Vault package #8

orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Re: Vault package #8

Post by orangeshoeskid »

very excited about this. Too bad it wasn't the show before it, I was there and it was amazing. But then again it would have the same ring to it if they were describing it as "the second to last live show." Doesn't sound as appealing.
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
Facebook / FT/ISO / ExpressoBeans Collection / Google+
icdvet
Little Ghost

Post by icdvet »

Bikedo wrote:
EPIC-WIN.jpg
TMR need to do a Green Series release of a freshly-uttered Charlie Sheen rant before he gets sectioned.
Dear NSA, I hope that you enjoy this post.
Grimtale
Little People

Post by Grimtale »

Only one word comes to mind...

BONER

-Grim
I am everything you hate...
FlyFarmBlues
Little Acorn

Post by FlyFarmBlues »

icdvet wrote:
TMR need to do a Green Series release of a freshly-uttered Charlie Sheen rant before he gets sectioned.
Fucking brilliant.
IamFrank007
Little Acorn

Post by IamFrank007 »

trickster wrote:high quality pic
Don't get me wrong,I LOVE this package,but why does the album cover have snow in Mississippi ?
Frank is a funkasaurus rex......................
hawke000

Post by hawke000 »

IamFrank007 wrote:
Don't get me wrong,I LOVE this package,but why does the album cover have snow in Mississippi ?
its actually woodstock ontario in the winter (only forest city people will get that)
Last edited by hawke000 on Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
elduderino
Little Ghost

Post by elduderino »

IamFrank007 wrote:
not to mention snow, but is that grim's BONER covered in it?
he is everything i hate...
Grimtale
Little People

Post by Grimtale »

elduderino wrote:
IamFrank007 wrote:
not to mention snow, but is that grim's BONER covered in it?
And you wonder why your post get deleted...
Grim
I am everything you hate...
IamFrank007
Little Acorn

Post by IamFrank007 »

hawke000 wrote:
IamFrank007 wrote:
its actually woodstock ontario in the winter (only forest city people will get that)
My aunt lives in Woodstock Ont. Is that pic in AW's book ?
elduderino
Little Ghost

Post by elduderino »

IamFrank007 wrote:
hawke000 wrote:
IamFrank007 wrote:
My aunt lives in Woodstock Ont. Is that pic in AW's book ?
say again?!
he is everything i hate...
IamFrank007
Little Acorn

Post by IamFrank007 »

Autumn De Wilde hard cover book, part of UGWNL box set.
rival
Little Ghost

Post by rival »

Call me a piece of shit but I'm not familiar with either of the songs on the 7"...what I mean by that is, by not really going into the abyss of the WS catalog, it's nice to get new WS music after the break up, even if it's only new to me...This package should arrive around by birthday too...nice.
Hey, it's just a fucking record. Chill.
sandmaniac3
Little Acorn

Post by sandmaniac3 »

rival wrote:Call me a piece of shit but I'm not familiar with either of the songs on the 7"...what I mean by that is, by not really going into the abyss of the WS catalog, it's nice to get new WS music after the break up, even if it's only new to me...This package should arrive around by birthday too...nice.
Yeah. I don't have a lot of WS deep tracks myself. So I am really excited by this too. I just hope that they have enough stuff like this so that there will be a reasonable number of future WS Vault releases.
Has everything you said today been true?
makers888
Little Acorn

Post by makers888 »

HappyDad wrote:
You want the White Stripes. We get it. So for our upcoming Vault package we’re excited to present our fans with peeks at the White Stripes from three decidedly different eras of the band.

First off, we’re pleased to offer Live in Mississippi a recording of the White Stripes’ final live concert from July 31st, 2007 in Southaven, Mississippi. Presented in crystalline audio quality and spread across 2 LP’s pressed on 180-gram vinyl, this recording is (arguably) the band at the top of their game. With the local geography looming large on their minds, the set list is decidedly heavy on the blues and features covers of songs by Robert Johnson, Son House and Leadbelly. The rest of the set includes songs from all six of the White Stripes’ studio albums and the show is offered in its entirety.

Our 7” this quarter features some of the earliest recordings the White Stripes ever made. The a-side is a haunting, stark version of “Signed DC” originally done by the band Love on their self-titled debut record from 1966. The flipside is a breathtaking rendition of the Otis Redding classic “I’ve Been Loving You Too Long.” Recorded in Detroit in September of 1997 a mere two months after the Stripes’ live debut, this single provides a heretofore unheard era of the band. Although their debut single “Let’s Shake Hands” wouldn’t be released for another eight months, this recording shows how fully-formed the general idea, aesthetic and approach of the White Stripes was from the very start.

The final component of this collection is a DVD entitled Under Moorhead Lights All Fargo Night. Recorded at Ralph’s Corner Bar in Moorhead, Minnesota on June 13th, 2000, this previously unseen footage captures the band immediately following the release of their sophomore album De Stijl on what was their first extended bout of touring across the United States. Performing for only a handful of people, the show is heavy on the band’s earlier material with a spirited cover of Iggy Pop’s “I’m Bored” being of particular excitement and note.

Live in Mississippi
Stop Breaking Down (Robert Johnson)
Let’s Build a Home
When I Hear My Name
Icky Thump
Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground/As Ugly As I Seem
The Same Boy You’ve Always Known
Wasting My Time
Phonograph Blues (Robert Johnson)
Cannon/John the Revelator (Traditional)
Death Letter (Son House)
Astro
Apple Blossom
You Don’t Know What Love Is (You Do As You’re Told)
In the Cold, Cold Night
I Want to Be the Boy to Warm Your Mother’s Heart
Hotel Yorba
A Martyr For My Love For You
Ball and Biscuit
300 MPH Torrential Outpour Blues
Blue Orchid
I’m Slowly Turning Into You
Boll Weevil

Under Moorhead Lights All Fargo Night
Lets Shake Hands
Screwdriver
Wasting My Time
Jolene (Dolly Parton)
Little Bird
Apple Blossom
You’re Pretty Good Looking (for a Girl)
Your Southern Can is Mine (Blind Willie McTell)
Suger Never Tasted So Good
Truth Doesn’t Make a Noise
I’m Bored (Iggy Pop)
Cannon/John the Revelator (Traditional)rn

This is fricken ORGASMIC! What an EXCELLENT package! Now I definitely know why I'm a member of the Vault. This is hands down my favorite by far! Now I'm going to be the guy complaining about getting my package in the mail.

Man, are there stories to be told about this. I know a couple guys and a gal who attended the Moorhead show. It would be kick ass to see them in the video. I might have to pick up a couple additional Vault packages and send them over as a gift.

I'm kicking myself for not attending this show now. Even though I ended up seeing them a couple weeks later outside of Chicago. Man, so many stories to be told about the early days of the Stripes.
Moller72
Little Ghost

Post by Moller72 »

Does anyone else think it is kind of weird that they did not play seven nation army at there last show?