Vault's downloads section

Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Re: Vault's downloads section

Post by Stl_ben »

Alabama Woody wrote:I know join Tidal if you want to listen to TMR artist .......
Got to fix it where members can update payment method without interrupting their service !
You can. It's called PayPal.
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

I plan on switching to PayPal.
I would prefer to use my cc though because paypal uses my eBay name.
When I make purchases from TMR , not just vault sub but day to day purchases it puts my name as my eBay name which makes me look like a flipper.

How am I going to ever score a Tri in the mail with a name like garagesaledream :-) !!!

Lol - it doesn't matter for the subs though and I can just use my cc for other purchases.

Still amazed that TMR hasn't created a sub where you can update your cc info without all the hassle
Last edited by Alabama Woody on Mon May 04, 2015 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

I'm so glad you could impart your sarcastic wisdom upon me though. What the hell would I do without you ?
Oh I know. Enjoy the Swirl much more and probably with more people.
Last edited by Alabama Woody on Mon May 04, 2015 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Forget what you see
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

I posted the PayPal solution to the problem on 7th Sons post about Tidal before you joined in on this conversation.

Shorty
Last edited by Alabama Woody on Mon May 04, 2015 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Forget what you see
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

It's funny I paid with paypal forever for my sub but people were having problems using paypal as a payment method a while back so I switched to using a cc. Now that creates problems ......
Forget what you see
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
Datch
Little Acorn

Post by Datch »

Cant you make a new paypal account, with your own name on it, especially for paying TMR without looking like a flipper?
“More people know a fragment of his music than know his name.”
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Datch wrote:Cant you make a new paypal account, with your own name on it, especially for paying TMR without looking like a flipper?
He could, but he can only tie bank accounts and other payment info to one account, so he would have to delete everything from the old account first..then do all the set up for the new one again.

I've never checked but isn't there a way to just change your name?
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

arewhyehen wrote:
Datch wrote:Cant you make a new paypal account, with your own name on it, especially for paying TMR without looking like a flipper?
He could, but he can only tie bank accounts and other payment info to one account, so he would have to delete everything from the old account first..then do all the set up for the new one again.

Not that I can figure out
Forget what you see
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
Datch
Little Acorn

Post by Datch »

Alabama Woody wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:

With the settings of your profile log in and go to this link. https://www.paypal.com/webapps/customer ... mmary.view
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

Datch wrote:
Alabama Woody wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:

With the settings of your profile log in and go to this link. https://www.paypal.com/webapps/customer ... mmary.view
I'll try that shortly on the laptop. Thanks !
Forget what you see
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
tmv
Little Bird

Post by tmv »

You can change your payment method without canceling your subscription. If you go to My Account -> My Subscriptions and choose to Edit your active subscription, there is a link to Change Payment Method. Unfortunately, at the moment, it does immediately bill you for the following package, but then you don't have to pay anything for 6 mos or so :). This will expire your old subscription and create a new active subscription, so there is no canceling involved. This only applies to credit card customers. Paypal folks will currently need to keep their payment info up to date.

On a similar note, if you need to reactivate a suspended subscription, you should go to My Account -> My Subscriptions and choose to 'reactivate' the subscription. This will allow you to keep your renewal day and will not void your Tidal voucher.
Datch
Little Acorn

Post by Datch »

tmv wrote:You can change your payment method without canceling your subscription. If you go to My Account -> My Subscriptions and choose to Edit your active subscription, there is a link to Change Payment Method. Unfortunately, at the moment, it does immediately bill you for the following package, but then you don't have to pay anything for 6 mos or so :). This will expire your old subscription and create a new active subscription, so there is no canceling involved. This only applies to credit card customers. Paypal folks will currently need to keep their payment info up to date.

On a similar note, if you need to reactivate a suspended subscription, you should go to My Account -> My Subscriptions and choose to 'reactivate' the subscription. This will allow you to keep your renewal day and will not void your Tidal voucher.
How are you sure it doesn't void your Tidal voucher? As I read it, they will tell Tidal when you have unsubscribed from the vault and then Tidal revokes it on their end so you have to pay full price. I dont know why you should not be able to get a new code to get the discount back when you subscribe again to the vault but I guess the system is just being difficult.
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

Datch wrote:
tmv wrote:You can change your payment method without canceling your subscription. If you go to My Account -> My Subscriptions and choose to Edit your active subscription, there is a link to Change Payment Method. Unfortunately, at the moment, it does immediately bill you for the following package, but then you don't have to pay anything for 6 mos or so :). This will expire your old subscription and create a new active subscription, so there is no canceling involved. This only applies to credit card customers. Paypal folks will currently need to keep their payment info up to date.

How are you sure it doesn't void your Tidal voucher? As I read it, they will tell Tidal when you have unsubscribed from the vault and then Tidal revokes it on their end so you have to pay full price. I dont know why you should not be able to get a new code to get the discount back when you subscribe again to the vault but I guess the system is just being difficult.
TMV works at TMR....I would think if he says it will work...it will work.
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Stl_ben wrote:
Datch wrote:

Not to mention, Valentine (assuming that's who tmv is) was quoting more or less directly from the FAQ at the Vault-- http://thirdmanstore.com/thevault/frequ ... -questions
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Datch
Little Acorn

Post by Datch »

Kali Durga wrote:
Stl_ben wrote:
Datch wrote:

Not to mention, Valentine (assuming that's who tmv is) was quoting more or less directly from the FAQ at the Vault-- http://thirdmanstore.com/thevault/frequ ... -questions
Sorry that I don't know who all works for TMR :wave:

But it seems there is a new issue to deal with. People are getting an email from Tidal that this discount is only for 2 months and that they are sorry for the misinformation...