Vault #20

Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Re: Vault #20

Post by Alabama Woody »

I so wish this was released as a regular version with no gimmicks on 180gm virgin vinyl. For the best possible sound and they could have released the Ultra LP separate. Hate to complain but seems like a good sounding, good quality version of JW 's 2nd album would be a must. Like Blunderbuss. Oh well, oh well ...
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
dying stereo
Little Bird

Post by dying stereo »

Just cancelled my subscription.No answers to my FOUR mails within TWO weeks. That's unprofessional.
There's a million reasons why the hippies failed.(Joe Strummer)
Hans_ka
Little Acorn

Post by Hans_ka »

dying stereo wrote:Just cancelled my subscription.No answers to my FOUR mails within TWO weeks. That's unprofessional.
Someone should call them, someone US based.
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

I would imagine they have had a shitload of emails since sending these out. Not taking up for them but they probably sold thousands and probably have hundreds of emails.
I would think it would be easier and cheaper if they sent out a quality product not missing anything ..... Good luck to those having troubles !!!
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
Bikedo
Little Ghost

Post by Bikedo »

dying stereo wrote:Just cancelled my subscription.No answers to my FOUR mails within TWO weeks. That's unprofessional.
What e-mail address did you send it to?
I'd like to sleep 100 days, my feeling has gone, flesh cold and numb.
Kaber
Little People

Post by Kaber »

Bikedo wrote:
Donotreply@spamfilter.com
Hans_ka
Little Acorn

Post by Hans_ka »

:lol:
Kaber wrote:
Bikedo wrote:
Donotreply@spamfilter.com
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

bobfrombob wrote:My copy of Lazaretto has a lot of surface noise and quite a few clicks and pops.

The above messages confirm my experience. I sent a message to customer service last Tuesday morning and have not heard a peep. I resent this morning :? .
I FINALLY got around to listening to my vault copy of Lazaretto and it does have a bunch of surface noise as well. There are a few cracks as well.. A shame for sure. It is a nice looking piece of wax though. I will be using my black copy for playing and the split colour for display purpose.
avrate
Little Cream Soda

Post by avrate »

arewhyehen wrote:
bobfrombob wrote:My copy of Lazaretto has a lot of surface noise and quite a few clicks and pops.

The above messages confirm my experience. I sent a message to customer service last Tuesday morning and have not heard a peep. I resent this morning :? .
I FINALLY got around to listening to my vault copy of Lazaretto and it does have a bunch of surface noise as well. There are a few cracks as well.. A shame for sure. It is a nice looking piece of wax though. I will be using my black copy for playing and the split colour for display purpose.
Mine sounds better than expected, except for the skip on the electric intro that skips the wrong way on my copy.
Hearing some extra seconds of the end of the acoustic intro each time too.
No surface noise or crackling at least.
"Teenage angst has paid off well, now I'm bored and old"
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

avrate wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:

Mine sounds better than expected, except for the skip on the electric intro that skips the wrong way on my copy.
Skipping the wrong way?? Weird. I wonder if your tonearm is set to the correct weight
avrate
Little Cream Soda

Post by avrate »

arewhyehen wrote:
avrate wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:

Skipping the wrong way?? Weird. I wonder if your tonearm is set to the correct weight
It is. Even tried adjusting weight, but there's a flaw in the groove.
"Teenage angst has paid off well, now I'm bored and old"
dying stereo
Little Bird

Post by dying stereo »

Finally Cam emailed me, that they had a lot of replacements and they work it chronologically. I send it back now and hope for a mint copy.
There's a million reasons why the hippies failed.(Joe Strummer)
Jamie
Little Ghost

Post by Jamie »

dying stereo wrote:they had a lot of replacements
This really should be a cause for concern for them. They have to sort this out in future for their own sake.
bobfrombob
Little Bird

Post by bobfrombob »

Jamie wrote:
dying stereo wrote:they had a lot of replacements
This really should be a cause for concern for them. They have to sort this out in future for their own sake.
Yeah, this ^. I told myself I was done with them when they wouldn't replace my defective Jack Live album. They told me I took too long to alert them and they had no more copies (I took like 6 weeks). I re-upped for this but I think this is the end for me.
luccamezz
Little Cream Soda

Post by luccamezz »

Well, here's my verdict about the package as a whole: My LP definitely doesn't sound good, so I'll be spinning my black copy instead of this one. The 7" is simply delightful! It sounds just as I expected it would, even reminded me a little some WS recordings. The book is awesome, although it's smelly, probably because of the postcard (which is a nice little bonus to me). Not as much as some folks reported, but it is.
The whole artwork is TMR at it's best in my opinion. The hardcover book, the LP's alternate cover/backcover pics, the records colors and the way every is arranged feels nothing but perfect to me. Probably the best designed Vault package so far.
A Woman is more powerful than a man and this I know, and I think that you know this too.