Vault #24 (Pre-Announcement Discussion)

luccamezz
Little Cream Soda

Re: Vault #24 (Pre-Announcement Discussion)

Post by luccamezz »

destijl wrote:
luccamezz wrote: I think it would be nice if TMR reissued the XL Aluminium LP, but that may be something for the next year.

On a side note, I wouldn't mind a singles box, as long as they included the Denial Twist/My Doorbell variants, including 12"s
The Aluminium album is a bit shit. I have the CD, LP and 12". Never gonna play them again. It fills a gap. As for The White Stripes remixes, they are also a bit shit. Let's hope we don't get those.
I don't know, I really like that album. Does a great job for studying moments and also the Forever For Her version hits me right in the feeling. But yep, I'm way more into a TDW package, or any of those old school stuff like JW B Shows, TWS You're Right I'm Wrong
A Woman is more powerful than a man and this I know, and I think that you know this too.
destijl
Little Acorn

Post by destijl »

Really want something on the Vescovo experience. Would be great to relive it.
•<Jack White> we also want to come up with vault packages you don't like, a streaming service to make rich people richer, a t shirt
too big for you, and a bunch of shit you don't want but we're hold ing a gun to your head to purchase.
MichaelRox
Little Cream Soda

Post by MichaelRox »

1 year anniversary of Worlds Fastest Record. They took so much footage that I'm sure it would turn out to be a great DVD with Jack's set, Whirlwind Heat's set, and even more behind the scenes of the making of the WFR. Black & Blue of Whirlwind Heat Live at TMR. 7" Mono of High Ball Stepper & WYFFML, first & last song of the set & first time playing them live.
My avatar photo was taken by Jo McCaughey of me and my wife using my Hasselblad 501C.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

The three tracks off of the Inside Lleweyn Davis concert. I'd rather just have a 7" of Jack's contribution. Oh, and the Beck Song Reader track as well. Comps aren't really my thing.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Post by dylnfan »

rsimms3 wrote:The three tracks off of the Inside Lleweyn Davis concert. I'd rather just have a 7" of Jack's contribution. Oh, and the Beck Song Reader track as well. Comps aren't really my thing.
I'm probably going to be flamed for this, but I wasn't overly impressed by Jack's contribution to the ILD concert...I actually tend to skip over them in favor of Milk Carton Kids, Gillian/Dave/Willie, Marcus Mumford, etc.
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo
pigammon
Little Cream Soda

Post by pigammon »

Nicode70 wrote:A 4 GMS singles box set? [WINKING FACE]
Four?
Avatar is Fall by Bridget Riley. (1963)
luccamezz
Little Cream Soda

Post by luccamezz »

Once listening to JW Live at Bonnaroo it occurred to me, by the idea of the band playing live as they would play if they were all by themselves, that it might be interesting to see (listen heh) a live studio performance. no audience, just the band in a rehearsal-like atmosphere. I think it would be even more interesting if it was the dead weather we were talking about, specially with the incoming new album...
A Woman is more powerful than a man and this I know, and I think that you know this too.
Coma16
Little Cream Soda

Post by Coma16 »

luccamezz wrote:Once listening to JW Live at Bonnaroo it occurred to me, by the idea of the band playing live as they would play if they were all by themselves, that it might be interesting to see (listen heh) a live studio performance. no audience, just the band in a rehearsal-like atmosphere. I think it would be even more interesting if it was the dead weather we were talking about, specially with the incoming new album...
This reminds me of the Top Yourself rehearsal that they released a while back. I liked that version and, your right, it would be cool to have more studio rehearsals.
Kaber
Little People

Post by Kaber »

Jack White scarf
Bikedo
Little Ghost

Post by Bikedo »

destijl wrote:
luccamezz wrote: I think it would be nice if TMR reissued the XL Aluminium LP, but that may be something for the next year.
The Aluminium album is a bit shit. I have the CD, LP and 12". Never gonna play them again. It fills a gap. As for The White Stripes remixes, they are also a bit shit. Let's hope we don't get those.
Combine Aluminiiium with some great choreography and see what happens.
We'll be staging Wayne McGregor's "Chroma" in june.
Very excited to be part of this and have an orchestra play this music live.

I'd like to sleep 100 days, my feeling has gone, flesh cold and numb.
BenBadner
Little Bird

Post by BenBadner »

I would love a coffee table book with all the white stripes posters as part of one package. Widespread panic did a poster children book and it is awesome.
Kaber
Little People

Post by Kaber »

BenBadner wrote:I would love a coffee table book with all the white stripes posters as part of one package. Widespread panic did a poster children book and it is awesome.
Sounds good - would also be great to have other merch details in it
dreamover
Little Acorn

Post by dreamover »

MichaelRox wrote:1 year anniversary of Worlds Fastest Record. They took so much footage that I'm sure it would turn out to be a great DVD with Jack's set, Whirlwind Heat's set, and even more behind the scenes of the making of the WFR. Black & Blue of Whirlwind Heat Live at TMR. 7" Mono of High Ball Stepper & WYFFML, first & last song of the set & first time playing them live.
this would be a cool package. unfortunately, they shot the first half of the JW show with a bunch of cameras in the audience, and halfway through they left, so i don't think they were ever planning on releasing a full dvd. i'd love a live recording of "would you fight for my love?" from that show. it was the first time, and best performance i've ever heard that song.
<Jack White> alright i'm out to feed my cats
=====================================
http://bit.ly/dreamovertl <--- my vinyl list
http://www.dreamoverrecords.com
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

Nicode70 wrote:A 4 GMS singles box set? [WINKING FACE]
Oh god no. Please no.
I need something not that good so I can order only one pack.
A 7" box would make me maintain 3 subs.
So crossing fingers for a TDW pack.

MichaelRox wrote:1 year anniversary of Worlds Fastest Record. They took so much footage that I'm sure it would turn out to be a great DVD with Jack's set, Whirlwind Heat's set, and even more behind the scenes of the making of the WFR. Black & Blue of Whirlwind Heat Live at TMR. 7" Mono of High Ball Stepper & WYFFML, first & last song of the set & first time playing them live.
Yes please. That would be a nice one.
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
Dr.Zissou
Little Acorn

Post by Dr.Zissou »

Covers and B-side recorded in studio would be nice.