Which VPs do you own and which is your fav?

Coma16
Little Cream Soda

Which VPs do you own and which is your fav?

Post by Coma16 »

I own 14, 16, 18, 19 (sold it), and 20. I will likely pass on 21.

My fav is definitely 14 as it is just amazing. Here it is for those who need a refresher

16 is a close 2nd as Elephant is my favourite WS album.

What do you have? And which (from what you have) is your favourite?
Last edited by Coma16 on Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scoliosispony
Little Acorn

Re: Which VPs do you own and which is your fav?

Post by scoliosispony »

#5 is great. The DW show is swell and it's nice having the DVD and LP. Plus, is it just me or is this not the most well manufactured package? All the sleeves are great looking. A big step up from the first vault 7".

I also love #17. What a great show and gorgeous vinyl. Love Willie.

I've got them all. Lucked out and filled in the gaps in my collection when a guy sold me 2-14, sealed, and almost at cost.
i won't let love disrupt, corrupt, or interrupt me anymore...

Coma16
Little Cream Soda

Post by Coma16 »

Nice. I had to look it up (pic below taken from the VP-5 thread). I wasn't really feeling VP-17 as I'm not a big Willie fan but it did look really nice!

a_fiendish_thingy
Little Cream Soda

Post by a_fiendish_thingy »

I have them all except the Icky Thump Mono (I've got the DW 7" from that pack though!). By FAR my favorite pack is number eight, the one with White Stripes Live in Mississippi. Such an AMAZING record, anyone who is even a little bit a Stripes fan NEEDS to get a copy of that.

Runners up would be 2 (Racs Live in London), 5 (DW Live @ TMR), 13 (WS Live @ Gold Dollar) and 14 (Jack Live @TMR). Worst packs are probably 19 (Boo only 45's!) and 3 (I don't care for the Singles Comps and this one had kinda lame bonuses).
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

I like the White Stripes, Rac's, DW, JW stuff. Of course. I really liked the singles comp's. The third one is a lot of music. Miss those. Live In Mississippi I guess would be number one for me. Vault 19 would have been great with some prettier and thicker 45's in it. Such a nice box and sleeves only to get nothing much to put in them. Damn shame. If those 45's were just red, white, and black and thicker .... Would make for a nice set. Mine look like shit. I like the sleeves and box so I'm going to put other versions of the records in the sleeves.

So TMR is 19 -1 for me. Not bad at all !!!
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
crimpies
Little Acorn

Post by crimpies »

Re: the Singles comps - in 2009-11 it still seemed feasible to many people to obtain every TMR release so people already had the content, making the Singles comps redundant especially when they ended up incomplete (missing Green series on the third edition). What's Vaulty anyway about a record released three months ago and still in print? Glad to see the Singles comps go!

/rant
HadItUpTohere
Little Cream Soda

Post by HadItUpTohere »

I only have Vaults 17,18,19,and 20. A little late on the bandwagon :P My favourite is probably 18, The raconteurs at the ryman! Cool versions of live songs, and the sweet dead weather 7", plus the live dvd is super cool.
With this vault package being a close second...
Kaber
Little People

Post by Kaber »

Only really make use of the Lps for repeated listens

Live in Mississippi is the best
Lovely thick black vinyl
Beautiful artwork
Gatefold sleeve
Great linear notes
Brilliant music and great pressing

Everything done to a very high standard
Mick III
Little Acorn

Post by Mick III »

I started VP at 14 but I found some VP here or on ebay with a very good price. So now I have :
8, 10, 13, 14, 15, 16, 18, 19, (20 on the road and 21 will be mine)
I have also some stuff from VP 4, 11 and 12 and I really want VP 1, 2 and 5.
Well my favorite VP is the 8. Last White Stripes show, a beautiful cover, gatefold, heavy LP, songs amazing, sound awesome. I'm really lucky to have it at a good price.
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

I like the singles comp because it's not 45's it's 12" records with a great mix to it. I'm lazy. I don't buy all the 7" ers anymore. So it would be great now.
I hope to get all my 7" records recorded to reel 2 reel eventually !!!! Then I don't have to flip anything !
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
cwja
Little Ghost

Post by cwja »

All of them and #5.

I was a big fan of the singles compilations as well. They get way more play than most of the live albums.
Grimtale
Little People

Post by Grimtale »

Not really sure how to answer this. I own them all x2 but haven't opened any of the mailers from TMR yet so I really have no idea which is my fav...

Grim
I am everything you hate...
scoliosispony
Little Acorn

Post by scoliosispony »

I enjoyed the singles compilations as well. I didn't hear them until way after their release, but they flow really well and I like playing them from time to time. It's also near impossible for me to pick a favorite LP. I went with #5 after considering it as a complete package.
i won't let love disrupt, corrupt, or interrupt me anymore...

Coma16
Little Cream Soda

Post by Coma16 »

Grimtale wrote:Not really sure how to answer this. I own them all x2 but haven't opened any of the mailers from TMR yet so I really have no idea which is my fav...

Grim
Why wouldn't you open and play them at least once? What if they are incomplete and/or defective?

Seems like those who are lucky enough to have 8 love it! Does anyone have a digital copy of it? I'd like to listen to it before deciding if I want to pay inflated ebay costs.

I'm not opposed to the idea of having a singles compilation on the LP. I don't generally purchase 45s as I'd rather just listen to the full album so I miss out on a lot of the b-sides. It's also a bit of a pain to change a record after each song imo.

I'd really like to see a slim mat for the 3rd item on VP-22. Especially if I can't get a hold of one at the JW concert at the end of the month!
curseofhalos

Post by curseofhalos »

I have all of them but 2 and 4. I signed up with 1 and quit for until 5. It's hard to pick a favorite. Probably Jack White live because I was there, but also love the Dead Weather live one and the Karen Elson. I've been at a lot of the shows that were Vault releases, but the Jack White performance was for sure my favorite of those. I've never been disappointed with a package.