Platinum Vault subbers, will you subscribe to TIDAL HiFi?

Platinum Vault subbers, will you subscribe to TIDAL HiFi for $5/month?

Yep, absolutely, great deal.
46%
Nope, not worth it to me.
49%
I don't maintain a Platinum sub continually.
5%

Total votes: 85

rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Re: Platinum Vault subbers, will you subscribe to TIDAL HiFi

Post by rsimms3 »

cigarman44 wrote:I use my phone for music when I run, so it's pretty cool to download a playlist and use it in offline mode. I have a data cap so it helps with that. I wasn't sure if you can do that with other services.
I know you can with Amazon Prime.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Post by dylnfan »

rsimms3 wrote:
cigarman44 wrote:I use my phone for music when I run, so it's pretty cool to download a playlist and use it in offline mode. I have a data cap so it helps with that. I wasn't sure if you can do that with other services.
You can w/both Spotify and Tidal.
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Post by dylnfan »

dylnfan wrote:
rsimms3 wrote:
I was actually stoked to hear about this deal. Already being a Tidal HIFI member, this saved me a boatload of money.
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo
future sparrow
Little Bird

Post by future sparrow »

Absolutely. I have already taken advantage of the offline capabilities and the HiFi option is great. If you want to support artists and pay for music - this deal is as good as it gets. $5 dollars a month.... I'd really like to know how TMR pulled that off.
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

dylnfan wrote:
dylnfan wrote:
rsimms3 wrote:
I was actually stoked to hear about this deal. Already being a Tidal HIFI member, this saved me a boatload of money.
So how did you get Tidal to recognize your voucher? Most other existing members seem to be having the same problem as me, of Tidal not recognizing the voucher as valid because it's not a new account.
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Post by dylnfan »

Aquamarine wrote:
dylnfan wrote:
dylnfan wrote:
rsimms3 wrote:
So how did you get Tidal to recognize your voucher? Most other existing members seem to be having the same problem as me, of Tidal not recognizing the voucher as valid because it's not a new account.
I had the same problem at first. Sent an email to TMR and Cam forwarded to Tidal customer service. Logged into Tidal today and the sub price was updated to $5.00. I'd try Tidal customer service first rather than inundating TMR w/emails.

- Cmelo
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

dylnfan wrote:
Aquamarine wrote:
dylnfan wrote:
dylnfan wrote:
rsimms3 wrote:
I had the same problem at first. Sent an email to TMR and Cam forwarded to Tidal customer service. Logged into Tidal today and the sub price was updated to $5.00. I'd try Tidal customer service first rather than inundating TMR w/emails.
Tried both, no response from either as yet, but I'll be patient awhile longer--seems many people are having this issue. Thanks, anyway.
dunedin
Little Ghost

Post by dunedin »

I've been a Spotify premium subscriber for about 6 months. I cancelled and switched to Tidal when they announced the Vault deal.
icdvet
Little Ghost

Post by icdvet »

higherlimits wrote:
Bikedo wrote:How big is their database of artists/songs?
Apparently it's the same as spotify.. except Spotify doesn't have Taylor Swift

The Beatles and Shakey Graves are two bands I tried to listen to on Spotify but couldn't (likely aren't on Tidal either)
I didn't know they had Tay-Tay. Can I chane my vote to YES?
Dear NSA, I hope that you enjoy this post.
7th_son
Fate Accelerator

Post by 7th_son »

icdvet wrote:
higherlimits wrote:
Bikedo wrote:How big is their database of artists/songs?
Apparently it's the same as spotify.. except Spotify doesn't have Taylor Swift

The Beatles and Shakey Graves are two bands I tried to listen to on Spotify but couldn't (likely aren't on Tidal either)
I didn't know they had Tay-Tay. Can I chane my vote to YES?
votes can be changed. :P
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

higherlimits wrote:
cigarman44 wrote:Shakeys newest album is.
Hmm, it's on spotify too, I wonder which artist I was thinking of then...
I was misspelling shakey graves as Shaky Graves, reason I couldn't find them :(
burgerqueen
Little Bird

Post by burgerqueen »

I got it since it was only $5. I like it more than I expected too, honestly
tardis20
Little Bird

Post by tardis20 »

Yeah I signed up. I think for trying out stuff you haven't heard or never want on vinyl you can't beat this...Jack as a founder must have pushed for this unless he is taking a micro % less in profits to do this...love offline...I love it but never have streamed before.
mhcox
Little Cream Soda

Post by mhcox »

So I've been a little out of the loop lately. I know there was an option for Vault members to subscribe to tidal for a discount ($5/month or something like that). But then I heard some fuss about it only being for 2 months or some short amount of time before getting bumped up to a higher price. Can anyone give me an update on that situation? I think I will subscribe if it's only $5 but can't justify much higher of a price. Thanks!
when roles are reversed, opinions are too.
Datch
Little Acorn

Post by Datch »

mhcox wrote:So I've been a little out of the loop lately. I know there was an option for Vault members to subscribe to tidal for a discount ($5/month or something like that). But then I heard some fuss about it only being for 2 months or some short amount of time before getting bumped up to a higher price. Can anyone give me an update on that situation? I think I will subscribe if it's only $5 but can't justify much higher of a price. Thanks!
As it stands now all is resolved and you get Tidal for 5$ a month until you stop your vault subscription. :clap:
“More people know a fragment of his music than know his name.”