Favorite Vault Package Thus Far

What are the best three vault packages thus far?

QTR 3 2009: TWS: Icky Thump Mono 2LP; TDW: Forever My Queen 7"; TMR Vault T-Shirt
10%
QTR 4 2009: RACS: Live In London 2LP; TWS: Let's Shake Hands Demo 7"; TDW: Horehound Mini-Print
4%
QTR 1 2010: TMR: 2009 Singles 2LP; TDW: No Horse Demo 7"; TMR: Post Cards
1%
QTR 2 2010: TWS: Great White B-Shows 2LP; RACS: Top Yourself Demo 7"; TDW: SOC T-Shirt
1%
QTR 3 2010: TDW: SOC Live At TMR LP; TDW: Encore at TMR 7"; TDW: Live At TMR DVD
7%
QTR 4 2010: GREENHORNES: Boscobel Blues LP; TWS: Hello Operator Pic Disc 7"; TWS/GH Bull Shirt
1%
QTR 1 2011: TMR: 2010 Singles 2LP; TWS: POSTTD Tri 7"; 5678's - Great Balls of Fire 7"
No votes
QTR 2 2011: TWS: Live In Mississippi 2LP; TWS: Signed DC 7"; TWS: Under Moorhead Lights DVD
20%
QTR 3 2011: Wanda Jackson: Live At TMR LP; 2 Star Tabernacle 7"; Wanda Jackson TMR DVD
No votes
QTR 4 2011: RACS: Live at TMR LP; TWS/DW Remix 7"; Devil's Night 2010 DVD
No votes
QTR 1 2012: TMR: 2011 Singles 3LP; TWS: Dead Leaves Demo 7"; TMR: Color Changing T-Shirt
No votes
QTR 2 2012: Karen Elson: Live at TMR LP; RACS: Open Your Eyes 7"; TWS: Under New Zealand Lights DVD
1%
QTR 3 2012: TWS: Live at the Gold DOllar LP; TWS Bastille Day 7"; TWS Peppermint Tote
7%
QTR 4 2012: JW: Live at TMR 2LP; JW: Blunderbuss Demos; TDW Photo Book
10%
QTR 1 2013: JW & The Bricks LP; JW&BB 7"; White Heat DVD
1%
QTR 2 2013: TWS: Live In Chicago 2LP; TWS: I Want To Be The Boy Demo 7"; TWS: Elephant Photo Book
7%
QTR 3 2013: Willie Nelson at TMR 2LP; WN&JW Record Booth 6"; WN&JW Poster
4%
QTR 4 2013: RACS: Live at The Rhyman 2LP; TDW: Open Up 7"; RACS: Rhyman DVD
5%
QTR 1 2014: TWS: 4 7" Elephant Singles Boxset
1%
QTR 2 2014: JW: Lazaretto Split Color 12"; JW Lazaretto Demos; JW Lazaretto Book
7%
QTR 3 2014: TWS: Live In Japan 2LP; TDW: Buzzkiller 7"; TMR: Flag
2%
QTR 4 2014: JW: Bonnaroo 3LP; JW: Bonnaroo DVD; JW: Lazaretto Tour Trinkets
14%

Total votes: 166

arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Re: Favorite Vault Package Thus Far

Post by arewhyehen »

dreamover wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:I find it funny that Jack @ Bonnaroo is the most voted for and nobody has it yet..

I think the votes are a little skewed because everyone is excited about the new announcement..I bet in 6 months if we took this pole again, it might have half the votes. There are much better packages than this one.

I think it just goes to show that people get bored really quickly and always want something new....I guess that is the reason for the slow down around here lately..
that's why you can change your vote!

but i do think this package might be the most elaborate package yet. (or the most expensive to produce). so some people think the value is the best yet. i do feel like this will be one i spin a lot.
Yeah, I agree that this is one of the best packages for getting your money's worth. It looks like it will be well done..

I don''t really get excited for live LP's unless I was at the show, and I haven't really had any come out that I was at yet, so I am still waiting for that...

I am surprised that more people don't like the Willie Nelson package. It was done really well and the content, though live, is something that is unique and has a ton of big names on it.. Maybe it is because I am a big Neil Young fan and obviously a Jack White fan as well as Willie Nelson, but this one still gets spun more than any other.. I just think it's special when artists get together for fun and do things like that.. You can just tell how much fun they were all having and it made for a great performance to listen to and watch.
a_fiendish_thingy
Little Cream Soda

Post by a_fiendish_thingy »

Coma16 wrote:
Hamptonio wrote:The concept behind 'Boscobel Blues' was my favorite thus far.
Dem shitz was raw.
What was the concept behind it? I don't know much (or anything) about 'Boscobel Blues'.

Is there a site that has torrents for some of these?
The concept is that it's a collection of in-studio demos from the Greenhornes. Personally, I think they are pretty great and a welcome change from the usual Live LP (not that I dislike the Live LPs or anything).

I would also be careful about using the "t" word here. As a music lovers/collectors forum, piracy is a pretty big nono. I'm sure that a torrent for it exists, but I would not look for it here. And I certainly done condone such things, if for no other reason than you lose the magic of why we all love vinyl in the first place.
a_fiendish_thingy
Little Cream Soda

Post by a_fiendish_thingy »

arewhyehen wrote:I am surprised that more people don't like the Willie Nelson package. It was done really well and the content, though live, is something that is unique and has a ton of big names on it.. Maybe it is because I am a big Neil Young fan and obviously a Jack White fan as well as Willie Nelson, but this one still gets spun more than any other.. I just think it's special when artists get together for fun and do things like that.. You can just tell how much fun they were all having and it made for a great performance to listen to and watch.
While I absolutely appreciate that package for what it is, it's just not my favorite style of music. I appreciate it, but if I'm flipping through looking for something to listen to, I'm MUCH more likely to grab Zeppelin IV or Live in Mississippi or Sgt. Peppers something to that effect. I just love my rock music too much for it to spin often. I do listen to my MP3 rip of it that I made fairly often however.
Coma16
Little Cream Soda

Post by Coma16 »

a_fiendish_thingy wrote:
Coma16 wrote:
Hamptonio wrote:The concept behind 'Boscobel Blues' was my favorite thus far.
Dem shitz was raw.
What was the concept behind it? I don't know much (or anything) about 'Boscobel Blues'.

Is there a site that has torrents for some of these?
The concept is that it's a collection of in-studio demos from the Greenhornes. Personally, I think they are pretty great and a welcome change from the usual Live LP (not that I dislike the Live LPs or anything).

I would also be careful about using the "t" word here. As a music lovers/collectors forum, piracy is a pretty big nono. I'm sure that a torrent for it exists, but I would not look for it here. And I certainly done condone such things, if for no other reason than you lose the magic of why we all love vinyl in the first place.
Thanks. I'll have to check out the Greenhornes as I've never listened to them before.

I have no issues with torrents if I've already purchased something or if I just want to check something out. I buy lots of vinyl so it's not a substitute. I think it would great if all vault packages came with an mp3 code. I know we got one for the Lazaretto release but can't seeing it becoming a regular thing. Which is a shame because many of the releases have quality issues.
Kaber
Little People

Post by Kaber »

I've enjoyed the LPs released outside the Vault such as Whirlwind Heat
far more than the likes of willie nelson.
The quality of the black vinyl and sleeve for live in missi
was great.
Much as I like the colors on the recent few vaults
I prefer the sound on the black