Vault #22

rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Re: Vault #22

Post by rsimms3 »

Coma16 wrote:What a great package! Worth the wait too. This is the first time that the LPs arrived in flawless state so that makes me happy. I've listed to the 3 records and they sound great. Not sure when I'll have time for the DVD though.

Question, you do guys (and gals) keep the records in those flimsy white sleeves or did you transfer them into the better quality coloured sleeves?
Neither. I transfer mine to nice poly lined white sleeves. If those fit into the fancy color sleeves, bonus. If not, I just keep them in a poly outersleeve as a set.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Datch
Little Acorn

Post by Datch »

I have mine in the white sleeves inside the colour sleeves, but I'm far from a 'professional' collector so you probably shouldn't listen to me :lol:
“More people know a fragment of his music than know his name.”
johnnyblazed
Little Bird

Post by johnnyblazed »

mine came over to the uk all and the telescopic box has been ripped in transit
grumblestiltskin
Little Ghost

Post by grumblestiltskin »

johnnyblazed wrote:mine came over to the uk all and the telescopic box has been ripped in transit
Send a polite email to vault@thirdmanrecords.com and hopefully they'll do what they can to help you out.
Patient B1003
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

grumblestiltskin wrote:
johnnyblazed wrote:mine came over to the uk all and the telescopic box has been ripped in transit
Send a polite email to vault@thirdmanrecords.com and hopefully they'll do what they can to help you out.
Send a photo as well and I am sure you will have no problem at all getting a replacement
pigammon
Little Cream Soda

Post by pigammon »

Noticed johnny edited his post, said before he got it from a private seller but now i'm not sure
Avatar is Fall by Bridget Riley. (1963)
grumblestiltskin
Little Ghost

Post by grumblestiltskin »

pigammon wrote:Noticed johnny edited his post, said before he got it from a private seller but now i'm not sure
Well that's TMR's lookout. Pretty sure they'll have a database of subscribers.

I thought when you edited a post, a little thing came up at the bottom of the post saying "last edited"...it seems I was wrong as I have just edited this post a lot.
Patient B1003
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

grumblestiltskin wrote:I thought when you edited a post, a little thing came up at the bottom of the post saying "last edited"...it seems I was wrong as I have just edited this post a lot.
Depends on whether or not you've left the thread and gone back or if anyone else has posted while you were editing. Or at least that's what I've noticed.

And I remember seeing that in johnnyblazed's original post, too.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
mangry
Little Ghost

Post by mangry »

3 weeks after sending back two lps...nothing. No returned emails, no returned postage, and definitely no returned music. After having to return three separate Vault packages, I'm done. Cancelled. Maybe I can pick up the Stripes 45 from the next package at another time.
Hyperbole used for effect!
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

So I am rechecking the vinyl from this Vault pack while being in touch with TMR about some replacement parts.

I am attaching a pic of the black record which as you can see on the pic (between the red area) has some signs which look like scratches but they dont affect playing.
I managed to check the white and blue records and (while it was hard) I saw that these are like this too.
Maybe not as much as the black one but still they have that kinds of signs all over the two sides.

Can someone please tell me if their records have similar?
Both my copies (especially the black records) are like this.

The white and blue records have those "crate" things too but I am not too worried about these as I am about those scratch signs.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
PugFaceRex
Little Ghost

Post by PugFaceRex »

trickster wrote:So I am rechecking the vinyl from this Vault pack while being in touch with TMR about some replacement parts.

I am attaching a pic of the black record which as you can see on the pic (between the red area) has some signs which look like scratches but they dont affect playing.
I managed to check the white and blue records and (while it was hard) I saw that these are like this too.
Maybe not as much as the black one but still they have that kinds of signs all over the two sides.

Can someone please tell me if their records have similar?
Both my copies (especially the black records) are like this.

The white and blue records have those "crate" things too but I am not too worried about these as I am about those scratch signs.

I have quite a few records like this that look like they are scratched up but really aren't. Seems like most of them might be from United Record Pressing but cannot confirm that.
<BluefordT> jey pals i am,we is,fuckeres rerred up
<BluefordT> jhdb
-------------------------------------------------------
<Quizze> i didnt like pug asking jack if he would eat himself as a hot dog.... off color
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

made at URP ...... They play but ain't shiny
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

They are scuffs or rubs. It's the outermost surface of the record being rubbed too hard or the wrong way, usually when put into the record sleeve or if rubbed against another record when being pulled off the pile when not picked straight up at the plant. As long as it is light force, it only affects the land between the grooves and therefor you don't hear it.

"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
koala
Little Acorn

Post by koala »

My black LP has the same markings in a rectangular shape from the DVD but it doesn't seriously affect playing. I just don't like the look of it. White LP also has dent-like marks which I guess are those crates. Nothing serious enough for replacement though.
Datch
Little Acorn

Post by Datch »

Same here, also all records have dent like pits in them but they don't affect playing either.
“More people know a fragment of his music than know his name.”