Vault Subscription and Customs decleration (Germany)

Vestitor
Little Bird

Vault Subscription and Customs decleration (Germany)

Post by Vestitor »

Hey guys,

First of all: I really like TMR and the Vault, but this is getting out of hand.
Almost every order I received in the last 3 years arrived at my local customs in Germany and I had to pick it up there.
I always showed them a receipt which I got from the friendly TMR-crew. It declared a value of 15$ for the LP and 5$ for the 7".
Worked fine until package #21.
The worker at my customs said that he needed a proper receipt, not just the customs decleration that's on the package which menas nothing to him.
It needs an order date, order number, shipping date, individual prices and so on. And furthermore: he wouldn't belive me that the package was worth 20$ or so...
Which leads me to another problem: how much is ONE Vault Package worth? I already pay 60$+20$ for shipping. BUT I also pay for a 3 month Vault subscription with exclusive access etc.
The only thing I can show my local customs is my credit card receipt which naturally shows 80§ Vault Subscription. If i get taxed for that amount I have to pay around 10€ extra! (~13$)

My suggestion is: PLEASE! add a proper receipt INTO the package, not just the customs decleration on the outside for german customers.
Or you could split our payment into Vault Subscription and Vault Package so that it is clearly displayed on our credit card how much the package is worth.
We already pay 80$ and another 13$ for customs would be too much.

Sorry if this was a long post but I had to get this off my chest.
I'll drive to my customs...again! and see what I can do before my package gets shipped back to the US.

Cheers!
Vestitor
Little Bird

Re: Vault Subscription and Customs decleration (Germany)

Post by Vestitor »

Quick update:
I showed him the vault subscription, gold and platinum membership.
So he substracted 20$ for the gold one and said that the package is worth 60$ instead of 80$.
I had to pay around 9€ in taxes which changes the worth of ONE vault package to 92$!
At least it's cheaper than buying it from eBay I guess...
Don't know if this will change in the future but at least I know now what to show them and how to handle it.

Does anybody else have problems here in Germany?
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

This is crazy.

How did he believe that the info you showed him was real?
You could have edited it and printed in with the wrong prices.

In any case I think that your customs system is being too paranoid.
Good luck with your future orders.
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
Kaber
Little People

Post by Kaber »

Performance related pay?
Vestitor
Little Bird

Post by Vestitor »

trickster wrote:This is crazy.

How did he believe that the info you showed him was real?
You could have edited it and printed in with the wrong prices.

In any case I think that your customs system is being too paranoid.
Good luck with your future orders.

Well, since I couldn't show him any infos from my credit card he assumed that the info I printed had wrong prices.
He then looked at the TMR homepage and compared the prices with other LPs and 7"s.
They have the right to estimate what the product ma be worth plus shipping and YOU need to prove what you may or may not have paid.
Anyway, he assumed a price of 20$ for normal LPs and around 8-10$ for the 7" and around 20$ for merchandise plus shipping (which is very high!)
Just as an example for ONE LP from TMR, directly from the store:
United States Postal Service
First-Class Package International Service $16.75
Priority Mail International $36.25

That's why it's very hard to bypass the whole local customs thing.
Anyway, the overall price (product + shipping) needs to be lower than 22€ (27$) so that I don't have to pay another 19% VAT in Germany.

I hope this helps in understanding my frustration ;)
avrate
Little Cream Soda

Post by avrate »

I've had discussions with customs several times over these packages.
Always stick to the fact thet the packages have a value of $20, and are part of a member subscription package price. They can't deny the value written on the shipping form. There's been some emailing back and forth, but they always send me the package.
"Teenage angst has paid off well, now I'm bored and old"
Vestitor
Little Bird

Post by Vestitor »

avrate wrote:I've had discussions with customs several times over these packages.
Always stick to the fact thet the packages have a value of $20, and are part of a member subscription package price. They can't deny the value written on the shipping form. There's been some emailing back and forth, but they always send me the package.

The guy at my local office said that these shipping forms mean nothing and I need to show some sort of payment information or official receipt over it.
destijl
Little Acorn

Post by destijl »

Surely if gold costs $60 without the package, then the additional package is only worth $20. The $60 is to access all the bonus shit that goes with it.
•<Jack White> we also want to come up with vault packages you don't like, a streaming service to make rich people richer, a t shirt
too big for you, and a bunch of shit you don't want but we're hold ing a gun to your head to purchase.
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

destijl wrote:Surely if gold costs $60 without the package, then the additional package is only worth $20. The $60 is to access all the bonus shit that goes with it.
Gold costs $20. Platinum costs $60.....so if we are using this subtraction method the physical items would cost $40.
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
profsteenmarter
Little Acorn

Post by profsteenmarter »

I have the same problem with the last 4 vaults here in Belgium.
every time they are taking hold of it. The right documents for the customs are on the package.
if the value is higher as $25 they charge me right away. if it's under 25 they always ask for extra info...
i'm paying $30 VAT on every vault they are holding up. Vault 22 is the last one i'm gonna take for a while.
I've asked TMR for a invoice this time, still waiting for an answer. got 14 days the send them the right documents :?
destijl
Little Acorn

Post by destijl »

Stl_ben wrote:
destijl wrote:Surely if gold costs $60 without the package, then the additional package is only worth $20. The $60 is to access all the bonus shit that goes with it.
Gold costs $20. Platinum costs $60.....so if we are using this subtraction method the physical items would cost $40.
I have no concept of money because I'm mega rich.
•<Jack White> we also want to come up with vault packages you don't like, a streaming service to make rich people richer, a t shirt
too big for you, and a bunch of shit you don't want but we're hold ing a gun to your head to purchase.
Kaber
Little People

Post by Kaber »

destijl wrote:
Stl_ben wrote:
I have no concept of money because I'm mega rich.
Americanos
stoffel
Little Bird

Post by stoffel »

profsteenmarter wrote:I have the same problem with the last 4 vaults here in Belgium.
every time they are taking hold of it. The right documents for the customs are on the package.
if the value is higher as $25 they charge me right away. if it's under 25 they always ask for extra info...
i'm paying $30 VAT on every vault they are holding up. Vault 22 is the last one i'm gonna take for a while.
I've asked TMR for a invoice this time, still waiting for an answer. got 14 days the send them the right documents :?

have the smae problem for the last 4 packages as well, i just send them the invoice they send me for the vault package, then they charge me 27€ and i get my package
i don't mind, but it's just such a hustle mailing papers back and forth
they should just declare the real value on their package
it's the only store i have this problem with
all others i buy from, i either get it without an import tax or with one already attached bassed on the shipping label
Mick III
Little Acorn

Post by Mick III »

Well I live in France and I heard many problem of taxes, but never on TMR. I think they check quickly and select some of package, not all it's impossible. I am always lucky with packages that I receive. I wait a LP from the USA, I will tell you if my country become paranoiac or not. But to me, it's not normal to tax people. It's the only way to get some LPs, cost delivery are hight but it's not enough. They want their money !
Last edited by Mick III on Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

I have a feeling that those paranoid customs policies will affect the way TMR fills the customs declaration forms in a bad way.
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426