Vault #25

rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Re: Vault #25

Post by rsimms3 »

Yeah, I know where it is, just need to figure out the logistics of getting the battery out without messing up the cover. Sometimes the batteries are hardwired so you have to pull the whole mechanism out and I really don't want to tear up the sleeve doing that.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Juanjo
Little Cream Soda

Post by Juanjo »

Bikedo wrote:Didn't you get the TMR email named "Vault #25 Customs Notice"?
I didn't, something I am missing?
This machine steals souls.
Datch
Little Acorn

Post by Datch »

Sorry, just thought that it might be better if I put this whole thing in spoilers haha.

How to remove the screamy thingy
Lay the album spread open flat on a table.
Start at the side of the LP (get the LP and all the stuff out)
If you look in from the spin side you will see the plastic lip being held down by what looks like tape. Just start to pick that loose from there.
If you do it right you can take off all the tape from the LP side over to the other side under-neat the whole compartment of the batteries and stuff on the other side.
(The tape is one whole piece.)
If you have big hands you may want to get someone with small hands fingers to do it, or get a ruller or something.
(You may also want to take loose the jacket spine side, on the device side a bit. If it isnt already since its just little dots of almost but not really glue holding it down.)
When you have done all correctly you will have no ripped jacket and this in your hands.
http://i1377.photobucket.com/albums/ah5 ... 7lcqwg.jpg
http://i1377.photobucket.com/albums/ah5 ... e7c4da.jpg

Now to think of what to do with this device.
Hmm who can I prank? 8-)
“More people know a fragment of his music than know his name.”
Mick III
Little Acorn

Post by Mick III »

Me, I like it, and I keep it. It was funny to discover it, because I didn't read the spoiler.
Chiefbrody
Little Bird

Post by Chiefbrody »

Hi guys

I skipped 25 and saved some pennies by buying the standard retail vinyl. Before re-joining for 26, did the email re:25 referred to by Bikedo mean I'm likely to be paying more than I used to, or was it an isolated issue with 25? I just can't afford to pay more these days.

Cheers
Bikedo
Little Ghost

Post by Bikedo »

Pretty sure the over seas people get this e-mail every time now.
I'd like to sleep 100 days, my feeling has gone, flesh cold and numb.
Chiefbrody
Little Bird

Post by Chiefbrody »

Hi Bikedo,

Thanks, but I've never received it so don't know what's on it. Do you one what the email says? Does it mean members in the UK and elsewhere will be incurring extra fees and charges on the packages?
Bikedo
Little Ghost

Post by Bikedo »

I'd like to sleep 100 days, my feeling has gone, flesh cold and numb.
Datch
Little Acorn

Post by Datch »

Chiefbrody wrote:Hi Bikedo,

Thanks, but I've never received it so don't know what's on it. Do you one what the email says? Does it mean members in the UK and elsewhere will be incurring extra fees and charges on the packages?
No its trying to do the exact opposite. Some people were charged customs for the full 60/80$. now by specifying that only 20$ is for vinyl, they hope people won't get charged for import anymore. I never had any problems but then bonnaroo was my first. I have heard of people who now don't get charged extra import anymore, but I also heard of people who never had issues and now do get charged and for the full price not 20$. So ya know it just depends, but it should be that you no longer will get charged more with import.
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

Mick III wrote:Me, I like it, and I keep it. It was funny to discover it, because I didn't read the spoiler.
I just found out about it because of reading the spoilers. I never open my gatefolds, just throw it directly into a plastic sleeve and take the vinyl out as needed.
koala
Little Acorn

Post by koala »

They don't send it to all the people but you can request it from them if you didn't receive the declaration.
Datch
Little Acorn

Post by Datch »

koala wrote:They don't send it to all the people but you can request it from them if you didn't receive the declaration.
They don't? I saw it as something they sent out to everybody outside the USA?
Chiefbrody
Little Bird

Post by Chiefbrody »

Thanks for clarifying. Glad there's not been a change to make it any worse.
Juanjo
Little Cream Soda

Post by Juanjo »

Bikedo wrote:Image
Thanks a lot for this, I was looking for it since I need to clear this with UK Customs & Revenues to get a refund for the extra charges, and had never received the email.
This machine steals souls.
Mick III
Little Acorn

Post by Mick III »

I never received this message. But in France I never had a problem with extra charges. We are lucky here.