Platinum Vault subbers, will you subscribe to TIDAL HiFi?

Platinum Vault subbers, will you subscribe to TIDAL HiFi for $5/month?

Yep, absolutely, great deal.
46%
Nope, not worth it to me.
49%
I don't maintain a Platinum sub continually.
5%

Total votes: 85

mhcox
Little Cream Soda

Re: Platinum Vault subbers, will you subscribe to TIDAL HiFi

Post by mhcox »

Datch wrote:
mhcox wrote:So I've been a little out of the loop lately. I know there was an option for Vault members to subscribe to tidal for a discount ($5/month or something like that). But then I heard some fuss about it only being for 2 months or some short amount of time before getting bumped up to a higher price. Can anyone give me an update on that situation? I think I will subscribe if it's only $5 but can't justify much higher of a price. Thanks!
As it stands now all is resolved and you get Tidal for 5$ a month until you stop your vault subscription. :clap:
Yay! Thanks!
when roles are reversed, opinions are too.
scoliosispony
Little Acorn

Post by scoliosispony »

How do y'all like it so far? For $5 I love it. The quality sounds noticeably better over bluetooth in the truck. Better than itunes downloads or spotify. About as good sounding as a CD. The playlists are great too. Wish all the TMR LPs were on there, though.
i won't let love disrupt, corrupt, or interrupt me anymore...

Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

I love it too. I think it's a work in progress as far as the content is concerned, and probably all the TMR catalog will be up there eventually, but I'm very impressed by what IS there, and the sound and ease of use of the app generally. (Well, once the voucher issue got sorted out, which took a while and several tries.)
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

I'm gonna have to invest in an iPhone and pay for one of those crazy-expensive monthly plans, aren't I?
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

Watch out...Sony sounds like they are about to pull their full catalog from Tidal.
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
Datch
Little Acorn

Post by Datch »

Stl_ben wrote:Watch out...Sony sounds like they are about to pull their full catalog from Tidal.
why?
“More people know a fragment of his music than know his name.”
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

Datch wrote:
Stl_ben wrote:Watch out...Sony sounds like they are about to pull their full catalog from Tidal.
why?
Had to do with Tidal paying Sony...but looks like it may have already been taken care of.
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... l-20150530
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
littlecreamsoda3
Little Bird

Post by littlecreamsoda3 »

I had Spotify for about 6 months. It was great. Decided to switch to Tidal. I would be saving $5 a month, and hypothetically be getting higher music quality, and "exclusive content".
I don't really notice much of a difference in the sound. But then again I'm not a huge stickler for that sort of thing.
I've noticed that Tidal's catalog is missing quite a bit. Tried to listen to The Strokes, and they were missing a bunch of albums. I suspect this will get better as time goes on.
The Third Man exclusive stuff is pretty cool. I've especially loved the Blue Room singles playlist!