Vault #21 (Pre-Announcement Discussion)

Jettkoral
Little People

Re: Vault #21 (Pre-Announcement Discussion)

Post by Jettkoral »

Question- how do we know the announcement will be July 1st?
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Who said it will be?
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
3rdmwsiy
Little Cream Soda

Post by 3rdmwsiy »

Kali Durga wrote:Who said it will be?
I asked one of the bens in vault chat, he said around the 1st
Safety first...then teamwork
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Which means around the 1st, not on the 1st. Which is when it usually is. Are people forgetting HonestJohn's list of Vault announcement dates?
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
music_bones
Little Bird

Post by music_bones »

Hoping the announcement is made before my renewal on the 3rd. Unless it's something I absolutely need, not sure if I'll be able to afford it... :cry:
jramsufan
Little Bird

Post by jramsufan »

Got an email yesterday that my card had been charged for the next release. I wish they would let you know what it is beforehand.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

If you want to know what the package is before being charged, then you need to cancel your subscription and sign up again sometime after the second week of the month. Your renewal date is based on when you initially signed up, not when they make the announcement.
dying stereo
Little Bird

Post by dying stereo »

curseofhalos wrote:
Vytis33 wrote:I just want a copy of GBMS on vinyl. Vault or otherwise.

As it has been said in other threads....next year....well hopefully since it's the 10th anniversary. :lol:
I guess GBMS won't be a vault release. Maybe they put out a coloured edition for RSD like elephant and then a standard version for the mob.
There's a million reasons why the hippies failed.(Joe Strummer)
juanmahenao
Little Bird

Post by juanmahenao »

Something tells me we'll have to wait until Jack's birthday for the vault announcement...
greekfood101
Little Acorn

Post by greekfood101 »

I'm guessing Monday or Tuesday for this. I'm really looking forward to it.
Nicode70
Little Cream Soda

Post by Nicode70 »

I'm officialy off by 3 valut packages:
still waiting for #19
still waiting for #20
charged for #21...
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Nicode70 wrote:I'm officialy off by 3 valut packages:
still waiting for #19
still waiting for #20
charged for #21...
Yikes. Worse than me...I got my 19 about a month ago because my first one went missing. Still waiting on 20 and soon to be charged for 21.

What is your hold up for 19?
Nicode70
Little Cream Soda

Post by Nicode70 »

French postal services didn't bother to try to deliver it. It was sent straight back to TMR but never arrived. I had to wait 2 month for Cam to consider it MIA.
The replacement spent 3 weeks is Nashville USPS facility.

Pure pleasure
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Nicode70 wrote:French postal services didn't bother to try to deliver it. It was sent straight back to TMR but never arrived. I had to wait 2 month for Cam to consider it MIA.

Pure pleasure
That is what happened with my 19. It was shipped while I was on vacation and my mail man left it on my door step for a week while I was gone and it must have been stolen because I never got it when I came home. I didn't realize this until a few weeks later when I checked the tracking info and it said it was delivered while I was gone. Had to send Cam some proof I was on vacation and what not...then it got sent out late. Even with all the issues I have had recently, I do appreciate their willingness to work things out. They are great that way!!
Nicode70
Little Cream Soda

Post by Nicode70 »

arewhyehen wrote:
Nicode70 wrote:French postal services didn't bother to try to deliver it. It was sent straight back to TMR but never arrived. I had to wait 2 month for Cam to consider it MIA.

Pure pleasure
That is what happened with my 19. It was shipped while I was on vacation and my mail man left it on my door step for a week while I was gone and it must have been stolen because I never got it when I came home. I didn't realize this until a few weeks later when I checked the tracking info and it said it was delivered while I was gone. Had to send Cam some proof I was on vacation and what not...then it got sent out late. Even with all the issues I have had recently, I do appreciate their willingness to work things out. They are great that way!!
Yes of course cam was really helpfull. He sent a replacement for Free despite the blâme being clearly on the lazy french post office people.
It is just that the whole process is sooooo long. And it's just one of the problems i've had with recieving records by mail.