notice any difference between the 7" versions and Vault LP versions of previously released tracks?

The vault announcement mentioned the following;
Dodge & Burn will be released worldwide in September 2015 on Third Man Records and will feature eight brand new songs, along with the four previously released tracks remixed and remastered.
Furthermore, has anyone noticed a difference between the 7", Vault LP and the standard LP?
Is this remixing and remastering only available on the vault edition or the standard as well?
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
‘MEMBER THAT?”
Datch
Little Acorn

Post by Datch »

I definitely hear a difference. Especially on Buzzkiller, that tune around 20 seconds is much higher/shrill on the record.
(to the point it has like a spin to it. like the sound is thrown around from a spinning coin, including the slowly stopping. I don't know if this makes sense to anyone but okay)
I don't know about the last 7 inch though, I don't have my copy yet.
“More people know a fragment of his music than know his name.”
hunkswithguns
Little Bird

Post by hunkswithguns »

Datch wrote:I definitely hear a difference. Especially on Buzzkiller, that tune around 20 seconds is much higher/shrill on the record.
(to the point it has like a spin to it. like the sound is thrown around from a spinning coin, including the slowly stopping. I don't know if this makes sense to anyone but okay)
I don't know about the last 7 inch though, I don't have my copy yet.
Excellent description! That is the difference that stands out the most to me. The new LP versions seemed to be mixed louder and both Buzzkill(er) and Too Bad sound shriller and just plain mean. Huge upgrade in my book.

Thanks to the all-analog mastering, the vinyl really gives the instruments some breathing room. The digital sounds a bit too cluttered. Only thing that still doesn't click is Impossible Winner, which sounds like Miley Cyrus to me. The album rules but I think Sea of Cowards still reigns supreme.
mattieg25
Little Bird

Post by mattieg25 »

Just got this today, anyone else think the poster is a little weird/creepy?
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Post by chaptertwentyone »

mattieg25 wrote:Just got this today, anyone else think the poster is a little weird/creepy?
The poster is of them dragging Allison right?
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
‘MEMBER THAT?”
Datch
Little Acorn

Post by Datch »

chaptertwentyone wrote:
mattieg25 wrote:Just got this today, anyone else think the poster is a little weird/creepy?
Yes which is a remake of the picture they took during SoC or HH (idk when it was exactly)
They have been weird/creepy for a long time :roll:
“More people know a fragment of his music than know his name.”
mattieg25
Little Bird

Post by mattieg25 »

Datch wrote:
chaptertwentyone wrote:
Yes which is a remake of the picture they took during SoC or HH (idk when it was exactly)
They have been weird/creepy for a long time :roll:

No I never saw those other pictures. Still weird to me...something I can never imagine hanging on my wall, but to each their own.
littleacorn
Little Ghost

Post by littleacorn »

Mine has damage to the inside cover like a big blob of glue got ripped off. Plan on listening to it all tonight since didn't get around to or really cared to to be honest.
"Jack White shreds like a man who met the devil at the crossroads and punched him in the nuts"
DBMTB
Little Bird

Post by DBMTB »

My shipment was jinxed.....

Got a download code with a small case letter "L" in it that could have been a 1, or an "I" so had to contact support about that...

7" record warped
12" record warped and with a scratch on side 1.

Plus the day it arrived I had a massive headache and the last thing I wanted to do was listen to music.....

But even I got the photo print......
Juanjo
Little Cream Soda

Post by Juanjo »

Anyone in the UK has received a notification from customs about package being held until payments cleared?

I got this notification from the USPS tracking:

"Payment of charges - Item being held, addressee being notified".

Out of the UK until Monday, but smells like I need to pay charges to get it as it did happen to some people in Germany for previous packages right?
This machine steals souls.
Bikedo
Little Ghost

Post by Bikedo »

Juanjo wrote:Anyone in the UK has received a notification from customs about package being held until payments cleared?

I got this notification from the USPS tracking:

"Payment of charges - Item being held, addressee being notified".

Out of the UK until Monday, but smells like I need to pay charges to get it as it did happen to some people in Germany for previous packages right?
Didn't you get the TMR email named "Vault #25 Customs Notice"?
I'd like to sleep 100 days, my feeling has gone, flesh cold and numb.
koala
Little Acorn

Post by koala »

Same problem here...sort of.
LP and 7" both warped badly. In fact, the whole jacket is bent. And the screaming gatefold only makes it more annoying. And also a headache. :(
I think that deck of cards is the culprit. The whole package was bent around it.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

I've looked at mine but haven't put them on the TT yet to check if they are flat. LP is sort of a pukey yellow color instead of a golden yellow like the Loretta LP from the previous vault. If they had the Loretta color with just light whisps of black it would have been a little more true to the picture (yes, I know they have put out a disclaimer on the pictures directed at folks like myself). No problems with bends in the cover but my next project is to find out if I can take the battery out of the screaming cover so that it doesn't go bad and eat through it and the records on both sides of it.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
koala
Little Acorn

Post by koala »

rsimms3 wrote:I've looked at mine but haven't put them on the TT yet to check if they are flat. LP is sort of a pukey yellow color instead of a golden yellow like the Loretta LP from the previous vault. If they had the Loretta color with just light whisps of black it would have been a little more true to the picture (yes, I know they have put out a disclaimer on the pictures directed at folks like myself). No problems with bends in the cover but my next project is to find out if I can take the battery out of the screaming cover so that it doesn't go bad and eat through it and the records on both sides of it.
It's right under Jack's head.
If you do find a way to remove it safely please let us know. I'll need to remove it once I'm done pranking all the people I can.