Vault #23 (Pre-Announcement Discussion)

circecoen
Little Bird

Re: Vault #23 (Pre-Announcement Discussion)

Post by circecoen »

Thank you BenBadner, Kali, littleacorn and scoliosispony for your advice.

I'm going to wait to see what 23 brings along. Since I'm definitely interested in the other perks that come with a Vault membership, I think I should definitely go Gold whenever I'm not interested in a Vault package.

Thanks again!
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Guess you'll find out in roughly ten days-ish, mebbe less, whether you want this one or not.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
pigammon
Little Cream Soda

Post by pigammon »

juanmahenao wrote:A 2LP GBMS pack. In one record the original version, and on the other one a new version with full band treatment. I think that album screams for that.
yolomanolo wrote:I would love to get a Get Behind Me Satan 2 LP (one original and the second instrumentals) and as for the 7-inch maybe a reissue of all the singles from that album.
Wouldn't that make the package a 3LP set though? (Considering the original press is a double album already)
It would still be awesome though.
Quexzea wrote:I would like to see a Jack White outtake and b-sides compilation from Blunderbuss and Lazaretto.
YES THIS ABSOLUTELY YES
Avatar is Fall by Bridget Riley. (1963)
Lolmann
Little Bird

Post by Lolmann »

I would love new stuff from The Dead Weather. A douple live lp or somethin like that :)

Do you thinks its possible that the next one is the new TDW LP? Like they did it with Lazaretto?
juanmahenao
Little Bird

Post by juanmahenao »

Lolmann wrote:I would love new stuff from The Dead Weather. A douple live lp or somethin like that :)

Do you thinks its possible that the next one is the new TDW LP? Like they did it with Lazaretto?
Could be. If they found that what they did with Lazaretto was a succesful way to launch the record and sell a special edition while getting more vault members, I don't see why not they would repeat that with future relases. As long as they do it with bands I'm interested in, I'm all in.
destijl
Little Acorn

Post by destijl »

Freter wrote:POKEY LIVE IN THE BLUEROOM IN THE NAME OF ALL THAT IS WHOLY! IF YOU ARENT GOING TO LET US BUY THE BLACK AND BLUE AT THE SHOW, GIVE IT TO US IN THE VAULT
Pokey did say to me that there would be a vault thing about that when I spoke to him at a gig
•<Jack White> we also want to come up with vault packages you don't like, a streaming service to make rich people richer, a t shirt
too big for you, and a bunch of shit you don't want but we're hold ing a gun to your head to purchase.
woodisgood
Little Ghost

Post by woodisgood »

I still imagine TMR making an announcement along the lines of "You thought we couldn't top the last Vault release, but guess what?" And it's GBMS with the Vault edition being the exclusive "promo" sleeve and color vinyl (along with some neat-o extras, naturally) and spring RSD just gets black vinyl and regular cover. There has been such a clamor for a true direct-from-the-tapes mastered-for-vinyl edition of GBMS that I think it's probably the only thing that could be considered as exciting as Vault 22.

Of course, why not make one of the extras a replica of the newly discovered [COUGHCOUGH] Upholsterers 7"? (Just consider the timing of THAT announcement vis a vis Vault 23...)
"I'd wish you happiness, but I know it'd be detrimental to your art."
grumblestiltskin
Little Ghost

Post by grumblestiltskin »

If this year is to be the year of GBMS, then I'd like to see an approximation of the GBMS live album that never was. I know the idea was to re record the whole thing live in the studio in New Zealand, but since that didn't happen, maybe we could just have this show instead:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-white ... e1f67.html

The main set is all of GBMS played in order, and the encore looks pretty kickass too.
Patient B1003
Mick III
Little Acorn

Post by Mick III »

Nice tracklist ! But We all deserve the album. :D
fondfarewell
Little Cream Soda

Post by fondfarewell »

Whatever it is, I just want more things presented in the box format. Nice on the shelf.
luccamezz
Little Cream Soda

Post by luccamezz »

grumblestiltskin wrote:If this year is to be the year of GBMS, then I'd like to see an approximation of the GBMS live album that never was. I know the idea was to re record the whole thing live in the studio in New Zealand, but since that didn't happen, maybe we could just have this show instead:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-white ... e1f67.html

The main set is all of GBMS played in order, and the encore looks pretty kickass too.
Wow! That's a really impressive setlist. Wouldn't mind having it instead of the Manaus gig
Can't wait for them to announce it! Does anyone know where are those Vault releases dates?
A Woman is more powerful than a man and this I know, and I think that you know this too.
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

destijl wrote:
Freter wrote:POKEY LIVE IN THE BLUEROOM IN THE NAME OF ALL THAT IS WHOLY! IF YOU ARENT GOING TO LET US BUY THE BLACK AND BLUE AT THE SHOW, GIVE IT TO US IN THE VAULT
Pokey did say to me that there would be a vault thing about that when I spoke to him at a gig
As he is no longer on TMR's label....I am guessing this may be getting less likely.
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
Freter
Little Acorn

Post by Freter »

Stl_ben wrote:
destijl wrote:
As he is no longer on TMR's label....I am guessing this may be getting less likely.
man, I really liked that show. It was a great time, and they played incredibly.
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Post by chaptertwentyone »

Stl_ben wrote:
destijl wrote:
Did he have a contract for a that one album or did he choose to leave?
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”
Freter
Little Acorn

Post by Freter »

chaptertwentyone wrote:
Stl_ben wrote:
destijl wrote:
Did he have a contract for a that one album or did he choose to leave?
I believe it was a one album deal.