Question for UK vault members.

Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Re: Question for UK vault members.

Post by Stl_ben »

Yes it's false compassion! All my friends in the Uk I secretly hate you! I am also glad you are forced to spend more money! Mwa hahahahaha, come on now I'm not that evil. Nothing false comps sinister about what I said. Yes I PMd you directly because I actually cared, and was thinking hey why don't I try and talk to this new Guy in private about it and see if I can help, without filling up this thread with more of the same comments over and over.
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
quixoticwax
Little Bird

Post by quixoticwax »

Sorry, I certainly made a dick move there. Incidentally, I have just received a letter stating that I am due to pay £10.57 import VAT and £8.00 clearance fee. So £18.57 or $31.83.

That's a pretty hefty cost for anyone and I wouldn't have ordered the package if I knew such costs would apply.
analogUK
Little Bird

Post by analogUK »

I got my letter and paid my dues this morning. Import VAT and Clearance fee came to $31.46(£18.39). So total for this vault package is $111.46 (£65.14).
No blame on TMR - just the way it is.
dmdv1
Little Ghost

Post by dmdv1 »

Just received my customs charge today £18.57. Bastards
Never trust a hippy
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Someone should start a middle man brokering service in the States to UK folks if this is to be the new normal.....
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Juanjo
Little Cream Soda

Post by Juanjo »

Does anyone remember if in the letter it was stated for how long the package is hold before you pay the charges? I am going on holidays this Friday until the 23rd and expecting two packages from TMR. One is the Vault #21 that shouldn't be shipped before I am back, but the second one has been already shipped and I wouldn't like to miss it.
This machine steals souls.
dmdv1
Little Ghost

Post by dmdv1 »

Juanjo wrote:Does anyone remember if in the letter it was stated for how long the package is hold before you pay the charges? I am going on holidays this Friday until the 23rd and expecting two packages from TMR. One is the Vault #21 that shouldn't be shipped before I am back, but the second one has been already shipped and I wouldn't like to miss it.
Mine says they'll hold it up to twenty days from the date of the letter
Never trust a hippy
Juanjo
Little Cream Soda

Post by Juanjo »

dmdv1 wrote:Mine says they'll hold it up to twenty days from the date of the letter
Then it will be fine, cheers man.
This machine steals souls.
jurgend
Little Bird

Post by jurgend »

Same for Belgium guys... .
I got a notice that i have to pay 25 euro taxes to get my package... .

I think this was my last vault package i ordered (unless there is something ubercool)... .
#itsucks
Kaber
Little People

Post by Kaber »

dmdv1 wrote:Just received my customs charge today £18.57. Bastards

2 @ £18.57
1 @ £18.50
Bikedo
Little Ghost

Post by Bikedo »

Stl_ben wrote:Yes it's false compassion! All my friends in the Uk I secretly hate you! I am also glad you are forced to spend more money! Mwa hahahahaha, come on now I'm not that evil. Nothing false comps sinister about what I said. Yes I PMd you directly because I actually cared, and was thinking hey why don't I try and talk to this new Guy in private about it and see if I can help, without filling up this thread with more of the same comments over and over.
Stl_ben wrote: I think its really crappy. I understand people's frustration completely.
Stl_ben wrote:
cwja wrote:I know it sucks, but I really don't see where most have a right to complain. If you've been a Vault member for several years you've benefited from them repeatedly underdeclaring the value, which has saved you plenty in the past. You're ahead of the game. Suck it up, make sure they're aware of the issue, thank them for being willing to risk committing fraud on your behalf in the past and move on.
So much this!
I wouldn't call you evil 'cause I don't know you.
If you'd leave the "I understand , it's really crappy" blabla behind and tell us to suck it up straight away I'd have more respect for you.
Bottom line is you couldn't care less
I'd like to sleep 100 days, my feeling has gone, flesh cold and numb.
dmdv1
Little Ghost

Post by dmdv1 »

Kaber wrote:
dmdv1 wrote:Just received my customs charge today £18.57. Bastards

2 @ £18.57
1 @ £18.50
BASTARDS
Never trust a hippy
cwja
Little Ghost

Post by cwja »

Say you've been a member for half of the Vault, 10 packages. A conservative estimate of the value would be $30, so cut the customs fee in half to $15. 10 X 15 = $150, so they've saved you $120 over the past couple years after paying $30 for this one. Those assholes! What will they do next? Probably something really terrible like a surprise show featuring crazy theatrics and everything. No telling with these monsters.

Seriously? Think I'd save my outrage for my government charging me £8 to collect their £8 fee. Maybe you should find a harbor and throw your records in it. Worked for us! :wave:
Kaber
Little People

Post by Kaber »

stl_ben for Christmas
Last edited by Kaber on Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hamptonio
Little Ghost

Post by Hamptonio »

it's a classic crack dealer move, and it's smart.
step 1: give the addict a free sample
step 2: continue building rapport with addict. offer them discounts, give them freebies here and there, invite them to one of your parties
step 3: show the addict the value of the product. make the addict feel like he's doing the right thing by continuing to spend his/her hard-earned money with your brand.
step 4: crank up the f-ing heat. increase price 3x and make no apologies. don't like it? don't care. i own you.
step 5: new vault subscription is announced, and even though the addict knows he's getting raped...he/she saunters to the computer and:
<JackWhite> Hamptonio: yes, and tell the lovely wife that i really love the pot pie recipe. i can't get enough LOL! anyway, let me know when you get that package of test pressings i sent you.